Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Do I want another Deus??? (UPDATED w/ pic...8/22/13)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Do I want another Deus??? (UPDATED w/ pic...8/22/13)
August 21, 2013 04:07PM
Guys, and ladies, (if there any present)....Do I want another Deus???? Should I get another Deus????This will be with WS-5 headphones and the price is right. Although I am a man of Faith and am not a believer in superstition, but rather, in God.......(that is MY belief, MY opinion,...and if yours differ....we can still be forum friends.....no problem). But guys and ladies.....I don't know what to do!!! Is Version 3 REALLY that much better??? Andy Sabisch sent me a copy of his new Deus manual as promised for my contribution. Seen here:

See.....I have the new manual. Now......should I spend almost 1800 bux for a new Deus??? This would make my third. Is the third time REALLy a charm??? Will I find a cache of $20 Gold Pieces in an old wooden box and the wood has rotted away but the square nails that held it together remain???
PLEASE!!!!!! Is there anyone with any sense out there??????? (lol....kidding) Should I just get an AT Pro with both coils (it would be my fifth) and be done with it and go to Schenectady for a 'get away' weekend??? I need the wisdom and the understanding of someone with alot more wisdom than me!!!! I have terrible OCD. I am fixated and if someone doesn't reel me in quickly I will hit the BUY NOW button on that new Deus...after all.......the Fall is almost here and the vegetation will be bit back exposing more ground and the temperatures and overall ambiance of the outdoors will be thrice what it has been!!!!! With THAT in mind......how bout it?? New Deus??? No??? AT Pro??? No???...Yes??? Continue waiting for first Texas???? No???? Pointless??? But I like Fisher and Tek products. But remember....I am OCD. Once I set my mind......shipping departments jump into action. Pull orders. Create UPS labels. Send me tracking numbers. And I check the tracking number every three hours hoping that forward movement prevails. Something tells me that I better grow a thick skin and QUICKLY. But go ahead.......LET ME HAVE IT with all ya got!!!!! I can take it. (Hope y'all have a sense of humour today)...........me crawling back under rock.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 06:02PM by Kevin B.
Re: Do I want another Deus???
August 21, 2013 04:57PM
LOL Kevin...you sound like me. The AT Pro which you know how to use is a fine machine. I traded my AT Pro for a Minelab X-terra 705 again. This will be my second 705 and it performs better for me for the type of hunting I do then the AT Pro. The minelab really punches through the soil. And Minelab has the free pro find pinpointer promotion going on. If one is smart you can get a brand new in the box 705 for less then $450. The Deus is expensive, but remember you only live once and its good to treat yourself to nice detectors!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 04:59PM by Hungarian.
August 21, 2013 05:13PM
Hungarian.......your a good man. Know why I know that??? Because you have humility and that is the quality of a REAL man!!!! The HE MAN " I can whoop you if yo smart off to me!" mentality betrays a man who is frightened. Your not like that Hungarian. I gravitate towards people like you who can laugh at themselves and their ......shortcomings? If buying detectors is a shortcoming. Thanks for your post. It made me feel good. I may go with an AT Pro. Two coils. If I can't find it with that!!!! Hit don't need findin!!!! And ya know....alot of that cash on those high end jobs is just spare cash.....profits. And that's okay too. If they can do it.....they can have at it. But I have found ALOT of stuff with my AT Pro's....especially the ones after the first one.....(it was depth challenged)....lol You have yourself a great day Hungarian!!!!! You deserve it.
August 21, 2013 06:30PM
I don't care what you get Kevin...I'm just glad your back, your post inject energy into the forum. Now ill kick back and read your exploits! Ray
August 21, 2013 06:48PM
Ha Ha Ha LoL ! You're a trip man, no, you're a journey..... Glad you're back Kevin....

