Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Performance of 10" concentric on F75??

Posted by wlwalters 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Performance of 10" concentric on F75??
July 18, 2008 02:04AM
Has anyone done a comparison of the 10" concentric coil to the DD coil on their F75? Did it get about the same depth, less depth, or more depth? Did it seem to be any more stable? What number are you ground balancing at, so we can figure out how it might compare to our soil?

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2008 02:05AM by wlwalters.
I have the F70 concentric coil..........
July 18, 2008 08:25PM
and the jury is still out on it................
It DOES seem to get better depth...but the coverage and separation is AWFUL compared to the big DD.
I really havent had the time to REALLY evaluate it...but did use it on a beach in maine for a bit last week, and noticed that the target (fairly shallow targets) had to be well under the coil for detection......and that it required MUCH more overlap to make sure nothing was not missed. I ended up putting the DD back on.....as I waas afraid of missing something. I bought the big concentric to ferret out deeper signals on my colonial fields.....but havent had the time to really give it a good go. As I said......it seems to get a cleaner DEEPER signal in relatively clean ground.....but that seems to be about the only benifit. Streak!
Re: I have the F70 concentric coil..........
July 19, 2008 11:33AM
The 11" DD coil will give slightly better ID on deeper targets vs. the 10" F-70 coil. The 10" elliptical concentric coil is not quite as deep .... but will ID steel bottlecaps better...... for those that have areas they wish to hunt,,, that are loaded with steel bottlecaps. Target separation will always be better with the elliptical DD style coil. Pinpointing with the concentric coil is 'smoother'; pinpointing with the elliptical DD coil is 'sharper'.

Tom
must be the soil Tom......
July 19, 2008 02:13PM
as the 10" concentric will positively get better depth in MY soil.(my soil is loamy soft rich dirt.....that GB's in the 60-70 range). Tests in my garden show a good 2" increase in average detection depth (coins). Cleaner crisper signals too. Still....... I have to give the edge to the 11" DD though....as its coverage and separation is lots better.
I suspect its a more densely packed matrix here that is giving me different results.
I'm going to use it (the concentric)in an old sparsely hunted amusement park we discovered a couple of weeks ago tomorrow.....and compare it to the average depth and quality of the signals I got there last week with the DD. I killed an MXT and Exterra there last week with the DD coil. Tomorrow my buddy is bringing his Exploder and a new coil he just got. Ought to be interesting!
Not sure what coil it is he is bringing for the Exploder. All I know is that its a new minelab coil thats supposed to end the woes the SE users are experiencing. (IE: poor performance as compared to the EX II). I've yet to meet a single guy/gal that had an EX II that is happy with the SE, and I have a large number of Minelab user friends. Streak!
Re: must be the soil Tom......
July 20, 2008 02:11AM
would be nice to have fisher give us a DD small coil and a DD larger coil but I guess if they are working on a new upper end machine that comes out in a few years I will get my moneys worth with the F75. Can't have it all a lot depends on the user as much as the machine.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: must be the soil Tom......
July 20, 2008 01:11PM
Streak,

I MUST refer to "on average"....or...... "the bulk" of what the population should expect. But............ YOUR input is EXACTLY the type of input we need to hear. Especially.........and most importantly....... just exactly where your unit grabbed a Grnd Balance; because this is the primary 'clue' as to why you ascertained these extenuating conditions. Good to hear.

Tom