Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Fisher CZ6A-Pro.. Should have pics this weekend.

Posted by treasurehunter747 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Fisher CZ6A-Pro.. Should have pics this weekend.
December 30, 2017 05:47PM
Hey Folks,
I should have some pics of my CZ6A Pro hopefully by Sunday as we are in the process of moving and packing takes most of the time. This is the one I mentioned previously as I was curious of your thoughts on the changes. When activated the expanded iron mode allows you to manually adjust how much iron is accepted or rejected. This feature takes the CZ a big step forward when detecting in iron laden sites. The iron silencer mode is something i really like as it allows you to run zero discrimination if you like but you dont hear any of the iron audio responses. Iron will still register on the meter but its quiet in your headphones. The choice of 3 audio responses option was something i added because there have been times when at certain sites i would prefer just 2 tones low and high. You can choose between (2 tones- low and high) ( 4 tones low, mid tone, high mid tone and high tone) or 8 tones. The 8 tone option allows for much better differentiation of targets. The ground balance is now a 3 and 3/4 turn for a very precise ground balance if desired. The meter light and backlit controls are toggle controlled and those were added if one needs to hunt at dark. A quick flip of the backlit toggle and the user can see where their controls are set and adjust if needed. The meter light is nice to have if one would like to look at the meter along with the audio for target identification. I have considered adding an LCD to show the 5khz and 15khz channels and the different output from each as well as a 0-100 VDI but time havent had time to do that. With use and observation i think that reading the output from both channels would help in identifying deep iron that can sometimes hit as a high tone and save unnecessary digging. Sorry to ramble... just let me know what you folks think after i get the pics up. Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks here on the site and hope your new year brings happiness and bountiful diggings of rings and silver coins...
TH
Re: My Fisher CZ6A-Pro.. Should have pics this weekend.
December 30, 2017 06:06PM
One thing i found out about the CZ was this..... Looking at the front it looks like there should be some extra room on the back of the faceplate.... WRONG... With a double board and the location of the controls, space is tighter than Dicks hatband....
TH
December 31, 2017 12:15AM
I look forward to seeing.
December 31, 2017 04:40PM
Can't wait to see those pics.
December 31, 2017 06:32PM
Can you put a continuously functioning depth meter on this thing? I don't want to pinpoint in order to read depth.