Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

xp deus and cans ID in xy screen???

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
xp deus and cans ID in xy screen???
January 15, 2018 01:50PM
the manual shows a c or question mark shape signal in the xy coords but on beer cans (but not rusty) i get a jerky trapezoid signal so just wondering why the difference and wondering what is a common shaped signal on cans for you gents ..and TID and sounds ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 02:04PM by diggers.
Re: xp deus and cans ID in xy screen???
January 15, 2018 06:39PM
Cans are never the same shape or size in the ground and can give a solid number or the numbers can be all over the place. A can is not like a coin that always has a constant size and shape. One thing you can do is to raise your coil while swinging over the target and if the target is still strong with the coil 6" or so off the ground, you can almost bet the target is a can or other trash. You can also do 'sizing' with swinging over the target and listening to the length of the tone. After a while you can almost be certain the target is bigger than a coin. Having said this, I hunt this way and realize that by passing on these types of targets, some of the targets might be something other than a can, like a child's play car or others, but I am a coin hunter and accept this. Your hunting style dictates what you will or will not dig. It is all up to you to make that decision. The manual is only a guide to go by and not 100% accurate. Good luck.
Re: xp deus and cans ID in xy screen???
January 16, 2018 06:31AM
Diggers,
Hard to give a solid answer to your question.
Why
Xy screen can read differently based on zoom setting and depth of can, and detector settings can also affect.

Some of the older non aluminum cans, bottle caps.
I encourage you to look at so e of these with Deus using Gold field program and look at xy screen.
Bottlecaps definitely easy to recognize.

Funny thing here Deus in gold field , xy screen, dd coil, mimmicks a lot of what a Rutus Alter71 detector user will see on their screen with a concentric coil employed.(Steel bottlecaps).