Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F4...long..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F4...long..
July 14, 2008 02:31PM
First and foremost these observations are in my neck of the woods and yours may differ and having used many units over the years reading the manual and a little experimenting was easy to setup. I only used the 8 inch concentric coil as it certainly fit my needs for local parks where supreme depth is not an issue and many coins are retrieved with a screwdriver.Gosh its light and easy to handle and controls are well situated for easy changes.
Running at 3/4 sens. I retrieved many coins including a 4- 5 inch nickel and 5-6 inch quarter and unit was not noisy
and display was quite accurate and numbers were not jumpy. Ground balance in auto tune was easy using the pumping method and the notch allowed me to notch out unwanted targets. Pinpointing was right on and depth was accurate. Certainly comparable to many midline units and better than most and certainly a good buy for the price
which includes a 5 year warranty. Downside on this unit when you turn it off and power it up you lose the previous settings but within minutes you should have it setup to your spec's. As the unit only has one facet for pulltabs you will find many roundtabs will come in as nickel. Remember read the small but concise manual and with a little practice should be able to setup at will depending on your experience in the hobby. I saved the best for last and like the idea once you press the pinpoint it stays on until you press disc. and it is a static mode not VCO and does have audio variances found in older Tesoro units where a gold ring because of its weight versus the junk that mimics them just holds a tone longer and after some more hours in the field am sure this will help me to cut down the odds relative digging gold rings versus trash which mimics gold rings. Perhaps someone who has used the larger DD coil could add some comments as I am sure it would add depth and coverage but for me the 8 inch concentric coil fits my needs for trashy new parks where supreme depth is not an issue and of course if in an older area where deep silver coins and the like are prevalent certainly would opt for my CZ3D. All in all a nice unit which has left the competition in the dust for midline units. I know I have missed something along the way and excuse the one paragraph as I am a Detectorist not a writer or English major...
Re: F4...long..
July 15, 2008 09:18PM
Dan,

You hit the nail in the head. For mid-priced units, the biggest concerns are:
1. Ease of use
2. Lightweight
3. Fun!

Now....... for the top-end units,,,,,,,, every finite detail..... including hair-splitting performance, are usually what's in demand/concern.

THANKS!!!!!........ for your F-4 report.

Tom