Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DeepTech Gold Gain Digs..

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DeepTech Gold Gain Digs..
January 25, 2018 04:49AM
Been running the Gain model in a couple of house site of the 1860-1900 period...

I must say the Gain model is quickly becoming my favorite iron sifter model..Even with the large stock 11" coil I have not experienced such unmasking ability audibly.

The audio of the Gain model is Nirvana to my ears...I'm running on preset red dot for disc...Boost mode..full gain full sens...iron volume half way and regular volume full...Ground in these two site's was 12 o'clock ...2 tone..

The audio is some of the best I've encountered for multi targets at once under the coil...I can tell where a piece of iron is in relation to a non ferrous target or multiple targets at once I can creep around with the coil and have a barrage of targets at once under the coil but still pick out a tight small high tone even when large iron is high toning...a Very sonic picture..The Analog style audio has no peers for dissecting iron...the good sounds good the bad sounds bad..and Im blown away by the ability of this coil to isolate a good target in some very very bad iron..Better than most machines running small coil..especially digital machines..I almost feel like this is the best of the best old site machine I've ever encountered..

These couple of sites have been beat on by me and slew of others for decades..with everything and every coil combo..Yet almost all of my finds come from the harshest of larger iron sections inside the sites.

Nothing spectacular yet still finds all the least..and the Gain model is not partial to round or weird shapes it lights up any non ferrous with gusto..

The 30Khz at first had me scared I would chase small tiny bits and I did to start with till the Audio traits kicked in...I can tell size of non ferrous goodies just by there descriptive foot print..Something digital machines seems to have lost..that 6th sense feel..they sort of beep on small say .22 lead or coin sizes with same sizing feel..not the Gain I can tell the size by the audio nuances very easily...I can also on the ferrous tone side tell a nail from a say iron buckle with ease...AGAIN,, THE AUDIO IS A SONIC IMAGING DEVICE..Part of the magic is the iron tone is the same nuanced modulated type sound as the non ferrous tone..both sides of the audio (Rejected and Accepted) are very descriptive ..not a simple grunt on rejected but a full blown chorus of sound..

One of the best High Frequency units I've used..I like better than the 25Khz Vista gold..the Audio is a new level without a sacrifice for depth and unmasking is a step up...I'm in heaven running this gain model though my old beat sites...

Anyhow here's a neat Solid silver Buckle of sorts...

It was a good ten inches deep and had a beautiful smooth modulated high tone..

what's neat about it is someone has etched across the face Dec 25 1901

Then here's a Gold Cuff link and you wouldn't believe the iron it was intermingled with ay about 8 or so inches deep...the bottom and top is there the cross bar is missing..I about passed out for a minute though I had a dollar gold coin as I could see the gold disc stick from edge of red clay clod ball...

So two nice Old Jewlery finds lets the Gold Gain live up to its promise...

then a few more Hard to get targets on a DEAD site...and they were situated in such bad iron ( not nails but that and clunky iron) that till now they were not digable by units I've used here..And its shows the range of the Gain model round and or weird shapes are no issue..and a few of the buttons are iron back one of my favorite type recoveries in heavy iron...If I can locate these I know the machine is doing its job...aslo is a Round Iron buckle with tongue and half a U.S Civil war pack hook and a clock gear shaft..What not shown is over a couple dozen shotgun hulls ...and some weird scrap stuff..and a bucket of odd iron looking/hoping for relics..

IMG_20180124_220011

The disc only covers iron so its a pure relic unit but I think it makes a great cleanup unit...if you think you've hunted a spot to death YOU HAVENT..I still have a lot of digging to do just on these two sites...and the small coil is coming so I may be in for a real eye opener AGAIN...Yet I'm still blown away by such a large coil unmasking to the degree this 11 does..The audio is world class on this unit...If you like old school analog audio this is the cream of the crop ...I've always been amazed by the analog Meets 21st century feel that DeepTech offers..and this gain model is a True Flagship for them and the forte they aim for..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: DeepTech Gold Gain Digs..
January 25, 2018 05:40AM
Nice work, like that fancy silver thumbs down
January 25, 2018 06:42AM
Awesome finds Keith and Great write up! You do an amazing job of explaining a ton of valuable info. Now I want a back up VGG to add to my first one lol! I knew right away when I tested my VGG in my test bed that the audio was extraordinarily good, DeepTech nailed it big time with this machine, it’s got depth that’s second to none, hits strong on a wide range of nonferrous targets conductivity wise shape wise, can pull nonferrous outta iron exceptionally well “ I imagine it’s gonna be on a whole nether level with the super six coil “ I’d like to see a down the barrel test with that small coil. Build quality is great I really like that carbon fiber lower, I would like to see a rechargeable battery pack though and a way to eliminate the small batt compartment screw. I don’t know how DeepTech could ever trump this machine performance wise as it’s about perfect for what it’s designed to do. Can’t wait to see what else it pulls outta your dead spots Keith especially when you run the super six coil. That gold coin can’t hide much longer!

John
January 25, 2018 09:13AM
Sounds like an interesting machine. Have Deeptech said what the coil options are going to be?
January 25, 2018 12:17PM
They don't list that model on their site. Must be VERY new.
January 25, 2018 12:53PM
PhDtector Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
They don't list that model on their site. Must be VERY new.

I found it here.

[deeptech-bg.com]

Edit - Oops, nevermind. That's a euro site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2018 12:56PM by Badger in NH.
January 25, 2018 03:07PM
Nice digs Keith.
January 25, 2018 03:32PM
Dealer gent in Tn sells them, has model on their site.
All I will say.
Don't want to break forum rules by trying to advertise or sponsor someone.

Nice finds Keith.

Sounds like the tonal differences with that particular unit more refined vs warrior unit.
Warrior unit can be tough to decipher sometimes.

Hint.
I am going into the backwoods of Tn to detect today.
Hope I find something.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2018 03:37PM by Sod-buster.
January 25, 2018 03:51PM
Yep,those TN. "BackWoods" can be a good place to visit.
January 25, 2018 06:04PM
be sure to look for Richard in those woods
January 25, 2018 06:48PM
Nice finds and report Keith. Sounds very encouraging.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
January 25, 2018 08:19PM
I WAS all set to purchase one until Dilek dropped the Kruzer bomb...sigh....back to waiting for more info to make my decision..
January 25, 2018 10:35PM
Keith's review made me want to sell my old Vista Gold and get a Gain but I think I'll wait til after my Equinox 800 gets here.

It will be interesting to see how these two machines compare.

January 25, 2018 11:32PM
Thanks Fellas

and here's some more info..

For some reason I couldn't find the link I started a month ago last night...Found it now and added the info of this thread ointp the link so it all stays together

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2018 11:34PM by Keith Southern.
January 26, 2018 01:58AM
Nice digs there Keith -- gotta love that old silver thumbs down
January 26, 2018 05:52PM
First prototype audio was not polished very well. Detectival 2017 UK. But now new machine rocks.

[www.youtube.com]
January 26, 2018 08:05PM
Love to see a vid Keith of u in one of ur iron sites and hear the tones and how it unlocks
March 27, 2018 06:31PM
DeepTech Vista Gold Gain and HP Elliptical Coil equals an amazing combination.

Yesterday was a brilliant day in many ways, not only was the sun shining but the machine showed me its true measure of performance.

The HP Elliptical Coil is not like its big brother the 11" Pitbull, but more of a precision tool for the VGG.
For starters it's the way if feels when swinging across the rotten stubble, it's lighter than the Pitbull so that's a big plus right away, then you have its high stability level, I can literally have the Gain and Sensitivity at full also the boost on and still clearly distinguish between ghost signals and good in normal soil conditions.

I've always liked a hot running machine when searching productive sites for the reasons you see in the photos and that's to catch the smallest of items.

If a site of full of trashy items then I prefer to run a machine more dossal so I'm not finding scraps of crap targets constantly but leaning more for the average coin sized stuff.

The Standard 11" Pitbull Coil that you get with the VGG is deeper for sure, but its not as focused as HP Elliptical, with the Pitbull you and the machine are taking in way more soil information compared to the HP Coil that can slight blur targets in some cases.
To make it a little easier to understand it's like giving a juggler 10 balls to manage instead of 4, hence he has to concentrate that bit harder on what he is doing.
With the HP Elliptical having to concentrate on less of the soil feedback and more of the metallic content in the soil it becomes a truly sharp tool for the VGG.

This coil really grabs hold of signals and lets you know they are there, sometimes depending on the items size and depth the machine may produce mixed audio initially but then it's down to you to work the target from all angles and home in on its predominant audio and make your mind up.
Personally I like to run a minimal amount of Disc when in a good area and this really does help to catch the smallest of items, if a trashy site or lots of Coke and lead then I run the Disc on the red dot to give me more audio description on undesirable targets but leave them at your loss.

This great match up of Coil and machine really served me well in the field, so much I didn't want to leave, great days Detecting for sure.

To sum up the HP Elliptical Coil.

After sometime in the field with it I personally think it's the best Coil for the Vista Gold Gain and makes an amazing second choice when buying an additional Coil for the VGG.

Build Quality is brilliant
It's super sensitive and stable
Easy to swing all day long even without the arm strap I personally find.
Also looks good what is nice.

A great asset for your VGG for sure.

March 27, 2018 06:36PM
Hey Ziggy great info!!!

If coil can dissect better than Pitbull and has close to same depth I'll have to have one..

I'm really wanting the 5 inch to be built...The Super 6 inch is stellar but I know that 5" can eek a few more items behind the S6.!!

Excellent finds..!!

Is that a Tudor rose???AWESOME!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 27, 2018 06:51PM
ZIGGY ! You're killing me !

Whats the HP elliptical coil and where do I get one ? I have the 11 inch Pitbull and Super Six now.

You and Keith are the reason I got the VGG....so glad I did !

Thanks Lawrenzo !!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 06:54PM by therover61.
March 27, 2018 07:22PM
Looks like a heavily clipped Edward VI penny, 1550 ish, nice find Ziggy!

Keith Southern Wrote:
> Hey Ziggy great info!!!
>
> If coil can dissect better than Pitbull and has c
> lose to same depth I'll have to have one..
>
> I'm really wanting the 5 inch to be built...The Su
> per 6 inch is stellar but I know that 5" can eek a
> few more items behind the S6.!!
>
> Excellent finds..!!
>
> Is that a Tudor rose???AWESOME!!
>
> Keith
March 27, 2018 07:32PM
Excellent finds there Zig-man thumbs down

Great write up on the coil/s too. Thanks for sharing.
March 27, 2018 08:35PM
ghound Wrote:
> Looks like a heavily clipped Edward VI penny, 1550
> ish, nice find Ziggy!
>
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey Ziggy great info!!!
> >
> > If coil can dissect better than Pitbull and has
> c
> > lose to same depth I'll have to have one..
> >
> > I'm really wanting the 5 inch to be built...The
> Su
> > per 6 inch is stellar but I know that 5" can eek
> a
> > few more items behind the S6.!!
> >
> > Excellent finds..!!
> >
> > Is that a Tudor rose???AWESOME!!
> >
> > Keith

Charles 1st Half Penny 1625 ish the smallest hammered produced on our shores

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 08:36PM by sanjuro.
March 28, 2018 05:30PM
Here's a question asked to me somewhere else but thought I would add it here.

Quote:
Hi Keith. I have been thinking of upgrading from a Gold to a Gain. You talk of the improved audio, as others have, but I wonder if you could be more specific as to the differences.
I've not used a Warrior, and value your opinion on these machines. Quote

The Audio of the Gain is akin to the Smart and Warrior...What I see with that is the audio is how should I say more descriptive and Tighter feeling.

When it locks onto something good even a intermingled target it has more intelligence in the report..The rise and fall of the non ferrous targets audio report is well rounded sounding inside the iron iron grunts that may be coming in at the same time.

This is where the Gain will open your eyes...in a sea of iron ..non stop grunts and and falsing iron sounds...there will be a report come through and it may only be a report that repeats say 90 degrees out of 360 rotation of target but that report is so clean and tight and nuanced you have to investigate it...and USUALLY there's a target intermingled in the hole with alot of iron...This is where the eye opening is ..the ability to lock onto a smidgen of a peek and make you want to go after where on say other machines that PROCESSES audio digitally it may not have enough intelligence to make it seem better than just the sea of bippity high tone iron false..The warrior and smart have this audio too but they are not coupled to the higher freq that is inherently more reactive to masked targets in iron...Combine audio with higher freq and you have a great iron sifter..I Like it better than ANY of the world class sifters in iron..the best may see targets too but the Gain slaps you in the face with the audio intelligence it provides to make you investigate what others may not...

Maybe that makes more sense??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla