Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is up with all the MXT's being sold on Ebay ????

Posted by Michael296 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What is up with all the MXT's being sold on Ebay ????
January 09, 2018 02:16AM
I was looking to try one out for the first time and there were very few and at fairly high prices. BUY IT NOW prices, not auctions. Then tonight, A ton of them. I still hesitate because of no experience with them. Do they offer something that the T2 or RA 71 or AT series detectors don't or can't do ?? Yes, I am hesitant to pull the trigger on one of them. They could all be selling to buy the newest toy coming soon.
Any thoughts from viewers ?? ALL THOUGHTS WELCOME !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 03:00AM by Michael296.
Re: What is up with all the MXT;s being sold on Ebay ????
January 09, 2018 02:29AM
Never owned one,but odds could be the new kid on the block..January is the time the Nox is rolling out. So makes sense will be more Ebay detector listings. hh
January 09, 2018 03:12AM
I am giving the NOX a pass. I really do not like the built in battery system, and have never really bought into the ML craze. To each their own. Right now I am SLOWLY learning the RA 71. A lot of variable adjustments and yet "not really". Very well built and hoping for a sniper coil to come along soon. I am not sure what a few posters have said about it being "very much like an X 705" since I have never used one.
The MXT looks like a decent approach at 14 KHz, and using the Eclipse coils is a real boost. Would mind trying one out without spending a bunch of $$$$ but, if I don't like it, Then what ???
January 09, 2018 03:45AM
My limited hunt sites have dryed out, used snipers to very large coils and about 5 models. The Nox may be a better choice now but will wait for reviews to trickle in.

Any detector will work on good locations but you need a step up detector when the sites dry out, have a lot of hope on the Nox.
Re: What is up with all the MXT's being sold on Ebay ????
January 09, 2018 11:55AM
Don't forget the AT Pro.
January 10, 2018 12:49AM
Ebay slumped off for the holidays...People dont post alot fo units fro sale during the holiday season...Probably figure money tight and people not really scouting ebay for machines..

Usually a good many MXTs on there at any given time..

I think there's a ton of them usually offered because there was a ton of them sold and still sold...Fantastic unit..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 10, 2018 01:40AM
So many detectors so little time comes to mind...at least for us super seniors...
January 10, 2018 05:20AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ebay slumped off for the holidays...People dont po
> st alot fo units fro sale during the holiday seaso
> n...Probably figure money tight and people not rea
> lly scouting ebay for machines..
>
> Usually a good many MXTs on there at any given tim
> e..
>
> I think there's a ton of them usually offered beca
> use there was a ton of them sold and still sold...
> Fantastic unit..
>
> Keith

Also people are afraid of mail slow downs at Christmas many sellers take a Holliday to protect their feedback scores.
January 10, 2018 12:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ebay slumped off for the holidays...People dont po
> st alot fo units fro sale during the holiday seaso
> n...Probably figure money tight and people not rea
> lly scouting ebay for machines..
>
> Usually a good many MXTs on there at any given tim
> e..
>
> I think there's a ton of them usually offered beca
> use there was a ton of them sold and still sold...
> Fantastic unit..
>
> Keith

That's good ole Southern commonsense at work! I just got a MXT Pro and it works great for me. LINK

tabman