Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any of you want to trade weather for the next few days

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any of you want to trade weather for the next few days
December 26, 2017 01:05PM
Always enjoy reading the forums especially this time of year. You folks in the warmer climates are fortunate to be able to detect all year. This is what we have to look forward to for the next few days. [northcountrynow.com]
Re: Any of you want to trade weather for the next few days
December 26, 2017 01:26PM
Ugh! Sorry to hear that. That is COLD!!
On the flip side of that, we have unseasonably warm weather going on here in Northern Arizona. It was 66* Sunday and yesterday. Supposed to be 70* on Wednesday. The wife and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and went for a quad ride/picnic on Sunday and I went and did a quad ride/detecting trip yesterday. I swung an old RR spur and got in to a button spill area and recovered some cool old RR specific buttons.

I hope you get some reprieve from the cold soon. Perhaps, it's time for a vacation to warmer climates? Stay warm!

Dean
December 26, 2017 01:49PM
bado1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ugh! Sorry to hear that. That is COLD!!
> On the flip side of that, we have unseasonably war
> m weather going on here in Northern Arizona. It wa
> s 66* Sunday and yesterday. Supposed to be 70* on
> Wednesday. The wife and I took advantage of the be
> autiful weather and went for a quad ride/picnic on
> Sunday and I went and did a quad ride/detecting tr
> ip yesterday. I swung an old RR spur and got in t
> o a button spill area and recovered some cool old
> RR specific buttons.
>
> I hope you get some reprieve from the cold soon. P
> erhaps, it's time for a vacation to warmer climate
> s? Stay warm!
>
> Dean

70 degrees is about the perfect temperature for me. I was thinking that you lived in Alabama or somewhere around there Dean, did you move to Arizona. Never been to Arizona but if I did I would be sure to visit the good folks at the Tesoro factory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2017 01:50PM by SkiWhiz.
December 26, 2017 04:22PM
I woke up this Morning and it said 0 degrees on My phone? First time I saw that since I had a Smartphone.
Just went to 1 degree.
Hard to believe I was Metal detecting last week as ground was still soft. I guess I can take the Batteries out now. Ha.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2017 04:38PM by Harold,ILL..
December 26, 2017 06:55PM
I have lived in Arizona for most of my life. I live in the Prescott area just down the road from Tesoro.

Dean
December 26, 2017 09:20PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always enjoy reading the forums especially this ti
> me of year. You folks in the warmer climates are f
> ortunate to be able to detect all year. This is wh
> at we have to look forward to for the next few day
> s. [n]
> orthcountrynow.com/news/forecast-wind-chill-adviso
> ry-issued-st-lawrence-county-likely-experience-str
> etch-dangerously

Back in the late 80's, I had a Boy Scout Troop camping at a Klondike Derby near Park City, Utah. Temperature fell to -25*F overnight. Almost everybody was prepped well except for a couple scouts that brought scooby doo sleeping bags supplemented by blankets. They insisted they'd be ok. I checked on them a couple times that night. The slumber party bags and blankets weren't enough and they finally admitted they were very cold. I gave up my pair of goose down bags,( one fit inside the other) which they slipped inside the own. They slept well while I stood at the campfire the rest of the night.

I think you'll be fine SkiWhiz as long as you're not sleeping outside. Being out West, I appreciate the snow in the winter so I have water in the summer. It's not bad for skiing and snowmobiling either. thumbs down

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.