Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THE NEW MAKRO KRUZER SERIES!

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: THE NEW MAKRO KRUZER SERIES!
January 31, 2018 03:14PM
Shelton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What about E.U.D function. Can you explain this?

Extra Underground Depth. Can be set to be used constantly or on demand. This mode used a entirely different tone for the deep or on fringe of depth targets. Does not discriminate in this mode and all targets read the same tone. A good tool for areas that are suspected to have good targets and not a lot of trash. Also on targets that are not consistent this gives you a little more the ability to gain a little more info from them.
January 31, 2018 03:17PM
I need to test it.
January 31, 2018 04:36PM
Sounds like all metal.
January 31, 2018 04:43PM
Sounds like pinpoint to me.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 31, 2018 05:09PM
E.U.D

Can be momentary or left on..

It's single tone no disc..I prefer to just use all metal myself.

What the Kruzer doesn't have Vs Impact is 99 tones and the mixed modes or static mode or the VLX modes
..Yet the modes it does have performance is equal to the same modes on Impact in my findings..

It's more like a Racer 2 option's with Impact Freq changes option..

I've had the Kruzer Submerged in 8-10 foot of water for 5 hours week before last turned on in 24 Celsius water..pulled it out and it still ran fine..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 31, 2018 06:04PM
Keith what about EMI with KRUZER? I have a good feeling about that. My unit is very EMI proof even indoors. Better than Impact. And last thing, speed, and blending effect in a hard iron environment...
January 31, 2018 06:15PM
E.U.D

The way it was explained to be was it was for deep fringe targets and/or small gold, and it does some additional analysis on them (my guess is some kind of AM BOOST mode?).

It was explained that if normally you tried to detect a target say under a brick, you wouldn't normally likely get a response, but with the E.U.D. mode it would be able to see what's under the brick.

I briefly played around with it....but need to do further testing on it to see it's benefit or practical application. The Kruzer has boost mode (DEEP) so this E.U.D. function is something new and different.

I'd agree with Keith's assessment above, and would add that it the 4-TONE mode has been reworked from the 4-TONE mode on the Impact, and has much better audio on the MK vs Impact.

Keith I do not have any bricks, do you have any bricks to test this E.U.D. out on?

-Brian
January 31, 2018 06:25PM
Interesting.
February 01, 2018 02:38PM
Nice little multi Kruzer video

Notice the power lines in video.

[m.youtube.com]
February 02, 2018 02:49PM
Shelton
What about E.U.D function. Can you explain this?
Extra Underground Depth, or E.U.D., can be accessed momentarily by pressing and holding down the E.U.D. button, or you can turn it 'On' (and later turn it off) by dubble-pressing the E.U.D. button. When activated, the search mode you are using with have a blinking fame around it.. It is only accessible when using the 2-Tone, 3-Tone, 4-Tine and Deep modes. It is not functional in either the GEN (All Metal) or Beach modes.

When in use there is no discrimination of ferrous or non-ferrous metal objects, and the search mode's Tone ID is also bypassed as the device will produce the same audio tone for all metals, of any type, that are detected. Using the Multi-KRUZER 'sample' device I have searched two locations were I have made use of this new function. For decades I have used a few test pieces in seminars and individual instruction to show different challenges we might encounter. One is my Nail Board Performance Test to evaluate the detect/coil behavior at handling dense iron nail littered sites, such as where old structures were torn down or burned down leaving nails about.

Another tough challenge was when I used what I called my "Homestead Rock" to demonstrate the challenges of dealing with an I.M.B. ... aka an Intense Mineral Body. I have long hunted homesteads or other former habitations where somewhat flattish rocks have been used to build chimneys, walls, foundations, walls around wells, etc., etc. My 'Homestead' Rock' example measured about 6½" X 9" X 2" thick or slightly thicker. Often I have located such old habitations only to find that the chimneys or walls have decayed and crumbled, fallen down, resulting in a scattering of similar rocks around on the ground.

It is challenging to deal with a lot of different I.M.B. challenges and I can assure you not all detectors can handle it in any motion-based Discriminate mode. Working that location last week gave me the opportunity to check out the Multi-KRUZER's E.U.D. function and it worked well. Rather than having to move or kick-away every challenging rock that was now scattered about the old homesite, I simply search the general area, and when I came to one or more 'Homestead Rocks' from the crumbled old chimney and one-sided stone wall, I just activated E.U.D. momentarily and continued searching over the rocks.

