Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THE NEW MAKRO KRUZER SERIES!

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: THE NEW MAKRO KRUZER SERIES!
January 25, 2018 11:36AM
Can anyone explain the "adjustable target ID depth" feature?
January 25, 2018 01:07PM
See this link page 11

Granted this is Impact manual, maybe Kruzer works similar.

[noktadetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2018 01:50PM by Sod-buster.
January 25, 2018 01:14PM
Sitting here with the Kruzer in my hand I can assure you they are not "waterproofing their already existing line of detectors" Not sure where you received the info to make that determination but please do share this with us.
January 25, 2018 01:50PM
choppadude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sitting here with the Kruzer in my hand I can assu
> re you they are not "waterproofing their already
> existing line of detectors" Not sure where you rec
> eived the info to make that determination but plea
> se do share this with us.

Since you claim to have one in hand...please tell us what the differences are. What has your experience in the field shown? I would love to hear what the improvements and innovations over their existing machines are as I really like Nok/Mak. I may be wrong with the assertions in my previous post ( I hope I am). We will see. I't would appear, though, that many others agree with me, as the announcement hasn't generated much excitement on the various forums. Looking forward to your report. Thanks!

Dean
January 25, 2018 02:23PM
bado1 Wrote:
> choppadude Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sitting here with the Kruzer in my hand I can as
> su
> > re you they are not "waterproofing their alrea
> dy
> > existing line of detectors" Not sure where you r
> ec
> > eived the info to make that determination but pl
> ea
> > se do share this with us.
>
> Since you claim to have one in hand...please tell
> us what the differences are. What has your experie
> nce in the field shown? I would love to hear what
> the improvements and innovations over their existi
> ng machines are as I really like Nok/Mak. I may be
> wrong with the assertions in my previous post ( I
> hope I am). We will see. I't would appear, though,
> that many others agree with me, as the announcemen
> t hasn't generated much excitement on the various
> forums. Looking forward to your report. Thanks!
>
> Dean

At this time I am under a NDA so I cannot say much as far as details. Hopefully soon I will get the go ahead to share more info.
January 25, 2018 02:30PM
choppadude Wrote:
> bado1 Wrote:
> -----
> > choppadude Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Sitting here with the Kruzer in my hand I can
> as
> > su
> > > re you they are not "waterproofing their alr
> ea
> > dy
> > > existing line of detectors" Not sure where you
> r
> > ec
> > > eived the info to make that determination but
> pl
> > ea
> > > se do share this with us.
> >
> > Since you claim to have one in hand...please tel
> l
> > us what the differences are. What has your exper
> ie
> > nce in the field shown? I would love to hear wha
> t
> > the improvements and innovations over their exis
> ti
> > ng machines are as I really like Nok/Mak. I may
> be
> > wrong with the assertions in my previous post (
> I
> > hope I am). We will see. I't would appear, thoug
> h,
> > that many others agree with me, as the announcem
> en
> > t hasn't generated much excitement on the variou
> s
> > forums. Looking forward to your report. Thanks!
> >
> > Dean
>
> At this time I am under a NDA so I cannot say much
> as far as details. Hopefully soon I will get the g
> o ahead to share more info.

I understand. Put it through the paces! Looking forward to your findings. Thank you for devoting your time and energy to the testing.

Dean
January 25, 2018 04:01PM
Sod-buster Wrote:
> See this link page 11
>
> Granted this is Impact manual, maybe Kruzer works
> similar.
>
> [noktadetectors.com]
> nual_KKIM240417EN.PDF

I must say that the Impact users manual is the best written manual I have seen.

Reading the tech manual of any product is half the fun of owning the product.
January 25, 2018 04:51PM
Thanks for the link sod buster. After reading the manual it sounds like the "target ID depth adj." possibly helps the audio signal at the expense of target ID. I would like a detector that can discriminate the top 2 or 3 inches at trashy parks. Anyway thanks
Some comments on the new Makro KRUZER series.
January 25, 2018 05:18PM
Geotech
Regardless of what Cambridge might have to say, in metal detector-land the term "multifrequency" has been defined to mean multiple frequencies at the same time. Selectable-frequency detectors have been around for a very long time and have never been marketed as "multifrequency," even by the King of Marketing Nonsense. Hopefully Makro will reconsider their selection of terminology.
Carl, I generally agree with perhaps the most savvy engineer in this business, but we have to take in all the manufacturer's design offerings as well as the terminology we all use. We have had models that operated using two frequencies, but were they actually 'simultaneous?' No, not all them.