Have you had a GMP yet?
August 21, 2013 06:52PM
No I've not had a GMP. Is that 18 khz?? I always kinda wanted one but there hard to get. I don't know WHY XP doesn't cross whatever bridges they must cross to make them USA-correct!!!! It would be nice to have a lower cost XP machine that hunts the little brass among the iron clad sod!!
August 21, 2013 07:19PM
By the way....I appreciate those welcome and wonderful words!!!!! I have been sober over 8 years. before then.....I was NOT welcome ANYWHERE!!!! I was a loud and mouthy drunk who always had to have the center of attention. I suppose that I still struggle with some of those character defects today. That is why I like to be around good humble men and women who have a clear view of who they are.
(I am eating a plate of boiled okra out of my garden right now!)....sorry..what were we talkin about?? Oh yeah.....
Even after I got sober and started trying to go to church and LOOK like a man of Faith....I was fooling NO ONE!!!! I was a hypocrite!!! I would get up and give my testimony at church and people would say: "OH that was such an inspiring speech!" "You should be a preacher!" etc etc etc.... ad infinitum
But I was still the same ol selfish and self centered me. I could tell because I was eating those comments up and I was secretly agreeing with them. Oh how dark it is before the day!!!!! When I finally got honest about myself....my selfish motives.....my desire for praise from fellow humans. It was a devastating blow to my pride.
But then...and ONLY then.....that God could begin to mould me and shape me and prepare me for eternity. BUT HEY!!!!! I DIGRESS!!!!! RIGHT????
Okay.......and AT Pro with both coils it is!!!!!! Found a good price for a brand new one!!!!!! Besides....I promised my copy of the Deus Handbook to my friend and brother Bill S. (wjs). I told him that I would mail it to him today. And THAT is what I shall do!!!!!! That is what formed my decision. Besides. I still do not have enough hunting places to justify such a nice machine as the De----oose.........even with those nice WS-5 wireless headphones and Version 3...............WAIT!!!! There I go again and y'all just caught me!!! Just about to change my mind in mid sentence. No....I will STICK to what I promised and REFUSE to let my lack of self control dictate my life and cause me to make a decision to renege on a man who is my friend. PERIOD!!!!! That's the end of it!!!! (still musing to myself here......don't nobodies' hackles go getting raised and wanna hop on a plane a come down and pummel me.) Pummel!...lol Funny word. (no....I'm not high.....I'm just filled with the happiness of knowing that I will live forever.) But it's not for a privileged few!!! Whosoever will............... Love you guys/ladies. Been missing y'all. I am ready to throw up some pics of some fresh finds and feel those pats on the backs and attaboys!!!! Hey...I'm STILL a human being. And I'm stuck down here (well, that's a bit disrespectful since I am homebound while caring for my beloved mother during her endstage Alzheimers) I gave her my word that she would not spend her last days in a community setting......that she would spend her last days at the house...er....home.....that her and my now deceased father built in 1965. (found two wheat pennies here.....lol.....still a detectorists somewhere in here......pointing at my chest) Okay....bye. Peace. Happy INTELLIGENT detecting!!!!! As my friend and mentor, Tom D would say. (Tom....light a fire under First Texas's hiney...)
August 21, 2013 07:24PM
Hey, sincere congratulations on the sobriety. I can relate, quit drinkin and druggin in 1990.
August 21, 2013 07:40PM
Kevin, thanks for the kind words. I hope when you get your detector you tell of of your exploits with it, I always like to read them.

I once had many guns and many detectors. Those were my two hobbies. I would like the excitement of buying something new, even though I would have to sell something to get it. I don't know if I am crazy or was just missing something in my life and trying to fill the gap. But recently I figured that over the last 10 years I have wasted close to $5000 dollars losing money when I would buy new guns then sell them or buy new detectors and try them out for awhile and sell them for no good reason. I guess a fool (me) and his money is soon parted. I now own one gun and one detector. I plan on keeping it that way but man...it is going to be a very hard struggle. I hope for my sake I can do it, because my wife is close to bashing me over the head with a cast iron frying pan.
August 21, 2013 08:23PM
I would let Tom and Keith give their opinion on the upgrade first. If its just a upgrade.

It may well be a very different software then the older versions and do things very differently.

