Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Etrac 2 in 2018?

Posted by Diggs4ever 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Etrac 2 in 2018?
January 15, 2018 10:27PM
On Minelab's main site they listed a comment on the treasure talk section for the Equinox that I think is a hint of things to come. I see no other reason to have it there except for a being a witty hint. Your thoughts?

Here is the comment

" I'm super excited about the new Equinox. I'm wondering why did you choose to go with a single number ID compared to a smart find FE-CO ID. I think that would've made the Equinox even better. Unless you're saving that feature for the ETrac 2? Lol"

Link to page [www.minelab.com]
Re: Etrac 2 in 2018?
January 15, 2018 11:08PM
I'm sorry, what? Those comments are left by readers that sign up for an account on Minelab's page. This means nothing.
January 15, 2018 11:11PM
yeah, i dont see an etrac 2 ever coming....i would be on the lookout for an equinox 1000 though in the future...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 04:26PM by bigboar.
January 15, 2018 11:11PM
I would think FBS is not going anywhere for minelab...maybe its even going further in the future??

Minelab has always staked their claim to fame on Mineral handling..Multi freq is they way they have achieved that goal in the Coin arena..

That's one of the hardest thing to do is extract a signal from high ground mineral..Pulse does not have aprolem while VLF does..Multi freq at once tech gives it more comparators to look at and make more estimates as to mineral or target.We will have to see how solid the multi IQ is against the likes of FBS .

Multi freq is nice where it works and salt beach is one of them..And also red clay's..

Yet a pulse with ability to just disc iron at full to near depth for the Salt beach and bad ground relic guys would be the Golden stick..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 11:12PM by Keith Southern.
January 15, 2018 11:32PM
The only problem with Minelab introducing an iron discriminating pulse is their prices of current pulse machines. I need my trickle down money for one of those. I see consolidation of the lineup. Bye Bye to a few models....Safari.... Etrac....XTerra.....and maybe the Excalibur. How many divers use an Excalibur? I do believe we will see a higher end Equinox eventually. Between the 800 and CTX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 11:37PM by goodmore.
January 15, 2018 11:34PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yet a pulse with ability to just disc iron at full
> to near depth for the Salt beach and bad ground
> relic guys would be the Golden stick..
>
> Keith

Yeah = come on FT with Alexandre Tartar's PI grinning smiley
January 16, 2018 12:10AM
Tyberos [ PM ]
January 15, 2018 11:08PM Registered: 4 months ago
I'm sorry, what? Those comments are left by readers that sign up for an account on Minelab's page. This means nothing.

Retainer hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 12:11AM by Diggs4ever.
January 16, 2018 11:37AM
If the Equinox is ML new mid level machine, what's there new top level machine going to look like that replaces the CTX, it would be a bonkers machine.
January 16, 2018 12:26PM
Right now ......its likely not worth changing the Xcal to FBS......just not enough difference in the water to justify the cost. IF its replaced as a dive machine it will likely be a PI which is kind of crazy since ML makes PIs and dont have one for diving. NOW..... the EQ could put a hurt on Xcal sales as a wader..... just a lot of potential plus an all around machine over it and the CTX. Keith..... i 100% agree we need a disc PI now. I like having a PI with no processing ...... just telling me theres a target wayyyyyy down there, but flip a switch for disc and ill use it like a PPer to reduce digging on the beach. THATS my kind of machine for beach hunting. Ive got my fingers crossed thats not too far in the future.

Dew
January 16, 2018 01:34PM
Ill tell you something else i like about this machine......... being kind of a do-it-all machine lot more talk from a diverse group. Get you thinking..... like nuggets, hummm what size or would/could any of those setting be used in my area? Ive got my wallet out to Keith if a new PI with potential hits the street.
January 16, 2018 01:37PM
The next Minelab is going to be a gold machine, with multi freq and better iron resolution. 2019 announce 2020 release.
January 16, 2018 03:25PM
Companies don't make money going backwards...comes to mind...
January 16, 2018 05:57PM
Careful what you wish for Dew....Might just happen..winking smiley

Might not need to flip a switch either!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 06:35PM by Keith Southern.
January 16, 2018 06:15PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Companies don't make money going backwards...comes
> to mind...

Just better ergonomics with exact same performance, is this going backwards?
Don't think so.
Or throw in a couple additional features.
Like wireless headphones.

I mean look what Minelab has already achieved with esplorer series, Etrac. Not much changed and people bought the new releases.