White's, as one example, did offer us the DFX a long time ago that operated at two frequencies .. together .. or the operator could select just one frequency to use. Used as a 'user-choice' it was still a "multi-frequency" detector, as is the three frequency V3i where the operator is provided the option to select a single operating frequency. As a combat medic I dealt with a soldier who was hit with shrapnel causing a leg wound. Heading for cover from incoming mortar rounds he tripped on some exposed barbed wire in the dark and fell into a rock pile and gouged up his left elbow pretty bad. Fortunately the rock pile was between him and four incoming mortar rounds that all struck very closely and the loud explosions caused severe ear (hearing) damage to his right ear.

After treatment at the aid station I had to write up a report and I used common, acceptable, and understandable terminology: The patient (like a detector) had 'multiple wounds' or 'multi-injuries' and I didn't describe them as 'selectable' wounds. Also, they were not all 'simultaneous' wounds because they didn't all occur at the same time.

Perhaps all detectors should be made with only ONE search mode? No, we use detectors that are 'multi-mode' devices. Not 'simultaneous' modes, but we get to select the mode we want to use.

All detectors made should be supplied with only ONE hard-wired search coil. Why? Because we can't use all of the search coils at the same time, but other search coils might come with a detector to have two or more, or the user can purchase optional search coils because the detectors feature 'multi-coil' versatility ... one chosen coil at a time. Generally I agree with you, but we also have some single frequency detectors that are not called 'multi-frequency' even though technically they could be. Examples are the Tesoro Conquistador µMAX or Vaquero, White's MX Sport and MX-7, Nokta
Impact or Makro Racer 2 to name only a few. I am referring to single frequency detectors that have a frequency off-@#$%& to deal with EMI. Yes, the shifting is slight, but it is a shift to a marginally different frequency.

We just have to get along with terminology use in the industry that might not be what other detector makers use. My MX-7 has six search 'programs' according to White's while we see the Makro Kruzer has six search 'modes.' We still know what they mean, and I think 'multi-frequency' means just that. It offers multiple frequencies. If a manufacturer designed them to work all at once, or almost so, then it is up to them to clarify that by saying 'simultaneous' or 'continuous' or ... perhaps with some makers out there ... it's just sort of implied to 'use your imagination' about what's going on'.

bado1
Agreed. Now we will always have to specify "simultaneous MF" or "select-able MF".
Just things we all need to sort out I guess.

badi1
I like Nok/Mak machines. Very capable machines. I've had three of them.
Yes, they are very versatile detectors, and I have and use several in my personal detector battery. One Impact, two Relic, two CoRe and one Racer 2 make up part of my working 'team' from Nokta & Makro and the only TID competitor's units on that 'team' are my two White's MX-7's. I don't use 'had' in my description because all of these detectors and the group of search coils I have for them work wonderfully for me in all the places I like to hunt, which most of the time means dealing with intense iron debris.

badi1
I like the way Nok/Mak listens to their customers. Great company.
None better, to be sure! thumbs down

badi1
But, waterproofing their already existing line of detectors is good but falls short (I think waterproof detectors should have been an industry standard for years now). They have just repackaged their old tech.... waterproof Impact/Gold Racer.
Dean, I don't believe they did that. I also don't think a waterproof detector should be an "industry standard" but I do like the fact that a manufacturer can bring a worthwhile waterproof detector to market as a 'part' of their product line. Not necessarily as a key component since most people do not hunt in a drenching rain or wade or work shallow water areas. I also think it common for a manufacturer to use certain search modes and adjustment features that they feel are valuable components of any detector model and have proven to be just that in the industry in general, and specifically with their own product line.

Having used Nokta and Makro detectors for three years now for all types of hunting, to include freshwater and saltwater beaches with the coil no deeper than 12", I have all their different models because they do have different circuitry engineering. The 15 kHz CoRe and 14 kHz 'original' Racer seemed to be very similar in adjustments and field performance, but using them you could sense the pros and cons between them. For two years now, both the 14 kHz Racer 2 and 19 kHz Nokta Relic have added their performance abilities afield because they are kind of similar in how they work, but they do have some additional adjustment features, and they do work 'differently' enough to impress me.

