Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro's and EMI?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro's and EMI?
December 24, 2017 07:54PM
I was out at a couple newer parks Yesterday with My Golden. There was a couple spots with EMI pretty bad. Lowering Sens. Helped some, But thinking back heard someone say raising the Disc. on Tesoros will also help eliminate it? Any of You Tesoro Guys try that? If So can You leave the Sens. Turned up then? Thanks.
Re: Tesoro's and EMI?
December 24, 2017 09:35PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was out at a couple newer parks Yesterday with M
> y Golden. There was a couple spots with EMI pretty
> bad. Lowering Sens. Helped some, But thinking back
> heard someone say raising the Disc. on Tesoros wil
> l also help eliminate it? Any of You Tesoro Guys t
> ry that? If So can You leave the Sens. Turned up t
> hen? Thanks.

Howdy Harold,,,,,,,,,,,I think you answered your own question...the only way to know for sure is to try it out for yourself. While on vacation at SeaSide beach on the Oregon coast I could see streaks of black sand running through the grey mineralized sand. What I did was raise the Disc.enough to cancel out the salt and reduce the Sensitivity on my Pantera and it ran very well on on the wet sand,,, I had very little EMI.
December 24, 2017 11:22PM
Yes both parks were within 100 Yards of Railroad tracks so that probably had something to do with it. Next time will try raising Disc. Instead of lowering Sens. As Tesoro's are so much hotter in the boost section of Sens.
December 24, 2017 11:45PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Yes both parks were within 100 Yards of Railroad t
> racks so that probably had something to do with it
> . Next time will try raising Disc. Instead of lowe
> ring Sens. As Tesoro's are so much hotter in the b
> oost section of Sens.

Those railroad micro wave towers are to blame, I have a permission that is very close to the RR and has rendered my detectors inoperable. Not all the time because I have returned at a later date and my machine would run great. This has occurred several times with my Bandido ll µMax then returned at a later date and it ran just fine. At least I didn't piss my pants or forget who I was when this happened...lololol
December 24, 2017 11:51PM
Yeah that's rite You are a longtime Railroad Man!
That deserved one of My Famous 'Double Caps' Ha.
Anyways dug a 9" Deep small waded piece of Foil. Just for kicks took out a clad Dime I found put it in the hole and filled it. Had My Sens. 3/4 in boost section. Went over it and got a Good 4 way modulated high tone hit. So then I dropped Sens. to 10 just out of boost and lost it. That's shows how critical the Sens. is on Tesoro depth

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 12:04AM by Harold,ILL..
December 25, 2017 12:10AM
It all depends on location, sometimes too much sensitivity is like using your high beams while driving in a fog.
December 25, 2017 12:16AM
Well I don't have Hot ground so I can get away with it.
December 25, 2017 03:46PM
I guess We are the only two 'Dinosaur's' still using Tesoros? Ha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 03:48PM by Harold,ILL..
December 25, 2017 05:55PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> I guess We are the only two 'Dinosaur's' still usi
> ng Tesoros? Ha.

If you can really RUN a Tesoro you'll beat most guys with the latest gizmo. Many of them don't even read the manual.
December 25, 2017 06:12PM
PhDtector Wrote:
> Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I guess We are the only two 'Dinosaur's' still u
> si
> > ng Tesoros? Ha.
>
> If you can really RUN a Tesoro you'll beat most gu
> ys with the latest gizmo. Many of them don't even
> read the manual.

True dat!
December 29, 2017 03:01PM
Down and dirty Tesoro's are one of the best gold units around with audio variances to a trained ear. Seem to have their own following..to each his own dinosaurs or not..
December 29, 2017 10:29PM
I have a number of Tesoro detectors. I have a RR track by this old ball field. It is very old. I do get EMI their too. I try to just turn things down to where I can pick out the good beeps. After it drives me crazy. I just go some place new for a while. I have found old coins their. I keep going back even for a little bit. KEN

Two Tesoro Compadres, One Silver uMax, , and one Whites Surfmaster 2 , Fisher 1266x
I had others I wish I did not sell.