Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which one to buy Impact, Kruzer or Equinox?

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Which one to buy Impact, Kruzer or Equinox?
February 06, 2018 07:07AM
If you want any of the 3 you listed wait 3-4 weeks and I'm sure there will be some slightly used ones on the classifieds for sale at discounted prices. I have seen this happen many times before and I about guarantee it will happen again.
February 06, 2018 07:37AM
With dealers only getting 1 to 3 units in this first initial wave of Equinox machines, I wouldn't doubt there will be some people listing them for sale at steep prices til the supply catches up with the demand, and people jumping to get them because they can't wait.

I'm interested in both the Kruzer and Equinox. I am partial to Minelab though. I'm a fanboy of their products for sure. But won't discount the Kruzer. When I get back on my feet, I will probably have both before it's over.
February 06, 2018 08:17AM
Daniel I am going to sit back and wait and see what everyone's thoughts are on the Equinox. I am currently using a Explorer SE Pro and in order to get a Equinox I will have to trade it in for one the Explorer SE Pro is a heck of a machine and unless I am liking what I see on YouTube and read about them on the forums is going to be the deciding factor as to whether I get one or not.
February 06, 2018 11:55PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One thing I've learned about metal detectors in my
> limited time of detecting is that what works for o
> ne person will not necessarily work for another pe
> rson because your soil is different, the sites you
> like to detect are different, and everybody learns
> and interprets things in a different manner.
>
> I understand that not everybody has the ability to
> buy and try every detector that peaks their intere
> st.
>
> It seems like there could be a business opportuni
> ty for somebody to be able to mail order rent dete
> ctors, it would be a fraction of the price of the
> buy and try method with a minimal loss of finances
> if you find the machine doesn't work for you. Per
> haps you could even have the option to buy the mac
> hine if you find out it's the cats meow for you.
>
> It could be somewhat similar to the camera lens re
> ntal business. I see a potential business opportun
> ity in my future ha ha

You might add. Does anyone nowadays use and hang on to a detector long enough to learn it or so is said to bond with and understand what the unit is telling you. Folks don't seem to do that anymore. They just want the so called, newest and bestest machine ever to come along, proven to be or not, ones not even on the market yet that they swear is the best ever. Its gotten more about the detector than the reason for a detector.
February 07, 2018 12:01AM
Bill you might be right, I ordered a new Multi Kruzer just had to try one as I liked my Racer 2.
February 07, 2018 12:39AM
Frank in NH Wrote:
> Bill you might be right, I ordered a new Multi Kru
> zer just had to try one as I liked my Racer 2.

I understand that Frank. I'm thinking about ordering the T2 plus cause it might be a tad bit better than the 3 t2s I already have. These manufacturers and their marketing departments have got us by the balls.thumbs down
February 07, 2018 05:10AM
Good luck with that Frank. Im gonna stick with the 3D, Gold Bug and a few others. Cant justify buying one of those fancy detectors as I dont get out like I used too. But I do like seeing what others find with them.
February 07, 2018 01:22PM
personally, I wouldnt even consider the impact unless you get a smokin’deal on one. Nokta/makro completely destroyed the value of one with the Kruzer. They did the same thing to a lesser extent with the racer/racer2 and I remember feeling the same way when I couldnt sell my racer without taking a hosing on it.

Personally, from what I saw from Steve H. and Brandon, I sold off my racer and racer2 and am patiently waiting for my nox.
February 07, 2018 03:57PM
bigboar Wrote:
> personally, I wouldnt even consider the impact unl
> ess you get a smokin’deal on one. Nokta/makro comp
> letely destroyed the value of one with the Kruzer.
> They did the same thing to a lesser extent with th
> e racer/racer2 and I remember feeling the same way
> when I couldnt sell my racer without taking a hosi
> ng on it.
>
Dear Bigboar, I am not responding to this post to change how you feel about our products but I feel like I must make something clear...

First of all, when we first announced the merger of Nokta & Makro Detectors, our announcement included the following lines ...''We will not only offer a richer product portfolio to our customers but address the whole market demand with products at different price levels....'' and this is still part of our goal today.

Second, when we released the Racer, we got tons and tons of feedbacks from end users asking for different settings, features etc and we did our best to offer that in the Racer 2… then came the Impact, our most advanced unit (and it still is today) with 12 different search modes offering a very powerful and versatile detector. Meanwhile, customers have been asking us to offer a waterproof unit at an affordable price…. So we did it…

If you look at the manufacturers in any industry today, whether it is the cars or cell phones, they constantly offer new products because development is an ongoing process and demands and needs differ from individual to individual, country to country…

Now, if as a manufacturer we are to be blamed for listening to our customers and for developing products and offering them pretty fast, then yes we are guilty ….but also very proud given the fact that 2 of the models listed in the title of this thread belongs to our company.

Thank you!
February 07, 2018 07:36PM
~Dilek just dropped the mic.
February 07, 2018 07:51PM
dave_e Wrote:
> ~Dilek just dropped the mic.

Love it smileys with beer

She must be the busiest, most plugged in person in the detecting industry thumbs down
February 07, 2018 08:33PM
LMFAO, Nice one Dilek smileys with beer
February 07, 2018 08:52PM
touché, well put Dilek...
February 07, 2018 08:57PM
rofl....touche what?

what I spoke is the TRUTH.... just look in the for sale section....

I simply stated I thought a person shouldnt buy an impact when they can get the multi Kruzer.... I cant help it that it was taken personal....lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 09:34PM by bigboar.
February 08, 2018 06:49AM
bigboar Wrote:
> .... I remember feeling the same way when I couldn't sell my racer without taking a hosing on it.
>

Nothing like compared to my about worthless F75 LTD2, and sadly it wasn't because FTP came out with anything new and innovative, it was simply a marketing shell game of re-badging, and fire sale price reductions that obsoleted my F75 LTD that I paid $1200 for new and dumped another $300 into for the LTD2 upgrade.... anyone want a hell of a deal on a "slightly used" F75 LTD2 confused smiley