This has been especially true of the 19 kHz Relic. As I stated my of my Relic Hunting sites abound with discarded iron and nails and rusty tin. I have owned and used other detectors that operate in this upper 17.5 to 20 kHz range, including a pair of F19's I owned, but my Relic simply out-performed them all. Don't get me wrong on different abilities because I switched to the Nokta / Makro lines mainly because ether 15 kHz CoRe was pulling partially-masked keepers from nasty littered sites. But I have long enjoyed having a 'team' of detectors, at least there or more, that provide me with versatile yet slightly different performance. The Relic brought that my way mainly due to the higher operating frequency, but it had some other differences from the CoRe, and even from the Racer 2 I added at the same time.

The new Kruzer 'series' appear to be a blend, of you will, of the 'S' curved Racer series with some of the Racer 2 functions, but also incorporating things we find on the Nokta Impact, to include a 3-frequency option. Additionally, it has a feature or two mentioned that are not found on other Nokta or Makro models, and I am certain they have some engineered 'enhancement' to what they do in different search modes.

badi1
These "new" waterproof units will, no doubt, "obsolete" the old non-waterproof units (Oh, come on! That was funny!).
I am sure that the Kruzer will become a main-use detector for some people already enjoying a Racer or Racer 2 or Nokta model, but I am also positive that 'obsolete' will be a good fit in some descriptions. Things like: "This new Kruzer has so much to offer that it obsoletes any and all waterproof detectors I have." "Guess I need to dump them and step up to Real Performance!" Time will tell but I see good things coming our way, and in a month Kruzer's will be in consumer's hands to learn and enjoy.

badi1
Considering what Minelab is launching in the Equinox, both select-able AND simultaneous MF in a waterproof package, this misses the mark IMO. Now, when Nok/Mak comes out with a true MF or a PI unit I'm all in!
I don't feel I missed the mark. If and when Minelab gets their Equinox figured out and finally in production, there's no doubt that we'll see one used along side a Kruzer and hear the opinions of those who check them out.

The Kruzer will be out in February and possibly an Equinox by mid-April. I have a good friend who has ordered an Equinox so we should both have a waterproof detector in-hand by our WTHO get-together in late April. I can guarantee you we will be doing some side-by-side work with both models.
Re: Some comments on the new Makro KRUZER series.
January 25, 2018 05:49PM
This new detector is what the Impact should have been all along. With a few differences. It should have the coil wire inside the shaft and there should never be another S shaft detector......ever. And the frequencies should have a setting to run them together at the same time.
January 25, 2018 06:13PM
bado1 Wrote:

> They have just repackaged their old tech.... waterproof Impact/Gold Racer. These "new" waterproof units will, no doubt, "obsolete" the old non-
> waterproof units (Oh, come on! That was funny!).
>
> Dean

Not quite.....(ok, that was somewhat funny!) they may have taken a 4lb+ Impact, and turned it into a 3lb waterproof machine with upgrades sans some of the less popular Impact modes. Knowing Makro/Nokta I will guarantee that they didn't simply figure out how to shed weight and waterproof an existing detector, they've also been working on improving the platform. These guys don't sit idle dreaming up how to repackage their ten year old detector and relaunch it with a new faceplate/decals/stickers..... it will actually be a new and improved/different product..... time will tell, but thus far their track record speaks for itself IMO.

Cal
January 25, 2018 11:58PM
Gentlemen,
Thank you for your relevant and well thought out responses.

Monte,
Since metal detecting is an outdoor activity, I believe that the detectors should all be waterproof or at the very least "weather proof". I agree that not all need to be submersible. It sucks having to run for the truck ( sometimes long distances) just because it starts raining. I carry a garbage bag in my pack to cover the control box if caught in a rain storm...seems a bit archaic. Garrett proved that a detector doesn't have to be bulky and heavy to be waterproof.

I too, have owned a CoRe, Relic, and Impact. Great machines. I'm not sure who coined the phrase, " Just another single frequency VLF"... but that is where I'm at in my current thinking ( even if is select-able frequency since you can use only one at a time). Perhaps, this is because I spend much of my time swinging a GPX... A substantial and powerful machine. Additionally, VLF has been around a long time and has reached its zenith. Minelab recently announced that it would no longer produce any new model single frequency VLF units! What a huge statement! It was met with barely a whisper by the detecting world. Obviously, this means that Minelab has a lot of faith in it's new technology. Technology that they will refine and expand upon ( I'm sure they already have). My take is that they know something that we don't if they are willing to take such a large gamble (probably not a gamble...they know it's potential). So, I was hoping for a release from Nok/ Mak that is something other than " just another single frequency VLF" ( waterproofed).