Since there was activity around the structure, there's always the possibility of something desirous being lost and then being covered or 'masked' by the challenging rock. Unfortunately I didn't find any old coins, but I did get a good signal on a covered-up 4-hole metal button and a couple of small pieces of metal debris, both ferrous and non-ferrous.

Another place where I tried E.U.D. was working an old CCC Camp location that was later used during WW-II as an Internment Camp. The selected area there was the modern road as they have turned the old site into a County Park and the road is rock filled. In some areas the rocks are deeper than just a single layer and the E.U.D. function can be accessed for full-time use, instead on momentary to search over an individual fallen down rock. We have found coins dating from the 1920-1945 period in the old mix of rock and gravel road, but hunting it can be a little more challenging and requires closer attention to all settings and especially using s slower sweep speed to deal with the intense ground mineral signal that needs to be processed out with out motion-based Discriminating detectors.

I was only able to work the rock covered road for maybe 15 minutes before dark but found that I had good success getting signal in the rocky challenge. You just have to remember that you are not going to be picking and choosing between ferrous and non-ferrous targets, most of the time, but you can make use of sizing and shaping targets in the slow-motion Disc. mode to help classify some as potentially good or bad, if you are concentrating on finding smaller, coin-sized targets.

Does everyone need to use this new function? No, just like some people only plan to wade a foot or so when Beach Hunting and not submerse the KRUZER, or look how many people never use the Threshold-based All Metal (GEN) search mode, or perhaps have no interest in only a 2-Tone function or find a 4-Tone mode too busy. The beauty of the new KRUZER and Multi-KRUZER is that they offer all those search modes, and the selectable E.U.D. function, which makes these devices more versatile, multi-purpose detectors for so many Avid Detectorists as well as Active Hobbyists.

One more hour from now I'll be on my way back to a couple of other old-use sites and will be well equipped for them, including the possibility of encountering scattered I.M.B.'s with the well equipped Multi-KRUZER. The only real challenges I face will be dense debris and other factors that will be better handled when I get two or three of the planned accessory coils to replace the stock 7X11 DD.

Monte
February 02, 2018 03:48PM
Good material. Thank you.
February 02, 2018 04:20PM
Excellent info Monte, seems to work like a true all metal mode but gives a single tone on all targets,
February 02, 2018 10:22PM
Multi Kruzer beach hunt video, seems gold is found.

[m.youtube.com]
February 02, 2018 11:23PM
james1969 Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Kruzer appeared to be completely stable on t
> he
> > salt water beach---would some of you salt water
> gu
> > ys comment on this--is this what you are looking
> f
> > or?
>
>
> Stable yes but how deep?, It's a single frequenc
> y VLF so I very much doubt it will compete with BB
> S,FBS, PI and more to the point the EQUINOX. Singl
> e frequency detectors are for the casual beach det
> ectorist not the hardcore.
> However at the top of the beach if the sand has b
> een removed and coins and jewellery are mixed in w
> ith Iron it might outperform the BBS,FBS AND PI de
> tectors due to it's blistering recovery speed, as
> for the Equinox we don't know yet but I would bet
> the farm that the EQUINOX will humble the Kruzer o
> n the wet sand.
> Inland and in freshwater I really like the look o
> f the Kruzer, looks super fast and deep and excell
> ent waterproof build quality.

Forgive my ignorance James but can I ask if you have used a Makro/Nokta beach hunting at all?

I know how great BBS & FBS are on salt water beaches - we all know, but a lot of us are surprised at how well these single freq units are going, that are coming out of Turkey - From what I have seen both Nokta/Makro seem to be improving each time on their previous models so it would he hard to say how well the KRUZER compares to the EQUINOX on beaches until they are released -

It looks to be the making of some interesting vids, for sure winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 03, 2018 02:19PM
Hey Rustic

I think Tom is the man who can say how the Makro/Nokta detectors compare against BBS, FBS and PI on wet salt sand.
If he reads this he might give his analysis.
February 03, 2018 05:24PM
((( Single Freq units are mostly 'gold dead' when Grnd Balanced to wet-salt. )))
February 05, 2018 05:46PM
Canadians reading here may find this link helpful or interesting.

