Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Go to 27 minute mark.........Guys buddy is not happy...moody smiley

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Go to 27 minute mark.........Guys buddy is not happy...moody smiley
December 25, 2017 08:18PM
27 minute mark is where it starts...HAMMERED GOLD!!

I'm happy for him and I don't know him..I've watched a few of his vids before ...makes some great finds!!

Watch whole video if you like Its long ..But the friends reaction to this guys find is well??

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Go to 27 minute mark.........Guys buddy is not happy...moody smiley
December 25, 2017 08:37PM
His reaction is perfect.
December 25, 2017 08:47PM
English are always happy.
December 25, 2017 09:03PM
I seen before and did think the other guy was very jealous and should of been happy for his friend finding a gold hammered coin...looked like bit of a weasel on the vidio.
December 25, 2017 09:04PM
I saw that about a week ago. What an A$$ hole!
Totally ruined that guys moment.
Beautiful coin..

Bryan
December 25, 2017 09:09PM
Cabin Fever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw that about a week ago. What an A$$ hole!
> Totally ruined that guys moment.
> Beautiful coin..
>
> Bryan

Exactly, a real friend would of been very happy also, not a nice person probably in life also. hh
December 25, 2017 09:11PM
Personally i would have waited till later in the day after we had both got home and then i would take a pic and text him the pic with the caption "hey look what i Found".. Only because im a bigger a$$hole than he is.
TH
December 25, 2017 10:07PM
guvmore Wrote:
> I seen before and did think the other guy was very
> jealous and should of been happy for his friend fi
> nding a gold hammered coin...looked like bit of a
> weasel on the vidio.

2xs that

should have congratulated him
December 26, 2017 12:18AM
I took it as the guy was just messin' with his friend by not acting excited.
Gotta love the contrast to a promotional video.
" The reading,on the scope,was the same as it was for a bit of crubby lead "
To those making promos- spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
December 26, 2017 12:22AM
I know it's Christmas.
So forgive me.

That gent, biggest Jackass I have ever witnessed.

I wonder how the gent would have acted had the gent who found the gold would have indeed made a bummer find???

Sorry folks, I won't hunt with someone like that-EVER!!
December 26, 2017 02:29AM
Be nice if the farmers plowed that deep around here.

They spray with Round Up to kill the weeds, wait a couple weeks+-, then plant corn or soy.......plowing/turning is old school.....dang it.

At least fake happiness for your bud,... ya old sour puss.
December 26, 2017 05:36AM
Its a stunning coin especially when you consider that the gold is so soft and thin also the ground has just been deep ploughed,they are also long term detecting buddies with very dry sense of humour but very experianced as well.Its just our sense of humour i guess,but i doubt that it was meant nasty but have met them a few times and they are very old timers.....a terrific find and gold hammered are the crème de la crème of our finds.
December 27, 2017 12:50AM
If my buddy showed me that ona hunt it would be hard for me not to help him dance around a little.

Yet I don't get to see a lot of gold coin's especially ancient ones LOL..So maybe it's old hat for those guys and they can rib each other some??

I would of GPS'd that spot though, so I could always return to it after each plow flip..could be the tip of a hoard.

I'm just glad he recorded the find....What a rush!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 28, 2017 04:14PM
Time to change buddies...however tough task...had a good one for 8 years an we both enjoyed each others finds.. Advantages nice to enjoy drink with, split auto expenses and find new places .....not to mention exchange expertises...
December 28, 2017 06:03PM
I really think the Guy was just kidding like said above the The British have a Dry sense of Humor.
Man never realised how hard it is to Detect in a Deep plowed Field like that? Just the walking alone looks like Workout.
December 28, 2017 08:49PM
I agree with the dry humor assessment. That's how me and my buddies are. What exactly were you guys wanting to see him do, act like somebody on the Price is Right that just got called to "come on down", flailing their arms in the air and running up trees?

My buddy went yesterday and got a nice Boreman fuse to a cannonball and sent me pics of it and some shell frags and case shot. My exact reply was "you suck". That's just how we congratulate one another. We get friendly competitive at everything. If we are fishing and one is outfishing the other, we might threaten to push them in the water or something of that nature. It's all in good fun but if someone is outside the group and doesn't get the humor, it would indeed seem like we are ticked off and enemies instead of friends.
December 28, 2017 09:20PM
The pair of them do have a long history, they co-authored this book a few years back:
[books.google.co.uk]
December 28, 2017 10:19PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I agree with the dry humor assessment. That's how
> me and my buddies are. What exactly were you guys
> wanting to see him do, act like somebody on the Pr
> ice is Right that just got called to "come on down
> ", flailing their arms in the air and running up t
> rees?
>

Looked like a jerk too many that viewed vidio.....if was dry humor? he perfected it to a T

Of course we would not act like children at a Beatles concert but if my friend dug a gold coin sure would not just act ho hum nothing great...
December 28, 2017 11:28PM
Thats probably because there aren't many here that would strike me as being fun to hunt with or that would understand ribbing one another. Several strike me as being like sticks in the mud when it comes to personality. That's not to say that folks here don't know their stuff and that you can't learn something. But in the past, attempts at humor on the boards has gone over a lot of people's heads over here. Everybody here takes everything dead serious.

I think a big clue to the humor part was when he offered to hold onto it for him and throw it away smiling smiley We do that from time to time in my group. "Ahh man, that ain't a NC Sunburst button, that's just a 12 gauge shotgun brass end. Throw that thing over here in my junk pouch". smiling smiley