Cal,
I was thinking about getting out of health care and becoming a full time stand up comedian! You just need to work on your sense of humor... because that was funny!
You saw how skillfully I brought the whole Minelab " Obsolete" thing in? No? O.K., never mind. Anyway, I hope that you are correct. It appears that they have made some tweaks. Perhaps we will see some test results soon.

Dean

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 12:04AM by bado1.
January 26, 2018 12:42AM
Well,
I haven't bit and took Equinox yet- hook,line and sinker.

Talks cheap.
I need to see the detector in action myself.

Question
Will Equinox dominate all other detector models single frequency, meaning with available coils find everything all the other single freq detectors will?
I can't say, but if the answer is no, then what?

How about its waterproofing?
It needs to be tested by the public at least a couple years.
Battery too.

Minelab is not the only manufacturer with an authority on making metal detectors.
Reading here, seems some think they are.
If Minelab was such an authority why has it took them so long to make a lighter weight decent detector?

Which detector between the Equinox and Kruzer will hold up in field and water better in the long run.
Neither detector comes with life time warranty.

Fat chance of an after market coil for Equinox.

Btw, them there finds Cal Cobra has been finding and posting sure didn't just jump in his finds pouch.
And it didn't take an Equinox it seems to find them.

I usually don't post in a thread saying I won't buy any model detector usually.
Unless of course a certain model has problems.
And so far I don't see and hear any problems with Kruzer multi unit.
January 26, 2018 12:50AM
Those complaining about the Kruzers s-handle. If you look closely at the pictures on how the control box is mounted to the s-handle............it wouldn't be too hard to fashion a mount that can be attached
to a straight shaft handle.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 26, 2018 01:14AM
Operator's manual availability comment by Dilek.

[www.findmall.com]
January 26, 2018 01:18AM
Sven1 Wrote:
> Those complaining about the Kruzers s-handle. If y
> ou look closely at the pictures on how the control
> box is mounted to the s-handle............it would
> n't be too hard to fashion a mount that can be att
> ached
> to a straight shaft handle.

Maybe so---but---why do we/should we have to mod ANY of these new detectors that are coming out????-----And I'm not speaking of any particular "brand".
January 26, 2018 01:23AM
> Maybe so---but---why do we/should we have to mod A
> NY of these new detectors that are coming out????-
> ----And I'm not speaking of any particular "brand"

Exactly
January 26, 2018 02:05AM
Sod Buster,
You are, obviously, referring to me regarding Minelab being the " authority on making metal detectors". Yep, you are correct. What other manufacturer has produced new technology such as GPZ, or Multi IQ? Not sure,but I believe they are the largest detector manufacturer in the world? I would bet they hold more metal detecting patents than any other company. So yeah, I would say they are the authority. How do you define the " authority"? Does that mean other companies don't put out a good detector? Of course not! It would be nice, though, to see ground breaking technology from another company. Try doing any serious prospecting with anything other than a Minelab PI. As to " lighter" detectors...I could care less how much it weighs as long as it performs. I swing a GPX with a 15" coil all day with no bungee. Weight is a non- issue for me. So, your weight argument is subjective. I've owned detectors from most of the major companies and, for me, in the conditions that I hunt in, Minelab always performs the best, therefore, my bias.

Dean
January 26, 2018 02:44AM
bado1 Wrote:
> Sod Buster,
> You are, obviously, referring to me regarding Min
> elab being the " authority on making metal detecto
> rs". Yep, you are correct. What other manufacturer
> has produced new technology such as GPZ, or Multi
> IQ? Not sure,but I believe they are the largest de
> tector manufacturer in the world? I would bet they
> hold more metal detecting patents than any other c
> ompany. So yeah, I would say they are the authori
> ty. How do you define the " authority"? Does that
> mean other companies don't put out a good detector
> ? Of course not! It would be nice, though, to see
> ground breaking technology from another company. T
> ry doing any serious prospecting with anything oth
> er than a Minelab PI. As to " lighter" detectors..
> .I could care less how much it weighs as long as i
> t performs. I swing a GPX with a 15" coil all day
> with no bungee. Weight is a non- issue for me. So,
> your weight argument is subjective. I've owned det
> ectors from most of the major companies and, for m
> e, in the conditions that I hunt in, Minelab alway
> s performs the best, therefore, my bias.
>
> Dean

Well,
A few things.
Minelab hasn't been the leader in all things metal detector related.

