Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Killer B headphones

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Killer B headphones
December 23, 2017 07:55PM
I 'm looking to get pair of these and was wondering if anyone here have used them. I have a pair of Original Gray Ghost but I just can't get use to their audio. It's way to high pitched, raspy and harsh for me so I end up using my cheap Calrads. Does anyone know how the audio of the Killer Bs would compare to that of the Gray Ghosts.
Thanks fellows
Re: Killer B headphones
December 23, 2017 08:05PM
I like Killer B wasp on My CZ-3D.
But liked Grey Ghost on My Nautilus detectors.
Both gave sweeter sound to the Modulation on both units. But on Etrac I like the Jolly Rodger ultimates. They also work good on My Golden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 08:07PM by Harold,ILL..
December 23, 2017 08:10PM
Killer Bs are the most comfortable of all the headphones I've tried. Good clarity audio. Unfortunately, every pair I've had eventually gets a short right where the wire connects to the ear cup. They do last quite a while though.
December 23, 2017 08:11PM
I would be using them on my T2s
December 23, 2017 08:19PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Killer Bs are the most comfortable of all the head
> phones I've tried. Good clarity audio. Unfortuna
> tely, every pair I've had eventually gets a short
> right where the wire connects to the ear cup. The
> y do last quite a while though.

Keith, what headphones do you use with your T2
December 23, 2017 08:39PM
Bill-----I used the Grey Ghost NDT's for several yrs. & liked them "ok".----Then I ended up getting the Sunray Pro Golds and the Killer Bee (Wasps) and IMO what a difference (better) the tonal quality was/is.------To me, both the Killer Bees & Sunrays work very well on any detector but especially well on the Minelab FBS line of detectors.-----After I used them, I realized how "tinny" of a tonal quality the Grey Ghosts had.-----John Smith down in Tuscalloosa makes both the Sunrays & Killer Bees.------They will work very well on your T2--I'm sure you will like them.------The Killer Bee "Hornets" have a larger ear cup and are a little heavier than the "Wasps"------Both the Sunrays & Killer Bees have leather ear cushions versus the vinyl ear cushions on the Grey Ghosts--all have limited lifetime warranty (meaning not everything on any of them is lifetime covered).----------Del
December 23, 2017 09:34PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bill-----I used the Grey Ghost NDT's for several y
> rs. & liked them "ok".----Then I ended up getting
> the Sunray Pro Golds and the Killer Bee (Wasps) an
> d IMO what a difference (better) the tonal quality
> was/is.------To me, both the Killer Bees & Sunrays
> work very well on any detector but especially well
> on the Minelab FBS line of detectors.-----After I
> used them, I realized how "tinny" of a tonal quali
> ty the Grey Ghosts had.-----John Smith down in Tus
> calloosa makes both the Sunrays & Killer Bees.----
> --They will work very well on your T2--I'm sure yo
> u will like them.------The Killer Bee "Hornets" ha
> ve a larger ear cup and are a little heavier than
> the "Wasps"------Both the Sunrays & Killer Bees ha
> ve leather ear cushions versus the vinyl ear cushi
> ons on the Grey Ghosts--all have limited lifetime
> warranty (meaning not everything on any of them is
> lifetime covered).----------Del

That is interesting may just try a pair been using only GG since started and no harm having 2.

hh

oj/bc4me
December 23, 2017 09:42PM
I've been using Killer B Opima's for the last 3 years and I like the sound quality and volume, but, the headband snapped where it attaches to the ear cup and the wires shorted where the plug goes into the detector. I taped the headband together, replaced the plug and still prefer them over the Sunray Pro Gold's. I run my CTX thru a Periscope Probe setup and the Gold's volume is too low for me. I just ordered a set of Killer B Hornets because they have the upgraded cord and larger cups I will be selling the Sunrays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 09:44PM by Dan(NM).
December 29, 2017 10:48PM
Thanks guys for the input. Got a pair of Killer Bees today. They're just what I was looking for.
Happy New Year to all of you.smileys with beer