Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NASA-Tom and the Equinox

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NASA-Tom and the Equinox
December 21, 2017 02:18PM
Tom, have you tested or do you plan to be testing the Equinox as soon as it is made available to the public?

Some here value your opinion on such matters... winking smiley
Re: NASA-Tom and the Equinox
December 21, 2017 02:29PM
go-rebels --

Agreed. If 90 of us toss in $10 apiece, we could put a new 800 in his hands...

Steve
December 21, 2017 07:25PM
Should we PayPal you, Steve or directly to Tom?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 21, 2017 07:33PM
While Tom D. does a fine job testing machines, unfortunately the testing doesn't represent my ground conditions in any way, shape or form. So although I appreciate all the effort and exceedingly detailed reports that Tom shares with us, the ultimate test is when I take it to my challenging sites.... heavy ground mineralization, hard core alkali soils, sea of nail environs, etc.

Luckily for those of us that do endure harsh detecting environs Steve H. has been testing the Equinox 800, if it passes muster at his highly mineralized and highly ironized soils, I know it will do exceedingly well at the places I enjoy detecting, because they can be similar, if not identical.

HH,
Brian
December 21, 2017 07:36PM
I was just throwing it out there as an idea, Pasttom.

Don't even know if NASA-Tom is interested in doing the testing, or if there are enough interested people here to fund him a machine...

Steve

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 07:39PM by steveg.
December 21, 2017 07:47PM
I’ll chip in! Be great to see what Tom thinks of it especially on the wet salt sand.

John
December 21, 2017 07:50PM
Goodmore reviewsgrinning smiley
December 21, 2017 08:22PM
I’m trying to figure out why WE should buy Tom’s Equinox..

Bryan
December 21, 2017 08:51PM
Cabin Fever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m trying to figure out why WE should buy Tom’s
> Equinox..
>
> Bryan

Many out there would like to hear his input before buying, and for me, I think having his input documented on the forum would be valuable. It's worth 10 bucks to me...

Steve
December 21, 2017 09:21PM
Shoot, I'll pitch in $10 and I'm not even going to get an Equinox.
December 21, 2017 10:09PM
99% of the great finds posted on here are due to location, location, location.
December 21, 2017 10:54PM
Detectorist Wrote:
> 99% of the great finds posted on here are due to l
> ocation, location, location.

Exactly BINGO.....I have high hopes for the new models but Hoopla does not directly mean more finds in a hunted spot ....until proven with ubiased reviews not from a quasi moto celebrity.
December 21, 2017 11:41PM
Probably to busy testing a Fisher Prototype. grinning smiley
December 21, 2017 11:48PM
Detectorist Wrote:
> 99% of the great finds posted on here are due to l
> ocation, location, location.

Absolutely.
The Minelab home boys will be swinging in the best locations available without question.
A couple of merc's from a public park is not that notable even if the dirt is bad , we deal with that on a daily basis in the Rocky Mountains.
Until I see reviews from guys with no dog in the hunt , it's just another new detector.
I don't care about the dirt , I want to see honest hard numbers and test parameters followed!
C'mon Tom!
December 22, 2017 12:03AM
If Tom could possibly do a test of the Nox would gladly donate to the expense. In the long run it could save us a few bucks.
Is there a PP donate button. Will look. Thanks

Cheers
December 26, 2017 03:57AM
((( Funny you guys should mention. )))

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also........ I have been out of the Country; have just returned...... and am JUST catching up on the forum.,.,.,.,.,., with a long way to go.
December 26, 2017 08:40AM
Hmm...

Cryptic -- intentionally, I'm sure! winking smiley

But I can't resist asking anyway...

Already have, are presently, or will be soon?

Steve
December 31, 2017 02:46PM
NASA-Tom
((( Funny you guys should mention. )))

confused smiley
December 31, 2017 06:36PM
I'm curious if this machine will get Tom to retire his CZ.
January 01, 2018 02:26PM
((( Do not send me money for an Equinox. )))
January 01, 2018 03:05PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> ((( Do not send me money for an Equinox. )))

Are you time traveling too?? It’s about 9 central right now and your time stamp says 2:26 Pm! Must still be out of the country??....
January 01, 2018 03:07PM
Never mind,it looks like the clock is off no matter what here...damn Y2K screwed up everything!
January 01, 2018 07:56PM
As usual my attempt at humor was misread. In spite of that I'd happily donate a dime to the cause anytime it is requested. Tom's input has been far more valuable to me. I'd go for a book or a new DVD (got the old ones), another article for First Texas winking smiley, or whatever.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
January 01, 2018 11:56PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> As usual my attempt at humor was misread. In spit
> e of that I'd happily donate a dime to the cause a
> nytime it is requested. Tom's input has been far
> more valuable to me. I'd go for a book or a new D
> VD (got the old ones), another article for First T
> exas winking smiley, or whatever.

I think NASA-Tom is saying he HAS an Equinox... winking smiley

If so, I don't think he'll "leave us in the dark," but will give us a bit of info when he has the time, and is at liberty to do so...

And I for one will be highly interested in whatever he decides to share...

I agree with you, Pastor...would LOVE to see a DVD, or article, or anything else, that transfers any sort of info from NASA-Tom's brain, to ours... smiling smiley

Steve
January 02, 2018 12:03AM
Old Bob D.

‘Time will tell, who has fell - and who’se been left behind...”

Likely the Eq. will be huge, time, and maybe folks like our host - will make it clear.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 02, 2018 12:45AM
Humor aways has presidential risks.....quit the smoke n mirrors he has one or notcool smiley
January 02, 2018 12:24PM
Will this be the machine that gives us the best of both worlds........ a gold and coin machine? I dont see it falling on its face as a water wading machine with it having faster recovery, sweep speed options some notch, maybe more sensitivity, wont swing like a 2X4........ and...... the plus is micro gold capable on the dry sand and you can swing the thing longer. They left out one on my wish list thou....... the ability to hunt in the water in PP/real AM mode. Who knows maybe its no long needed.

Dew
January 02, 2018 05:29PM
Hey Dew, maybe Fisher will surprise us and turn out a nice light waterproof beauty that will toggle PI and F75/CZish performance for under a grand? Take that Minelab (should I cancel my 'nox order?). eye rolling smiley

Past(or)Tom
January 02, 2018 06:33PM
I hope the real life unbiased reviews start to trickle in soon, all this excitement on a new model is really over the top.

I would put money on it being good but a game changer ? I certainly admire it being water proof and light weight but that does not help me find more coins in a heavily hunted park and don't live in area of tiny small gold nuggets.

I just think we may have to much expectation for it?? hope wrong I like to re hunt my old spots that dryed out.
January 02, 2018 07:10PM
steveg Wrote:

>
> I think NASA-Tom is saying he HAS an Equinox... ;
> )

or he doesn't need everyone's charity