Case in points.
Update able online detector = XP
Color screen= White's
Totally wireless = XP
White's TDI does some thing GPX/GPZ can't do.
Use of li pro batteries in Vlf detectors, not Minelab
Good ergonomics, not Minelab
5 year warranty, not Minelab
Best overall repair service in the past, not Minelab

I am sure there are more.

Different things (attributes) can and does sell metal detectors.

Minelab likely hasn't sold the most units in last 5 years is USA and likely worldly.
As far as Minelab units sold in USA last 5 years, I Bet they don't even rank 3rd.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 03:24AM by Sod-buster.
January 26, 2018 03:25AM
Sod-buster Wrote:
> bado1 Wrote:
> -----
> > Sod Buster,
> > You are, obviously, referring to me regarding M
> in
> > elab being the " authority on making metal detec
> to
> > rs". Yep, you are correct. What other manufactur
> er
> > has produced new technology such as GPZ, or Mult
> i
> > IQ? Not sure,but I believe they are the largest
> de
> > tector manufacturer in the world? I would bet th
> ey
> > hold more metal detecting patents than any other
> c
> > ompany. So yeah, I would say they are the autho
> ri
> > ty. How do you define the " authority"? Does th
> at
> > mean other companies don't put out a good detect
> or
> > ? Of course not! It would be nice, though, to s
> ee
> > ground breaking technology from another company.
> T
> > ry doing any serious prospecting with anything o
> th
> > er than a Minelab PI. As to " lighter" detectors
> ..
> > .I could care less how much it weighs as long as
> i
> > t performs. I swing a GPX with a 15" coil all da
> y
> > with no bungee. Weight is a non- issue for me. S
> o,
> > your weight argument is subjective. I've owned d
> et
> > ectors from most of the major companies and, for
> m
> > e, in the conditions that I hunt in, Minelab alw
> ay
> > s performs the best, therefore, my bias.
> >
> > Dean
>
> Well,
> A few things.
> Minelab hasn't been the leader in all things metal
> detector related.
>
> Case in points.
> Update able online detector = XP
> Color screen= White's
> Totally wireless = XP
> White's TDI does some thing GPX/GPZ can't do.
> I am sure there are more.
>
> Different things (attributes) can and does sell me
> tal detectors.
>
> Minelab likely hasn't sold the most units in last
> 5 years is USA and likely worldly.
> As far as Minelab units sold in USA last 5 years,
> I Bet they don't even rank 3rd.

E-TRAC exchange program prior to XP. Does a color screen make it perform better? Does anybody really care if the screen is in color? Come on, how about some examples of ground breaking tech? I have never seen a TDI in the gold fields ( or anywhere else) and I have been doing this before PI came on the scene. They are more of an odd ball relic/ coin/ beach PI detector not even in the same class as a GPX or GPZ. Have you ever even seen one in the field? As to wireless, XP may have been the first to adopt it and it is cool but the Equinox is going to have it ( phones) as well. Since you brought it up, and feel that it's note worthy, are you concerned about the companies that haven't adopted wireless? The things that you mention are "additions" to existing technology. Kinda like a nice stereo system in a car. Nice to have but it does not affect the performance of the car. I'm willing to bet against you on your sales estimates. I will research it. Thanks!
I won't comment on this Nokta thread regarding this subject again. Sorry about the hijack.
Dean
January 26, 2018 03:48AM
Sven1 Wrote:
> Those complaining about the Kruzers s-handle. If you look closely at the pictures on how the control
> box is mounted to the s-handle............it would't be too hard to fashion a mount that can be att
> ached to a straight shaft handle.

I'm not sure if it's necessary, but yeah I agree, if you can unbolt the handle/control pod, you could move it to one of those Pluggers straight shafts. Why though? Will it balance better? What's the desire for a straight shaft vs the S-handle?

I like how the hand grip is rubber not that foam that always gets funky and eventually, if you detect enough, it ends up deteriorating.

