Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detech WSS coils??

Posted by pine3874 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detech WSS coils??
December 25, 2017 08:23PM
What's the story on the Detech WSS coils? On Kellyco they are drastically reduced in price. Is there a problem with them? Also, does anyone know if the 10x5wssgb coil is compatible with the Greek Series detectors? It says that it is compatible with the GB and G2, but no mention of Greek detectors. On the other hand, the 13" Ultimate say that it is compatible with the GB, G2 and Greek series. Thanks
Re: Detech WSS coils??
December 25, 2017 09:57PM
Wonder if Kellyco is parting ways with Detech?

Notice they don't sell the Chaser on there.(strange).

Detector Electronics seems to be handling Chaser and aftermarket line of coils too.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 25, 2017 10:12PM
If you order from kellyco, call and make sure they have it in inventory.

On Dec. 18th, I ordered the 10x5" SEF WSS Search Coil for a G2, never got shipping number, called them late afternoon on the 22nd and they said it was out of inventory. Their website still showed it was in stock. They said I could cancel or wait, but couldn't give me a date when they expect them in.

So call first....lol
December 26, 2017 04:12AM
Yes it works on greeks. Fantastic coil. I just snagged one last week to use on omega and have tested on digitek with coil adapter. Its tighter than sharpshooter and longer. has sef characteristics. Like a dd in same footprint as stock omega 10" elliptical. center mount. super light and near 11"dd depth.
December 26, 2017 04:21AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes it works on greeks. Fantastic coil. I just s
> nagged one last week to use on omega and have test
> ed on digitek with coil adapter. Its tighter than
> sharpshooter and longer. has sef characteristics.
> Like a dd in same footprint as stock omega 10" ell
> iptical. center mount. super light and near 11"d
> d depth.

You nail it! Yes it works on a Omega. I also bought one off of eBay for my MXT Pro and I LOVE it! It's super deep, it separates really well and it only weighs 8 ounces.

tabman
December 26, 2017 04:24AM
My experience was all on FBS machines.
At one time I had the 5x10wss , the 6x8SEF and the Sharpshooter and tried them on the same day , with the same machine , on the same targets.
I have always wondered why Detech made the 5x10 and the 6x8 when they were so close to each other in size and performance.
Last year I noticed it appears the 5x10wss has become much less available for some reason , which I assume is due to the cult like following people have for the 6x8.
I kept the 5x10wss and sold the other two.
December 26, 2017 04:35AM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My experience was all on FBS machines.
> At one time I had the 5x10wss , the 6x8SEF and the
> Sharpshooter and tried them on the same day , with
> the same machine , on the same targets.
> I have always wondered why Detech made the 5x10 an
> d the 6x8 when they were so close to each other in
> size and performance.
> Last year I noticed it appears the 5x10wss has bec
> ome much less available for some reason , which I
> assume is due to the cult like following people ha
> ve for the 6x8.
> I kept the 5x10wss and sold the other two.

I'm glad that I bought the 5 x 10 for my MXT Pro. Now I'm not so sure that I want to give the 6 x 8 a try.

tabman
December 26, 2017 01:47PM
In my dirt I saw little to no difference in separation or depth between the three and saw no reason to give up the added coverage of the 5x10.
The Detech had tighter coils in the cable and was easier to mount on the rodthumbs down
December 27, 2017 12:45AM
I still feel the Detech coils are some of the best after market coils made Vs the others.

I know that (4.5x7 on FBS) and (6x8 on MXT) and (10x12 SEF on FBS and MXT) are are in a league of their own.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla