Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT Pro/AT Max coil interchangability

Posted by choppadude 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT Pro/AT Max coil interchangability
February 05, 2018 10:25PM
Lots of confusing info out there whether the AT Pro coils are designed to also be used on the AT Max and vice versa. I know that the CAN be used but are they designed to give you the best performance? The AT Pro operated on 15kHz whereas the AT max operates on 13.6 kHz.
If you look at some of the aftermarket coils they sate that you cannot use their coil from the AT Pro on the AT Max so there must be something different enough that it would affect then performance.
Re: AT Pro/AT Max coil interchangability
February 05, 2018 10:43PM
February 05, 2018 10:46PM
In my use of the AT-PRO and AT-GOLD the 2 best coils that I used on them was the 2 that Garrett made which is the 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils. Trust me I tried a NEL Sharp a Tornado and 13" Ultimate and I didn't see any better performance over the Garrett coils.
February 06, 2018 05:14AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my use of the AT-PRO and AT-GOLD the 2 best coi
> ls that I used on them was the 2 that Garrett made
> which is the 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils. Trust me I t
> ried a NEL Sharp a Tornado and 13" Ultimate and I
> didn't see any better performance over the Garrett
> coils.

I feel the same. I had a NEL Tornado too for the AT Pro and wasn't particularly impressed.
February 06, 2018 06:16PM
Not everything is made equal, I guess. I got the stock and the 5 x 8 coils with my A T Pro and I couldn't hit a coin past 5" deep with the 5 x 8. Ended up giving the Sharpshoot a try and it gets considerably better depth. HH jim tn
February 08, 2018 04:00AM
Jim I never used the Sharpshooter on the AT-PRO I had but if it works as good as the one I had on my T2 Classic I'm sure it's a very good coil on the AT-PRO.