Seems so when you read english forums. Some like it and some chose to use the older version.
August 21, 2013 08:51PM
For what it's worth...I just picked up a used AT Pro with stock coil and 5x8 coil. I think it's going to be everything I would need a detector for. I get out so little that I really don't need a high dollar machine. As a matter of fact, me and a couple of buddies went today and covered about 100 miles round trip, and got to hunt just one place of the spots we tried. I have been out of the loop so long that I haven't kept an eye on any of the fields we use to hunt...so I had no idea what they had in them or did not have in them, etc. Long story short...we spent most of our time driving and very little time hunting. We pulled the machines out at one site that the weeds were knee high...and then the rains came again. I got one arrowhead and a "chewed" bullet. I'm glad I did have the AT Pro though...it was in the back of the truck when we drove through a thunderstorm.

August 21, 2013 09:11PM
Nice finds!
August 21, 2013 09:49PM
"For what it's worth...I just picked up a used AT Pro with stock coil and 5x8 coil. I think it's going to be everything I would need a detector for."
These are my thoughts exactly.

I have owned the Deus twice. So I pretty much know all about it. However I never operated one with the new update. But I have read much about it.

Here is my feeleings on the Deus. A great detector. In the iron it is one of the best. But the upgrade is no reason to purchase another one. If you are looking for a Beefed UP Super Deus I think you will find that a few things have indeed changed and some not as good as advertised.
August 21, 2013 11:24PM
WOW Daniel!!!! What is that arrowhead made of???? Around here, ours are made of Horse Creek chirt, (rainbows of color in it) and Dover flint (kind of dark gray and mottled). But YOURS is of a material that is awesome looking!!! You know...I was floating the Buffalo back in the 80's ....I was all Budweisered up and had smoked a three or four of them left handers, and we stopped the canoe's to relieve ourselves. I walked up into a plowed field. I looked down and there was the front half of a JET BLACK....arrowhead......Mississippian era I think though I have forgotten my Indian relic vernacular. Congrats on a great find Daniel.
Ya know...that seals it. AT Pro it is. I have found a brand new one plus a small coil at a good price. I see Nuggetnoggin using his all the time. He doesn't reply to my questions even though I LIKE and comment on many of his vids. We WERE Facebook friends but when I found that golc coin and was so proud and was showing it off....and I thought that SURELY nuggetnoggin will comment on it. I mean....I was a fan of his...still am I reckon. Everytime he posted finds on Facebook I would post and say "Congrats...great find....blah blah blah". But I showed him my Martingale, gold coin......in a private message!!!....and no response. I figured then that stardom had done wrapped it's ugly test....tentacles around him. Oh well////his vids still get me fired up. I guess I must admit that I am AT LEAST a little immature and still want EVERYBODY to like me. That's why I freak out so bad when someone slams me. It hurts. I was CURSED with a very sensitive nature.
Anyway Daniel....enuff of my drivel.......you did VERY WELL just to have hunted one spot!!! Good deal. I went down to Corinth MS Sunday between services, a buddy and me, and we hunted some dirt that a dump truck had brought to the car lot my friend works at. The dump truck driver said that the dozer operator, over where they were digging the dirt (and making a roadbed) had already found a Confed. canteen!!! Some kind of odd buckle (starfish??).....I can't recall. But as fall approaches I will have some good woods to hunt hwere I will want the 11 inch coil on that AT Pro!!! I tell ya...in those situations......if one digs iron grunts and everything ( DEEEEP bullets and buttons will report as an iron grunt) he will find some goodies. Ya know....it seems that the vast majority of detectors have similar depth (besides the Blisstool and PI units) but as they get deeper they start grunting the iron grunt instead of the mid tone. Crap......here I am writing a freakin manual when I should have said what I was feeling: Great finds Daniel!!!!!!!! Guys I'll try to cut back on the wordy stuff. Forgive me for that. I am bursting with a need for communication I reckon. Bear with me Please?.
"Faith....expressing itself through love".......Kevin Blankenship
August 22, 2013 02:07AM
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin's back....

I enjoy the reads Kevin!

And dont worry about Nugget Noggin I have seen his videos...He has a fun time...But he's just a young'un...

Don't worry though I am very envious of your gold dollar and your Martingale is a top shelf piece dont let no one tell you different...If they do Well you Know...

Honestly Kevin the AT with small coil in iron is alot of bang for the buck....anything it wont find compared to the DEUS would be in the form of alot of exploratory digging...
Garrett really Hit a homerun with the AT series...and the DD BT coils are World class...
I like the abiltiy to manipulate the ground bal for more depth in funky dirt yet still remain stable/huntable/intelligable....

I watch some of the hunters in Australia because I like to see what they dig in the bad dirt and the AT-PRO seems to be the go to machine in that soil...actions speak louder than words does it not...

I still say if all I could have was a AT-PRO I would not feel outgunned on any hunt except extreme depth sites...

I still want to hunt with you sometime Kevin...It would be a fun time!

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 02:09AM by Keith Southern.
August 22, 2013 02:19AM
Kevin, like everyone else.... enjoy seeing and reading your post.. I have read several people who have been around Nugget noggin and they say they tolerate him. he is kinda full of his self.

My opinion is the stick with the AT Pro or At gold. spend that extra money on gas to go out hunting. The Deus is a great machine but the software updates will never give it the depth that it needs.
I think it was designed for plowed fields in the UK, where targets are pulled to the top and the soil is bad.

Tom in SC
August 22, 2013 02:21AM
Great to hear you on the road to recovey. I was on the fence about the Deus then I PM Keith from this forum and am going to stick with my new AT Gold pro. If you go on you tube and search for Bill Ladd who is a bit too much for me but a real good hunter he used or uses the At Gold and it really does really well on and in iron. But getting back to Keith he makes sence and so does NASA TOM. They both agree that the AT gold is a great machine for relic hunting. It has a different tones and mixes the iron in. You just have to get what ever machine you like and learn it. But the deus is way too much money and is not as deep as I would like and ID suffers after about six inches. I would also see what the new Garrett is going look like coming in Fall and of course I would think Fisher and Tek will have to do something killer for us to come back to them. I read about the blisstol and the GMP and so on and I'm going to learn the At gold when I can start detecting again and see what it can do next to my Gold bug..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 03:18PM by Lawrenzo.
August 22, 2013 02:39AM
Kevin -- The point is made of white quartz. It is very common to this area and I guess they just used what was readily available. We have a mixed bag of them that we find...grey, red, and black flint, but I have several that are white quartz.

Regarding Nugget...you just have to remember he is just a kid...and a very spoiled one at that. He hasn't had to work a day of his life. It shows through his personality. I've met him at a few of the DIV hunts, and if he didn't have somebody to latch onto, he wouldn't find hardly anything. He has the enthusiasm and resources to go hunting all the time. Since he don't work or have school, and has a silver spoon in his mouth, he can hunt 7 days a week all over the U.S. With that said, I use to watch his hunts. Now I have a few more interesting and down to earth folks that I watch. So all that to say...your gold coin, those seated coins, and especially that martingale were all grade AAA+ dream finds for me!! Great stuff in any real relic or coin hunter's book.
August 22, 2013 10:45AM
Kevin,

If only you could get your hands on a XP GMP (yes, they are 18-Khz). Otherwise; AT-Pro is a exceptionally good bang-for-the-buck in carpets of nails unit.
August 22, 2013 02:49PM
Thanks for the reply Daniel. Yes, that is something that I definitely need to factor in (nugget;s situation). I never really thought of it that way, but I see what ya mean. Alot of a person's personality simply doesn't bleed through the internet cables so that a person can make an intelligent assessment......please....NOT that I have made NN any kind of 'study'. But your informed reply gives me insight. He simply needs prayed for AND ALOT.....lol. It's difficult to befriend a person who thinks that the universe was made for him alone and that everyone is waiting with bated breath for his next vid. Yes, I too, have found some better Youtube vidders. Our own Bill S. (wjs) makes some very very good vids and you can just hear in his vids that he would be a man that one would enjoy spending the day detecting with. I watched Deep Digger Dan for the first time yesterday (he has a thick Irish or Scottish brogue) and he uses it hilariously!!! I was in tears!!! He was using an AT Pro....large coil......and found two Rrrrrrrrrroman Coins. And a bootoon (button). Man...check him out. He's serious about his hunting. But he adds some very informative stuff. And it's not all about HIM HIM HIM.
I have watched all of YOUR vids. All of them. I was inspired by, informed by, and motivated by....your vids. I came away knowing more. And even passed the mind and into the spiritual. So........thanks for that. I have put togther two or three vids with the help of wjs and I know how much work (of a sort) that they can be to edit and put togther. And mine are very simply done. I don't have any good digging vids though. They were experimental.
Tom D.!!!!! Yes.....I have wanted one of those XP units you have mentioned. More than I have made known on here or anywhere because i have written them off as too hard to find. But my XP Deus..es (had two).....did indeed unlock old worn out sites and make them like new again. For real!!! That Martingale was found (in the ground edge-ways) behind my father's office/clinic in a spot that I had pounded with ALL of my other units. In fact......it was one of the first places that I had permission to hunt (someone else owns it now since my father passed in 1999). The present owner is considering moving the old house (built in 1900, and there was a house there before it....red bricks and square nails cover the entire yard....even an old coal pit). But he told me that when he moves it (after getting a city permit) that he will call me to come run my detector over the bared ground left by the old house. I cannot wait.
I am going to spend the next week or two knocking on doors. Talking with folks. Showing them a few finds. Anything to get my foot (and unit, and shovel, and me) in the door (the yard). That is an aspect of detecting that is dreadfully necessary but also dreadfully nerve wracking. I mean....one would think that hearing the word: NO! would toughen one's constitution up to the point of not being bothered by it. Not so with me. It still stings. Probably my pride. It NEEDS stung. Over and over until it's reduced to a more humble state.
I want everyone on this forum to have an awesome rest of the week....and weekend. My new unit hasn't made it hear and won't for a few days. But I still have the trusty F5 that I am borrowing (the owner simply doesn't want it back at his house!!! That....or he just wants me to enjoy it....even though it's his!!!! I sold it to him for 300 bux...bought it back......a week later sold it to him again....lol....for $275.....and then borrowed it back......but him and me.....we're just like that. We're friends. He's a recluse and doesn't want to leave the house and will NEVER use the unit. (I need to go visit him today). Bye Bye!!!!! Thanks for the replies. I like to visit here ....it's like going to the country store where several guys are hanging out. Grape a Nehi grape.....a Three Musketeers bar......and chew the fat about detecting and so forth. A man can tailor this internet thing into a proper tool if'n he's a mind to.
Re: Do I want another Deus??? (updated)
August 22, 2013 06:00PM
Here is is guys!!!! This unit belonged to me. It was purchased and sit in a closet ( I had masking tape around the cable in two spots.....no weathering). I gave $300 for the AT Pro.....with 11 in and the 8 inch DD coil. FINALLY...I DID GOOD!!!!....and didn't 'pay through the nose'. This unit is a hot one!!! (not 'stolen' hot...but 'deep' hot). I remember this particular unit well. This is one of the four that I have had. This was purchased before my very last one was purchased. Me happy!! I still have my Kodak Playsport and my mounting system like 'wjs' uses in his vids. Maybe I can start making some vids. I wish that it wasn't so hot-feeling outside today. Anyway, I wanted to share my good news. This detector was SO glad to see me, and it missed me SO much, that it turned on by itself (same batteries it had when I sold it by the way....still full bars on the battery strength readout....that it turned on by itself and purred like a cat when I stroked it. I said: "Now there's a good lad." lol...... I am going detecting this afternoon in a yard of a house that was built in 1922!!!! Silver??? Maybe. Buffalo nickels??? Maybe, again. Gold ring...???!!! MAYBEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Re: Do I want another Deus??? (updated)
August 22, 2013 06:44PM
Kevin B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is is guys!!!! This unit belonged to me. It
> was purchased and sit in a closet ( I had masking
> tape around the cable in two spots.....no
> weathering). I gave $300 for the AT Pro.....with
> 11 in and the 8 inch DD coil. FINALLY...I DID
> GOOD!!!!....and didn't 'pay through the nose'.
> This unit is a hot one!!! (not 'stolen' hot...but
> 'deep' hot). I remember this particular unit
> well. This is one of the four that I have had.
> This was purchased before my very last one was
> purchased. Me happy!! I still have my Kodak
> Playsport and my mounting system like 'wjs' uses
> in his vids. Maybe I can start making some vids. I
> wish that it wasn't so hot-feeling outside today.
> Anyway, I wanted to share my good news. This
> detector was SO glad to see me, and it missed me
> SO much, that it turned on by itself (same
> batteries it had when I sold it by the
> way....still full bars on the battery strength
> readout....that it turned on by itself and purred
> like a cat when I stroked it. I said: "Now
> there's a good lad." lol...... I am going
> detecting this afternoon in a yard of a house that
> was built in 1922!!!! Silver??? Maybe. Buffalo
> nickels??? Maybe, again. Gold ring...???!!!
> MAYBEEEEEEEEE!!!!
> [i89.photobucket.com]
> 100_0250_zps3106666c.jpg

