Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Comments on the Changed Pre-Set Paterns for Equinox

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Comments on the Changed Pre-Set Paterns for Equinox
January 15, 2018 02:43PM
So is Minelab taking a cue from Nokia and finally listening to the MD community. All indications from start to finish of the EQ. they are. Just today a new tech blog release states (see new excerpt from revised owners manual below) they have changed the presets to including a different arrangement of freq. that are used to direct them more toward high or low conductors. Now gold and park are including presets that has Multi IQ to use a combination of freq. that seem to favor the higher ones for higher sensitivity to low conductors. One thing I have noticed is if I understand this correctly is the Beach preset is using a combination that is more favorable to high conductor's. So they are going to make those patterns more sensitive to silver for the beach? I want a beach pattern using the higher freq. for gold. It makes me wonder if you make a custom pattern and chose Muti. what pattern of freq. will it use or will it be all of them. Also could the gold pattern be good for the beach. The higher ones may not work well in the beach environment due to surf conditions and GB in wet sands.

Also to me the end of the month starts tomorrow lol so will the EQ. start to show up this week. That my friends is the million dollar question. I am so far down the line unless they flood the market who knows when I'll see mine. Ordered the 6" coil as well but I also would like a mid size elliptical coil though not sure it would work with this technology. HH JR

Park 1 and Field 1 process a lower weighted frequency combination, as well as using algorithms that maximise ground balancing for soil, to achieve the best signal to noise ratio. Hence being most suited for general detecting, coin hunting, etc.
Park 2 and Field 2 process a higher weighted combination of the Multi-IQ band while still ground balancing for soil. Therefore they will be more sensitive to higher frequency (low conductive) targets, but potentially more susceptible to ground noise.
Beach 1 also processes a lower weighted combination, BUT uses different algorithms to maximise ground balancing for salt. Hence being most suited for both dry and wet sand conditions.
Beach 2 processes a very low weighted frequency combination, using the same algorithms as Beach 1 to maximise ground balancing for salt. This search profile is designed for use in the surf and underwater.
Gold 1 and Gold 2 process the higher weighted combination of the Multi-IQ band while still ground balancing for soil. However, they use different setting parameters better suited for gold nugget hunting
Re: Comments on the Changed Pre-Set Paterns for Equinox
January 15, 2018 03:26PM
Nice observations!

"End of the month starts tomorrow" LOL I love that way of thinking!
January 15, 2018 07:11PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One thing I
> have noticed is if I understand this correctly is
> the Beach preset is using a combination that is mo
> re favorable to high conductor's. So they are goi
> ng to make those patterns more sensitive to silver
> for the beach? I want a beach pattern using the h
> igher freq. for gold.

ShovelNose --

I don't think the point, in beach mode, was to make it more favorable to high conductors; I think the issue is that the lower frequencies will handle the salt better, so they kind of "had" to do that...

I could be wrong, but that's I think what's going on there...

Steve
January 15, 2018 09:18PM
I think you are right Steve........ its how close can they come to dealing with the salt and still picking up some of those small gold targets. Both BBS and FBS are good on silver but punch deep on a beach and will pick up a piece of gold approx .3 grams. Im hoping the tweaks will allow us to grab a chain or two...... or the TID/fast response does it. So the VERY low freq maybe misleading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 09:19PM by dewcon4414.
January 15, 2018 10:20PM
Correct me if I'm wrong (it did happen once, so.....) - you can modify and save the factory programs but you can't save a program other than that. In other words you can have 8 programs only? Not that I think that's a big deal, just kind of surprising if true.
January 16, 2018 02:17AM
PhDtector Wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong (it did happen once, so...
> ..) - you can modify and save the factory programs
> but you can't save a program other than that. In o
> ther words you can have 8 programs only? Not that
> I think that's a big deal, just kind of surprising
> if true.

I checked out the new Operators manual and it says in specs under Detect Modes that it has the Park Field Beach and Gold and 8x custom search profiles and the 600 has Park Field Beach and 6x custom search profiles. You would be right,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 03:08AM by ShovelNose.
January 16, 2018 03:05AM
steveg & Dew........ Correct.
January 16, 2018 03:05AM
I have no idea why Minelab would want to copy Nokia -

Both Nokta and Makro have shown the world that working in with their potential customers is the way to win them over -

Minelab looks to be doing a similar thing and if the USA do not start thinking along the same lines, they will simply be left in the dirt with all the other relics -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 16, 2018 03:30AM
shovel nose... where did you get a Nox operators manual? i didn't think they released one to the public yet.
January 16, 2018 04:20AM
martygene Wrote:
> shovel nose... where did you get a Nox operators m
> anual? i didn't think they released one to the pub
> lic yet.

I'm guessing he meant this 'Getting Started' guide:
[www.minelab.com]

Info is also in brochure:
[www.minelab.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 04:26AM by Mike in CO.
January 16, 2018 06:34AM
Judging by the feedback from the AKA, when working multi-frequency there are some "pitfalls", for example detuning the detector from the same salt.
It is likely that ML faced these specific moments ...
imxo