Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Se Pro finds diamond ring

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Se Pro finds diamond ring
July 31, 2013 03:53AM
My hunting companion and I were sweeping an old park in Indianapolis yesterday and he came across a very iffy signal with his Explorer SE Pro using his 11 inch pro coil. He called me over to try my Explorer SE pro with my 8X6 SEF coil. I swung over it and got a penny sound but it was off by a little. My smart screen was jumping around from a ring signal to a penny signal but the sound was steady like a penny tone. My buddy started to walk away And I said are you going to dig it? He said no so I did. Out popped a diamond ring followed by a memorial penny. This is my first diamond in dirt. I have found lots of silver and a few golds in the past but no diamonds What a happy surprise. The center diamond was an oval shape surrounded by small diamonds. Good luck to you all.
Re: Se Pro finds diamond ring
July 31, 2013 04:17AM
Aaaahh man...did you at least give him the penny? Nice bud, bet your friend digs a little more now.
July 31, 2013 04:40AM
I offered him the ring but he refused it. This guy is a true friend.
July 31, 2013 12:15PM
Thanks for sharing Coinseeker , read about that story playing out couple different times, i've dug a couple (honkers) that made my heart skip a beat but come to find out their fake! You are a true friend also for offering it back up to your friend! HH
July 31, 2013 02:16PM
Unfortunately most gold rings come in all over the meter due to size and whats mixed with gold to maintain durability. Fortunately most gold rings are walked over by the average detectorist and most parks have lost gold rings due to the activities of the park goers...which require hand movements and such and are there for the taking as unlike silver coins and even clad are for the most part already taken by the average detectorist.
In other words those that investigate and dig the iffy or odd signals and concentrate on them do find gold rings.
Certainly water or beach hunting increases our chances for gold jewelry but local parks do contain lost gold rings but due to the junk that imitates them certainly are tough to find but again congragulations on a nice find and wonder how many guys walked over that one...
July 31, 2013 10:23PM
Makes you wonder about all of the previous “iffy” signals that you’ve passed by.

Congrats on your diamond ring find.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
August 01, 2013 03:08AM
Congrats ,,,!!! If He walks away it's your's that's the rules..

Sad but true I have had people do the same get a hit say nah you dig it and it turns out good...LOL!!

But alwasy offer it back to them to stay on their good side!Well unless its a Confederate Button....

Good for you

Keith