Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which is the most desireable Golden Tesoro?

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which is the most desireable Golden Tesoro?
December 25, 2017 05:12PM
What's its market value?

I've seen a few here and there for sale but don't know enough about them to pull the trigger on one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 05:57PM by Detectorist.
Re: Which is the most desireable Golden Tesoro?
December 25, 2017 06:17PM
Well I love the 'New tone' Golden uMax. Some may disagree but I think the New tone model is at least a inch hotter while retaining the 'Proper' High tone as some older models drop a tone past a certain depth. My Golden will hold the High tone on a Silver dime rite to the edge of depth which in good mild ground like mine is 10". Plus at 2.2 lbs. and one 9 volt battery what's not to love. Ha.
They did not make as many New tone Models so they command a premium over the Old tones. I think they have cooled down as seen some under 450.00 which they were getting even more for a proven hot one like I got. One on Findmall a month back went for 375.00 I think in good condition which too Me was a steal.
PS, the SN# 190900 and up are the New tone Models.
Mine is 190907 so 7th one made. Maybe that's why it's so Hot? It seems earlier models of a New detector are Hottest or at least in My experience. Ha.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 06:27PM by Harold,ILL..
December 25, 2017 07:30PM
I have both golden's...a new tone and old tone...started out with the old tone first...I like both but the the new tone is now my preferred golden.
I'm running the 8" brown donut coil on it...seems to be a great coil match...also the 7" coil off my Mojave works well with both golden's.
This detector is great for parks and sports fields...the 3x18 DD coil is the best for shallow detecting down to 4".... you can cover a lot of ground in a short time.
As far as depth old verses new tone...there maybe a small gain in depth with the new tone....but the tones are much easier to distinguish with the new tone.
The golden microMax is a fun machine...can't go wrong with any Tesoro for that matter.
Takes a bit of time to learn the language of the golden...but it's worth it.

Cheers,

Whimp
December 29, 2017 02:52PM
Too many tones and notches for me...heck even Tesoro can't make up its mind rel tones....My preference would be the GS 11 or pantera...another plus is the older units have a different pinpoint whereas audio variances are much better gold or junk..Well learned some swear by the Golden...your call....as far a depth no notch Tesoro are depth monsters..
December 30, 2017 05:52PM
"I wouldn't mind using an original 'Golden Sabre' again!

T'was my 1st introduction to 'Notch' discrimination and it found me a lot of 'nickels' (as it was supposed to) but not too many rings?
I used to use it 'to mop up' on Monday's after Sunday nite concerts at a concert/picnic few acres set aside by the township.
Found a lot of jewelery, watches, bracelets, ear rings, etc as it seemed folk used like 'twiddling' with those as they sat around listening and '

Haven't seen a single post about the Golden Sabre for years?"