I've been saying for a long time that if you gave me a Racer2 with a few selectable frequencies, I'd be a happy camper, and now we have that, plus it's waterproof and lighter thumbs down
January 26, 2018 04:31AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Sven1 Wrote:
> -----
> > Those complaining about the Kruzers s-handle. If
> you look closely at the pictures on how the contro
> l
> > box is mounted to the s-handle............it wou
> ld't be too hard to fashion a mount that can be at
> t
> > ached to a straight shaft handle.
>
> I'm not sure if it's necessary, but yeah I agree,
> if you can unbolt the handle/control pod, you coul
> d move it to one of those Pluggers straight shafts
> . Why though? Will it balance better? What's th
> e desire for a straight shaft vs the S-handle?
>
> I like how the hand grip is rubber not that foam t
> hat always gets funky and eventually, if you detec
> t enough, it ends up deteriorating.
>
> I've been saying for a long time that if you gave
> me a Racer2 with a few selectable frequencies, I'd
> be a happy camper, and now we have that, plus it's
> waterproof and lighter thumbs down

AND it appears they hit the grip angle correctly. in between racer and racer 2 angle. excellent. also, i dont have to keep feeding the kellyco machine. Like the impact just wish it had better ergo...welcome multi kruzer. I dont water or beach hunt so that was a non-factor for me. I'll be testing a multi kruzer and equinox 600. Both improvements on style detectors I like.
January 26, 2018 04:21PM
no text.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 04:22PM by Mike Hillis.
January 26, 2018 07:40PM
Makro Multi Kruzer, bench test.
[youtu.be]
January 26, 2018 11:29PM
Very slight delay on Kruzer. Looking at a couple of things. But......... while we are at it............ what would YOU GUYS LIKE TO SEE ADDED/SUBTRACTED from the platform?
January 26, 2018 11:43PM
Field test test
January 26, 2018 11:55PM
Bench test video.

[m.youtube.com]

Another 2 videos, foreign language to me.

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 12:13AM by Sod-buster.
January 27, 2018 12:07AM
what would YOU GUYS like to see added/subtracted from the platform?"

I think the all-black buttons on the black control-box could be a hindrance, particularly if it's being used wet / partly-submerged / completely underwater. If the buttons were in some way different in colour, navigation would be easier. I've not seen it in the flesh, so I don't know how it's constructed. If it's vaguely like TV remote-controls, with a single sheet of rubber with all the buttons moulded into it, then it's possible to selectively mould individual buttons a different colour (eg. red for ON/STANDBY). Printing the rubber is another option, but it would wear off and quickly look bad. Coloured stickers would chip/peel, I guess.

Though I've never water-hunted, I understand hydro-dynamic drag on the coil / lower shaft can be unwelcome. A water-specific coil, rather than the current multi-ribbed one may win fans. Maybe even an oval-shaped lower rod?

For scuba / underwater detecting, would a more powerful vibrate be beneficial? It would probably have to be an external self-powered unit, but it could pick up / link-up with the control-box 2.4GHz transmission OK if it was mounted close. (2.4GHz doesn't travel much through water). Maybe add some extra data to the radio transmission that's vibe-motor specific, rather than trying to recreate it from the audio signal, or have the control-box recognise it's a vibe-box it's talking to. .....or just plug it into the headphone connector.

Is it stereo sound ready? Even if the feature isn't currently used, it would be smart to build it in. After all, the radio link is almost certain to be stereo, the headphones have two earpieces. I personally think there's quite a few tricks that could be implemented in stereo, in addition to the obvious well-established 'mixed-mode' system.

Though it's too late in the day for this model Gold Kruzer, it may be worth considering a Multi-Gold model, with freqs of 20K / 50K etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 12:22PM by Pimento.
January 27, 2018 10:22AM
what would YOU GUYS like to see added/subtracted from the platform?"

First: looks een great platform! Compliments!

My business: in the river, hipdeep searching for smal silver coins (sceats and small hammered) weight 0,5 - 1 gram.

My questions:
Which wil do best, the Gold Kruzer (64 Khz) or the Multi Kruzer (19 Khz) ?
Will a 30 or 40 Khz be better for my game?
January 27, 2018 12:17PM
@Wilci: The Sceatta I have dug had a 'target frequency' of 25 - 60KHz, the hammered coins from 30KHz (cut quarter size) to 12KHz (full penny size). I would say a machine running 15 - 30 KHz would be most appropriate for such coins.
People who have tried the HF coils on the XP Deus seem to like how they perform, but of course they still have the standard frequency coils as well. If you bought a 'gold only' machine, like a Racer Gold etc, you wouldn't have the choice of running it lower.