Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My god man.. Lost in the jungle of wires

Posted by treasurehunter747 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My god man.. Lost in the jungle of wires
January 05, 2018 02:52AM
Hello Folks,
Just about to the finish line.. A few more wires to add then clip and clean up this jumble. My wife told me today it was amazing that i can wire these things up and they work but i cant remember a simple grocery list.. Hope to have a finish date of Friday then check each new feature out then a video and hopefully sell it. I did see a good sign in that in San Angelo this coming week temps are in the high 50 to low 60s while its brass monkey balls froze here in North Carolina. There winter temps are about 20 to 25 degrees warmer on average than where we live now so that is great...Anyway hope all of you stay warm and to those who cant wait and go detecting in the cold temps I tip my hat of cojones to you..
TH

Re: My god man.. Lost in the jungle of wires
January 05, 2018 06:49AM
How about adding a meter? We've discussed it here before, and it could be implemented exactly as the ohm meter TID conversion was on the Sovereign, just need to calibrate it to something meaningful.

Look at all those 70's - 80's old school components, lots of capacitors, all the pots, and the wire, what could possibly go wrong - spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 05, 2018 08:38AM
I would recommend multi-stranded wire rather than solid single-core for your additions.
( Maybe add a few wires that do nothing, and a couple of wierd components with just one wire connected, to obfuscate your work, like certain 'long range' machines ..)
And take some pics and make technical notes, you may find you get asked to create more of these.
January 05, 2018 02:01PM
TH, I don't know about you, but i cannot remember the last time my wife even gave me a "simple" grocery list.

"20 ounces of kidney beans...i know they come in 16 ounce cans....and not the really big ones...the more medium ones...but not too small, either, and the whole wheat bread...please don't get the one we don't like...cant remember its name, but its the one in the yellow plastic...get the one that is the store brand, not the other generic....blah blah blah...all scribbled on a 3x3 post it note.
January 05, 2018 02:15PM
Rod-PA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TH, I don't know about you, but i cannot remember
> the last time my wife even gave me a "simple" groc
> ery list.
>
> "20 ounces of kidney beans...i know they come in 1
> 6 ounce cans....and not the really big ones...the
> more medium ones...but not too small, either, and
> the whole wheat bread...please don't get the one w
> e don't like...cant remember its name, but its the
> one in the yellow plastic...get the one that is th
> e store brand, not the other generic....blah blah
> blah...all scribbled on a 3x3 post it note.

Lol....I just went though that this week....she now has me take pictures of what it is she wants smiling smiley I still forgot 1 item!!
January 05, 2018 02:53PM
Pimento I normally do use stranded wire however that is in the stack of boxes for our Texas move. This was kind of a spur of the moment decision to do and all I had on hand was a roll of 24 gauge. And on the grocery list my wife has resorted to sending me a text with everything needed. I can work with that. Cal Cobra after we get moved I will be looking to get another CZ and adding not only the vdi you mention but also a dual channel monitor which will give a reading for each channel 5khz and 15khz. The readings would be different but I think this would give the user a very useful amount of information. With the Arduino and other development boards there is still a little magic left that the CZ can give.
TH
January 05, 2018 08:19PM
Rod me thinks my wife and yours are relatives......
January 05, 2018 08:32PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Rod me thinks my wife and yours are relatives.....
> .

Well, same neck of the woods per se....could be.
January 05, 2018 09:29PM
What exactly is op doing? the only thing made sense was to freelance a few wiressmiling smiley
January 05, 2018 10:37PM
guvmore Wrote:
> What exactly is op doing? the only thing made sens
> e was to freelance a few wiressmiling smiley

This will answer your question.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
January 05, 2018 10:41PM
88junior Wrote: