Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Multi Kruzer Info as of right now

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Multi Kruzer Info as of right now
January 27, 2018 02:01AM
I'll hold off on any Performance info till the finalized version is completed.

Yet I can say if you wanted a waterproof lightweight Impact then this is the ticket.

And that leads to things I will talk about.

Fit and Finish is Par Excellence...Not really sure where you can get this kind of QUALITY attention to detail..Other manufacturers should take note of the EXCELLENT build of the unit...Not even sure theres a machine made or been made that has the ruggedness and Finish the Multi Kruzer has. maybe the CTX housing is close..but for some reason the Kruzer just has a more polished fit..

Housing is enveloped in a rubberized shock proof type housing think permanent Otter Box phone cover feel wrapping the housing for bumps and scrapes.Housing has series of stainless screws holding the unit together around the edge of the housing...(Like a CTX uses).Huge bright LCD screen and rubberized buttons...Solid thick comfortable hand grip for a lifetime of use..Armrest superb and unbreakable type flex material..its high on the sides and in a U-Shape for a snug feel..This is a S-Pole like Racers have with stronger cam locks and carbon fiber lower shaft for no flex in water..Machine feels really light and has on board rechargeable batteries that so far has lasted me about 15 hours or so on a charge( will be less on low freq)..There's also a OPTIONAL emergency battery pod that in my opinion is well thought out..4 AAs that are slid into a flashlight type tube that then connects to charge port on back of housing using waterproof fitting's...The bottom of the armrest is unique in that it has a slot under it that the battery pod can fit in and there's a clamping device with two thumb screws to lock it into place and that clamp device has stand built into it to still allow for a stand..if you don't use the pod the regular armrest also has built in stand..The charging port is also where the optional waterproof headphones screw in since its a multi pin connector..So if using the emergency charger the battery pod will screw into the jack via cable and then on the battery pod there's a jack for the headphones to connect from under elbow..Yet if you charge before a hunt I'm sure you'll give out before the detector..But its a Plus to have a emergency option..

The Faceplate buttons are very tactile and feel solid and seem very rugged not a thin membrane but thick and surely will last for years..There's no flashlight on this model but it does have the vibration sensor..

The coil is epoxy filled and same style as Impact Stock coil.

The coil cable and Headphone cable also have as a preventive measure once screwed on a neoprene type rubber boot that slides over connectors to keep sand and dirt out of the fittings and threads..

Everything is contained inside the housing and for the all weather hunter and surely the water guys who want Impact/Racer performance in those environs will appreciate the unit..I know when I had my Racers in the ocean waves I couldn't get out to far as I was scared of a rogue splash Yet was impressed with the Racers ability to handle Salt water and still see smaller conductors in the gulf unlike most VLFS it worked above average in the SaltI even managed a small child's 14Kt gold ring in the surf...The Kruzer for me then would of been a welcome step..and Here it is now..Yet now with added features to make it hotter on gold with the higher freq..And that reminds me the switching of freqs has no lag like on the Impact it just jumps to the next freq instantly..Don't even hear the relay clicking like on the Impact...

I've asked for some tweaks and others maybe too? so I'll hold off on final performance thoughts...YET I will say it's as Good as a Impact for dissecting and depth..Mode to mode.

Bottom line is if you want a Waterproof machine with the Mak/Nok Proven in field performance you've already seen on land then this is one WELL built TOUGH machine...Should set a bar for build quality...Too bad all of our expensive electronic detectors aren't built for environments we put them in.

To me RIGHT NOW I can grab the Multi Kruzer and feel like if I'm leaving the Impact or Racer at home I'm not losing any performance...and I like the way it feels, the best feel of the whole line.LOVE THE ARMREST FINALLY!!!!..and I like the peace of mind of no dust/rain/Dirt and I can hit the beach maybe once or twice the year...and I get unmasking everywhere.

Ill report more on the performance as time goes on..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: My Multi Kruzer Info as of right now
January 27, 2018 02:13AM
Thanks for the rundown on build quality Keith thumbs down
January 27, 2018 02:07PM
Agreed keith, glad to hear!
January 27, 2018 02:41PM
"Yet I can say if you wanted a waterproof light weight Impact then this is the ticket".

thumbs down. Thanks Keith!
January 27, 2018 03:04PM
Sounds like a really nice unit. Nokta/Makro are really improving in quick leaps and bounds. Its going to be Multi Kruzer VS Equinox 800 VS the rest. Let the games begin...
January 27, 2018 03:15PM
Keith - Thank you. Looking forward to your testing.. I appreciate that Nokta/Makro pays a lot attention to the small details.
January 27, 2018 07:15PM
Keith, you wonderfully bluntly described the Kruzer to a tee.
Finding the same as I compare the Kruz to the Impact.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 27, 2018 07:41PM
Keith you echo my findings thus far on the Multi Kruzer.

I'm still testing the machine and trying to get weekender roadtrip together to detect some old relic sites that require hours of windscreen time to reach, but from all the sites I've detected thus far (salt water beach, turf, and relic sites), it performs as well (better in the 4-TONE mode) or better then my Impact and Racer 2.
January 30, 2018 12:25AM
Thanks
January 30, 2018 07:08PM
Will the coil cable be inside or outside of the rods?
January 30, 2018 07:42PM
Bam! There you go.
January 30, 2018 09:08PM
As a fellow tester I agree with your observations Keith. I think there will be a lot of happy Kruzer owners. Not sure about those beach guys though LOL.? Been some pretty impressive videos of the multi Kruzer in wet sand and black sand but they refused to believe a VLF can get any kind of decent depth.
January 31, 2018 03:40AM
Outside cable location..

Solid coil connection 5 pin style ..alot easier to hookup than most any water machine..as easy as any land detector connection really.

Should be a slew of coils of choose from!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
cjc
February 02, 2018 10:20PM
I agree, Keith--superb build--winter here but testing this detector I'm seeing Impact performance and fidelity--it will be great to test in the water. The 19 kHz mode certainly proved itself with the Impact--great gold set up--best I've seen in a VLF. I'm also very excited about the high-mineral "switch" (EUD)'s potential in my black sand beaches here. The Impact already showed what this platform can do in black sand last year--Im sure the Kruzer will do the same down in the trenches where the gold is. I'm also very impressed with the EMI suppression of both the Impact and the Kruzer. They're the only machines I've ever been able to test in my basement--furnace running on one side--house panel on the other! Very well-shielded coils and housing which equals great salt performance. Great job, Makro / Nokta!
PS model I have is a tester, not the production model--I've also suggested a few small tweaks.
cjc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 10:45PM by cjc.
February 14, 2018 01:56AM
Any timeline on one of your test videos on the Kruzer???
February 14, 2018 02:02AM
Clive is in Snowdom as I am, I'm only a couple hours away from him. We'll have to wait on Keith?

===========================================================================
Kruzers Shipped from the Dutch distributor------European customers have just rec'd their units, impressed and ready to go hunting....

Follow hunting reports at the facebook group Makro Kruzer Metal Detector Users Forum https://www.facebook.com/groups/360971111038422/

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me