Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hot sniper coils!

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hot sniper coils!
December 31, 2017 03:22PM
I've never been a fan of smaller coils, everyone i tried always seemed to lack depth in my soil, until now.
I've been running a Mars Sniper coil and it's very good, way better than i was expecting. I was on milder soil yesterday and was digging small items at decent depths. In comparison it hits a 6"-7" hammered penny every bit as good as my Deus did with 11" coil, very impressed.
Here's a short air test using the sniper coil running flat out, so it's chirping a bit, but 15" on a nickel is no slouch!

[youtu.be]
Re: Hot sniper coils!
December 31, 2017 04:03PM
They are great coils! IDK that I'd call them snipers like they do. More a medium size.
December 31, 2017 04:29PM
There a perfect size for myself, a good mix of ground coverage, and still able to separate well.
I liked the videos you done on them with the 705 Craig, especially the 18khz coil.
December 31, 2017 09:15PM
deepest coils per size I've tested regardless of machine. They REALLY enhance depth on the xterra
January 01, 2018 10:30AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> deepest coils per size I've tested regardless of m
> achine. They REALLY enhance depth on the xterra

The dual freq Sniper is the reason I am keeping the X-Terra 705 in my stable at least until it can be tested against the NOX. The 18.75 freq is deep and the TID locks on Nickels. Ring pulls and beaver tail pieces give a widely bouncing TID but not older nickels, they tend to lock or only bounce by one number. No ML coil can do this.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
January 03, 2018 10:20AM
Coil 6 "14 KHz.
A coin of 50 kopecks (ru) till 2006 of release, the Brass, diameter of 19 mm, a thickness of 1 mm.
In light soil at a depth of 43 cm (17 inch).

[youtu.be]
January 03, 2018 12:56PM
The video below is the same 6" coil air tested by Mikron the European dealer, gives about 15" on a similar size coin, i'd probably get it at 9"-10" max on a good day in my soil with the 10x6 coil.

[youtu.be]

I can't see any situation where i'd get the results you did, no matter the size of coil i used on my Signum.

vfp7 Wrote:
> Coil 6 "14 KHz.
> A coin of 50 kopecks (ru) till 2006 of release, th
> e Brass, diameter of 19 mm, a thickness of 1 mm.
> In light soil at a depth of 43 cm (17 inch).
>
> [youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 12:58PM by ghound.
January 03, 2018 03:09PM
signum MFD + firmware 2.06 + upgrade from Asgo + displacement of the Ground Balance in the negative (about two degrees) = ...
(Settings NOT factory!)
January 03, 2018 03:27PM
I've read some about Asgo's modifications for the MFD, but there's very little info or videos in English to understand what the modifications are, especially around the SAT settings, as the standard MFD has no threshold, so i don't understand this part?

I can't use all the power the Signum has in my soil, i don't know if the mods would be of any benefit to myself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 03:31PM by ghound.
January 03, 2018 05:31PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> deepest coils per size I've tested regardless of m
> achine. They REALLY enhance depth on the xterra

Makes me feel good hearing that.----I've got a couple of those coils for the Fors CoRe.
January 03, 2018 06:35PM
With the firmware upgrade and/or Signum upgrade I would recommend not to rush.
About the autumn of 18th year or a little later serious changes are expected.
But it also does not exclude the possibility of a new detector, like "mark 2" ...

original (ru):
[www.reviewdetector.ru]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 06:44PM by vfp7.
January 03, 2018 07:00PM
Thanks for the info Vfp7, Igor said there might be an update for the Signum.

vfp7 Wrote:
> With the firmware upgrade and/or Signum upgrade I
> would recommend not to rush.
> About the autumn of 18th year or a little later se
> rious changes are expected.
> But it also does not exclude the possibility of a
> new detector, like "mark 2" ...
>
> original (ru):
> [www.reviewdetector.ru]
> 693932&st=5580