Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

what about this? i apologize for the boring topic..

Posted by treasurehunter747 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
what about this? i apologize for the boring topic..
December 22, 2017 08:34AM
How about a Fisher CZ6A-Pro with split range discrimination where the user has precise adjustable control over the amount of iron to accept or reject.. Only effects the iron range
2--An iron audio silencer toggle- Discriminate the iron audio only but iron will still register on the target meter if accepted...
3--Target Meter light for detecting at night....
4-- A small push button that when pushed, back lights the control panel so that the user could check their settings and adjust as needed...
5-- User selectable 2- 4 or 8 audio target responses...
6-- Toggle which allows the user to choose between wireless headphones or corded headphones...
Re: what about this? i apologize for the boring topic..
December 22, 2017 10:24AM
I am somewhat surprised F T hasn't done something further with the C Z platform. Merry Christmas everyone. HH jim tn
December 22, 2017 11:07AM
TH.......if they did this wouldnt they just be catching up? Id like to see a LEAP.
December 22, 2017 11:38AM
treasurehunter747 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about a Fisher CZ6A-Pro with split range discr
> imination where the user has precise adjustable co
> ntrol over the amount of iron to accept or reject.
> . Only effects the iron range
> 2--An iron audio silencer toggle- Discriminate the
> iron audio only but iron will still register on th
> e target meter if accepted...
> 3--Target Meter light for detecting at night....
> 4-- A small push button that when pushed, back lig
> hts the control panel so that the user could check
> their settings and adjust as needed...
> 5-- User selectable 2- 4 or 8 audio target respons
> es...
That would be an amazing mod. I believe you can do that.
> 6-- Toggle which allows the user to choose between
> wireless headphones or corded headphones...
December 22, 2017 12:37PM
Dewcon i was just thinking about a CZ with iron disc that can be adjusted as opposed to how the CZ predetermines your amount when one turns the disc knob presently... And to be able to choose how many tones you can use, as there have been sites I would prefer only 2 tones ferrous and non-ferrous. Just a few more options for an already awesome machine. Thanks fellas...
TH
December 22, 2017 01:09PM
I'm really surprised Fisher doesn't make a decent beach detector. They expect us to improvise with their heavy CZ21 with crappy headphones and no ability to change coils. It's a great machine with incredible performance but it's a real hassle to use out of the water. The ability to turn off the salt mode would be nice too. Wasn't the old CZ7 like that?

I never use discrimination. With Multi tone ID, I don't need it.

December 22, 2017 01:31PM
Badger as im sure you know the audio is where its at. Especially with a CZ that has 8 tones. There are small quirks and nuances in the audio response that takes a dedicated detector user a while to learn but those variances are paramount and priceless as far as target information is concerned.... Thanks
TH
December 22, 2017 01:37PM
Forgot to add that a CZ with a 0-100 VDI would be an awesome target id reference as well..
TH
December 22, 2017 01:52PM
If I recall correctly, Dave Johnson went on record some time back to say there would be no updated releases on the cz platform.

CZ tuning is a very labor intensive procedure as Tom will be the first to tell you, and there is a much better profit margin with digital machines.
December 22, 2017 03:11PM
As far as can be determined from various forum posts and by a recent podcast of Relic Roundup, First Texas has several new technology platforms under development, but I suspect that none of them are based on the CZ. That technology is decades old and a new platform would have to do things no CZ can do.

As far as a beach machine, the most promising development from Fisher that is known about is the so-called “Manta” platform developed to advanced prototype stage by Alexandre Tartar in France. The entire program - including Alexandre and his team - are now part Fisher at First Texas. This Pulse Induction platform has shown performance exceeding current multifrequency detectors, especially in black sand, while offering seperior depth and useful ferrous discrimination to good depth.

As far as new multifrequency development at FT - they have already disclosed this, but no details have emerged and it looks like it might still be a while before a product results.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 22, 2017 05:37PM
The CZ has some age I was just curious what you guys thought of a current CZ with the extras i mentioned. I especially like the adjustable iron. Thanks
TH
December 22, 2017 06:39PM
To those that dislike CAPITAL letters, they are used for emphasis for certain controls and or settings.....lol

...I have owned a CZ5 in the past, it was and still is nicknamed "Ole Nail Grabber" This nick name was given to it by the well liked author and detectorist JB(MS) aka John Mac Brown... God rest his soul. I was interested in owning one back about 15 years ago and had a conversation with JB(MS) via PM's and he told me that the CZ5 had a taste for deep nails. I used it for about a year and by golly, he was right.

