Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

It was interesting when I looked at my swing with a full length mirror

Posted by woodchiphustler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
It was interesting when I looked at my swing with a full length mirror
January 05, 2018 11:36PM
It appears I now raise the coil to fast at the end of my swing. Maybe it's old age? Try this out to see how your swing is.
Re: It was interesting when I looked at my swing with a full length mirror
January 06, 2018 12:25AM
Nice to have a buddy watch each others swing really works for an optimum swing pattern...watching yourself in a mirror may or may not as you are aware...In the field under normal conditions is more productive to correct a problem...
January 06, 2018 01:00AM
It's the mirror Tex. I'm a lot better looking when I don't look in one
January 06, 2018 01:51AM
Glad you brought this up. That's why I almost always use my 8 inch coil on my CZ when beach hunting. I have the most control with that coil over the bigger ones. I find the bigger the coil, the more arc at the end of the swing and the coil is much higher off the ground.

Not to mention the fatigue factor after awhile which will always affect coil control.
January 06, 2018 02:16AM
Not sure I get the point....we all overlap swings so what you gonna miss if you overlap.

ooops forget what I SAID

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2018 02:41AM by guvmore.
January 06, 2018 02:57PM
Hey Guv.....loose depth and coverage...go to a planted hunt and you will see most not swinging correctly...
January 06, 2018 05:47PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Guv.....loose depth and coverage...go to a pla
> nted hunt and you will see most not swinging corre
> ctly...

yes agree
January 07, 2018 01:51AM
Looking at your “swing” in a full length mirror,eh? Well,that’s one way of admiring it..smiling bouncing smiley
January 08, 2018 02:33PM
And thats why we find stuff detecting behind someone else. I watched a guy a couple of weeks ago enjoying his detector. Coil was only on the ground right in front of his feet. Once past his feet it was in the heading toward the sky.

Did you ever see Andy's Xterra video where he's on the beach? Man, now that is coil control. Tom shows well too, of course but Andy really caught my eye due to his large sweeps, yet he still kept the coil flat.

HH
Mike