Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Minelab Go-Find model series detectors available soon it seems.

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Minelab Go-Find model series detectors available soon it seems.
January 01, 2018 11:01PM
I can't find any data on manufacturers site.
But some dealers have at least some of these new models listed.

[www.detectorprospector.com]
Re: New Minelab Go-Find model series detectors available soon it seems.
January 01, 2018 11:42PM
It's most probable that Minelab is sitting on a mountain of parts from the Go Find disaster , have found a minor and cheap software "update" , and is trying to salvage some capital with an inexpensive merchandising campaign.
January 02, 2018 12:01AM
You are so critical - and probably right!

It didn’t go according to plan. Their idea was that Cabelas, Big 5, Dicks, WalMart, etc. - would have aisles and online sites - full of them. Pretty much didn’t happen.

No company hits a home run every time. Maybe the Equinox will make up for all that.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 03, 2018 12:49AM
Wonder why the firsr Go-Find was a flip flop?

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
January 03, 2018 02:09AM
Go-Flop ???

Thank God for the Go-Finds - Had all manner of kids detectors in trying to get my daughter into the hobby -

It wasn't until she got hold of one of these that she is now enjoying the hobby -\

Now they might not be the ducks nuts for all you important metal detectorists out there, that's why there are grown up units such as the MXS for you serious hobbyists. You know, big bucks and a reputable brand = you cant go wrong -

As for the 'Go Flops' they are doing exactly what they were design to do - Pull the young ones into the hobby.

I see a lot of experienced hunters have rubbished the hell out of this particular model throughout different threads - Please remind us all again of what makes the Go-Find such a flop?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 03, 2018 06:55AM
I do not understand why so many veteran detectorists get so worked up about Go-Finds. That's like someone who owns a Corvette getting worked up about the new Chevy Malibu, or someone who plays a $1500 guitar getting angry about a starter guitar from Walmart. Seriously, why does the Go-Find generate so much negativity among people swinging detectors that cost 5x as much!?
January 03, 2018 03:29PM
.....eh......why not begin with the target reaction?????? a goodly second or two AFTER passing OVER targets!!!

......a square coil.......why??? Mono at that,,,,,,,,,

.......,build...... I was actually afraid of it... afraid of opening it, afraid of closing it, afraid of dropping it....

That enough reasons for you????

And I will add this Caveat.

I handed over the why a starter model was required, named a 'future' Product, and supplied exact specifications and drawings.

They finally 'saw the light' after I had departed from the company.
Had I still been employed it would not have been 'a flop!' I wouldn't have allowed it to happen.
All 'yes men' brought it out"

Des D
January 03, 2018 03:41PM
Well,
I can't really give unbiased opinion of Go Find any model.
Why

Because I have used other higher quality detectors or maybe better stated more expensive detectors.

So folks should remember here when talking, not all folks have done what I and many others have done here.

Intro model detectors do have their "place " in the market/industry.

I did give away a Go Find model here on this forum I received I reckon as a bonus or Bogo model.
Thought it was the right thing to do vs the thingy just sitting around performing doorstop duty.
January 03, 2018 05:22PM
Another Go Flop is like a new Ford Pinto.....is one tank explosion not enough.smiling smiley