..I ground balanced it & run it with these settings: to start with... Turn it On...SENSITIVITY set to MAX...VOLUME set to MAX, GROUND BALANCE knob set at Pre- Set #5, DISC. clicked into AUTO all metal, Now listen to the barely audible THRESHOLD and do the up & down pumping of the coil to see if the ground balance is 'spot on'. I hardly ever had to move the GROUND BALANCE knob from the #5 spot. At times there was too much trash to do a proper GB so I just kept the GB knob on #5 I need to inform you that I have mild Kansas soil and this machine goes deep in iron clean ground. .

Upon a successful ground balance, I would turn down SENSITIVITY to below #5 and move the VOLUME to about #4 as to hear the excellent modulated audio. Disc. clicked to minimum disc. so that all three tones with iron tone are being used. I never used any Disc. as to hear it all including the iron buzz audio.

Once set up like this, I took it to several old house sites and it would 'High Tone" on every nail in the yard, I would use the push button PINPOINT to center the target. Then with slow sweeps of the coil over the center of the target and get the iron buzz audio....and so it went out the door.
December 22, 2017 07:07PM
Yes but for deep turf coin hunting they are still hard to beat. Went back to spots I and others thought they cleaned out with the Mighty Explorer,Etrac, and even the Newer CTX model and pulled Deepies they all missed and this with the stock 8" coil!
Does it like a deep Nail or two? Yes sir. Does it Love Old Deep coins? He'll Yeah!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2017 07:11PM by Harold,ILL..
December 22, 2017 10:14PM
Hombre im hoping that with 8 tones deep iron like that may sound different at least enough to where the user can get a better idea of whats in the ground.... And with the user being able to adjust how much iron they let through hopefully this will possibly, even if minimal, alleviate some of the problems with the CZ'S loving iron... Thanks
TH
December 23, 2017 12:21AM
I still like my CZ70. That was Fisher's response to the new (at that time) Explorer, too bad that's where they quit, because Minelab just kept on going, what 5-6 new FBS/2 machines since the CZ70.... confused smiley

Got to get some perspective on that. smoking smiley I feel like FTP rested on the F75 for so long, and yes it is a great detector, it completely raised the bar for many, yet at the same time the ML train kept on truckin' I feel like the Equinox threw them for a loop, and now their seriously behind, perhaps scrapping something "big" that was in the works because it was unsustainable for it to compete with the Impact and EQX. May have seriously set them back a few years, but only time will tell. I'm still routing for FTP, new technology and competition is a great thing, it pushes technology forward.
December 23, 2017 12:44AM
Cal, I have Heard that also the CZ-70 was Fisher answer to the Explorer. I never thought the Digital CZs were as Deep as most the Analog CZs?
And recovery speed was the same.
At least the ones I had. I have Heard though some of the CZ-70s that could run sens. To 6 without falsing were as hot or hotter than most CZs. I never had a hot one as my CZ-70s would not go past 4 sens. Without falsing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 12:50AM by Harold,ILL..
December 23, 2017 01:00AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cal, I have Heard that also the CZ-70 was Fisher a
> nswer to the Explorer. I never thought the Digital
> CZs were as Deep as most the Analog CZs?
> And recovery speed was the same.
> At least the ones I had. I have Heard though some
> of the CZ-70s that could run sens. To 6 without fa
> lsing were as hot or hotter than most CZs.

My CZ70 runs great on sens 6, I looked specifically for one that did when I got it. Couple that with the Sunray Intruder, it's bagged some deep silver, but my buddy can out hunt it with his Exp2. They do have a (deserved?) reputation as nail lovers.....I don't think I've dug any more with the CZ70 then any other machine.
December 24, 2017 01:18AM
Simply put CZ upgrades won't happen...more profit margin in their other models and money talks and BS walks...
December 25, 2017 07:48PM
I'd take one

would be a killer coin hunter - especially if the 0-100 meter accurately works to depth thumbs down