Glad to hear you got that one back Kevin & you did indeed get a GREAT buy on it.----The reason it turned itself on is because it wants to get out there & get to finding the good stuff! ha ha-----Let us know how you do with it.
Re: Do I want another Deus??? (UPDATED w/ pic...8/22/13)
August 22, 2013 11:48PM
I will. I am finishing uo the yard. I'll have time for about an hour's worth today....hopefully.
August 23, 2013 02:11AM
Deep Digger Dan is hilarious - I've watched his vids for months and months ---- he went from Germany (Berlin) where he lived with his girlfriend of yrs to moving/living in Frankfort with her and then they broke up and he went on a drinking binge and then moved back to his homeland of England - if you watch all of his vids in succession - you'll see him at his best and his worst and then come full circle again - he's a no BS kind of guy but funny as hell at the same time!

He isn't very experienced with detectors "per se" as he's only been detecting not even 2 yrs I believe but he's found some cool stuff - he went from an ace 250 as his 1st machine to an AT Pro and now he's getting a ML E-Trac that should be delivered to him this week if it hasn't already arrived.

He's in for a surprise when he turns that E-Trac on and it speaks a whole different language than that 250 and AT Pro he's used to! I'm sure he'll have a few choice words in his vids about it/while using it!
August 23, 2013 03:19AM
I just tried watching a deep digger dan video...sorry, couldn't make it past the intro...reminded me of those digger "nectar!" Dudes.
August 23, 2013 04:48AM
deathray Wrote:
> I just tried watching a deep digger dan
> video...sorry, couldn't make it past the
> intro...reminded me of those digger "nectar!"
> Dudes.

Wow, I never took that from it. But then, each person looks at stuff through his eyes. Those "nectar" and "joos" and "roundness" fellers, I can tolerate them alot better than I can Ric Savage abd his trademark saying: BOOOOOOOOOOOM BAAABBY!!!!!! once in each episode. It's as if the directors are telling him.."Now we have got to have at least one major find in each episode and then, when you act like you find it.....let er rip with that Boom Baby thing!...okay? Now....all quiet on the set AND ......ACTION!"
I just saw Deep Digger Dan one time and that fellow actually had a quiz (he gave about 10 historical facts about his hometown......one of which was false and the kid who found the false fact....wins a video recorder or something) for kids. It's pretty neat and he seems to have a great heart. I enjoyed the rest of the video as much or more than the actual detecting. Happy Hunting!!!
wjs
August 23, 2013 01:02PM
Glad to see you got your detector back Kevin. If you sell it can I have first shot at it....Lol. Just kidding. Thanks for sending the Deus book. Don't worry I will send it back to you. I will just read through it and see if I can gain any knowledge from it. Its yours.........

I have used the Deus with the v2.0 and 3.1. I have been going back and forth between the two. I thought v2 had better audio and seemed like it hit targets in iron better but who knows. On my latest trips out with 3.1 I did pull some coins with trash and iron in the hole too. You are not that far from me. Maybe I will come down and you can take me to some of your secret spots......;o)
August 23, 2013 05:49PM
wjs Wrote:
You are not that
> far from me. Maybe I will come down and you can
> take me to some of your secret spots......;o)

Or Vice Versa!!! LOL!!!!!