[www.findmall.com]
February 05, 2018 09:18PM
Multi Kruzer video.
Beach and field.
[m.youtube.com]

Another multi Kruzer video below.
Looks like both gents in video using multi Kruzers.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 09:36PM by Sod-buster.
February 06, 2018 04:48AM
Wow! it seems to me the the VCO is more refined than ever on the Kruzer. There is a lot more variance in tone vs depth. Anyone else notice that?
February 06, 2018 06:00AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> Wow! it seems to me the the VCO is more refined th
> an ever on the Kruzer. There is a lot more varianc
> e in tone vs depth. Anyone else notice that?

I'm actually on a little road trip to some of my "hunted out" relic sites doing further field testing on the MK. Yes I agree with you, the VCO audio is better than my previous Nokta and Makro detectors, and to be honest I'm absolutely loving the four tone mode! It's a big improvement in my opinion over the four tone mode on the Impact.
February 06, 2018 05:29PM
Any internal battery run time info posted using Multi Kruzer?
Someone may have already commented and I missed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2018 05:31PM by Sod-buster.
February 06, 2018 06:18PM
From Keith Southern’s post

has on board rechargeable batteries that so far has lasted me about 15 hours or so on a charge( will be less on low freq)..
February 07, 2018 01:04PM
Changes made to Makro site as far as Kruzer detector.

[www.makrodetector.com]

Sublinks.
[www.makrodetector.com]

[www.makrodetector.com]

Kruzer brochure
[www.makrodedektor.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 01:21PM by Sod-buster.
February 07, 2018 09:11PM
February 08, 2018 06:44AM
Shelton Wrote:
> Keith what about EMI with KRUZER? I have a good feeling about that. My unit is very EMI proof even indoors. Better than Impact. And last thing, speed,
> and blending effect in a hard iron environment...

I've noticed that they definitely improved it's ability to handle EMI. A friend and I detected a city park and the EMI was terrible, his Racer 2 got blown out, but I was still able to detect with the Multi Kruzer.

Last weekend I did a field trip to some remote sites that used to give my F75 LTD EMI problems, even after upgrading to the F75 LTD2, EMI was pretty noticeable, but tolerable. I was running the extra sparky 4-TONE mode on the Multi Kruzer and it ran flawlessly, not even a hint of EMI. I actually had a great time and was amazed at what was found from our "hunted out" sites.

Funny story, one of the sites isn't really a big secret, but my friend and I have pulled dozens of reales, seateds, etc., from it, but it's getting tough. Sea of nail environs, with myriads of shotgun, riffle and small arms shells to weed through. Just a few days before I went on my trip, my buddy got a call from one of his detecting acquaintances that he saw the site and asked if he knew anything about it. Ended up that he and another guy detected it with a CTX and a Dues XP and got no coins. I went in and hunted right behind them (Could see their dig holes, as unfortunately they didn't even bother to fill them in) and managed to pull out a nice seated dime thumbs down Icing on the cake was the dime was only a few feet from one of their dig holes grinning smiley 3-TONE mode handles EMI better then 4-TONE, but 4-TONE is more powerful and hence, more susceptible to EMI.
February 08, 2018 07:54AM
Good review. Than you.
February 09, 2018 02:12AM
Night field hunt Multi Kruzer video.
[m.youtube.com]
February 09, 2018 02:24AM
Sod-buster Wrote:
> Night field hunt Multi Kruzer video.
> [m.youtube.com]

If only I spoke Dutch smiling smiley

Bit surprised they don't narrate it in English language, considering pretty much everyone in Holland speaks it.
February 09, 2018 04:23AM
james1969 Wrote:
> Hey Rustic
>
> I think Tom is the man who can say how the Makro
> /Nokta detectors compare against BBS, FBS and PI o
> n wet salt sand.
> If he reads this he might give his analysis.

Hi James

Yep, he be the man to see for sure- thumbs down - Great to know there are few to select from when choosing all-terrains these days and not just the Garrett AT Series - So many primo units to choose from these days - winking smiley - HH

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 07:20PM by rustic charm.
February 11, 2018 05:47PM
Multi Kruzer video
Near beach and grassy area

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 05:53PM by Sod-buster.