Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

need a new machine for thick iron

Posted by squarenail_cache 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
need a new machine for thick iron
April 01, 2014 01:32PM
Thinking from tek either an omega 8000 eurotek pro or a g2 or from garett an at pro or at gold
Re: need a new machine for thick iron
April 01, 2014 02:26PM
Of the ones you mentioned...

the G2 will be the best against the others..

When comparing it to the Omega or eurotek the freq alone will make more finds in iron..

When comparing to the AT series it is slightly better in that it has the ability to see smaller thinner objects in thick iron due to coil design and processor speed..it uses its speed to advantage here..yet the AT series is also very good..but uses blend ability more than separation and recovery speed..

if you go to European machines a GMP or DTVG will be the top picks..

Keith
April 01, 2014 04:01PM
tEI had thought about a dtvg but i know they have had some coil issues and i wld rather have a usa made machine at least for now
April 01, 2014 04:59PM
Not knowing exactly what thick iron is (big or many small), if you are looking for relics or coins (both?) or what you are used to hunting with- here goes: I have a Gold Bug Pro with 5x10 coil that does very well and is a super easy machine to set up and run well, so amen on the G2. I just picked up a new Deus and it has a reputation for seeing between trash and iron, but I am too new to it to recommend it yet. The Deus is crazy configurable but mind numbing number of options and 3x the price. I've seen good to great results with AT Pros in iron, waterproof to 10 feet and a most worthy mid price range detector. I am a major fan of KS and his expertise so I am just throwing my two cents in with reluctance and not disagreeing with him, he is the man!
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 01, 2014 05:47PM
Hi,,,Personally speaking if you already have a machine I would be happy and just run that for now.....Don't forget the new Fisher F-19 is supposed to come out in June, rather it be good or bad....I would wait and see if that might be the one to get....JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2014 06:09PM by jimmyjiver.
April 02, 2014 11:22AM
I have a feeling that the along with the iron volume, the F-19's big thing will be an enhanced audio for hunting in machine gun iron. Sweet and intelligible. We can only hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 11:23AM by Jackpine.
April 02, 2014 11:59AM
Teknetics Eurotek Pro with 11" dd coil or 5x10 coil or a AT-Pro or AT-Gold with 5x8" coil work well in iron.
April 02, 2014 04:37PM
Hello Square-nail,

With the machines you mentioned, Have owned both the AT Pro and currently still have the AT Gold. The AT Gold has done well in iron patches so it's a keeper plus it's waterproof, Funny thing about the AT-Gold when back yard testing with coins and square nails it does ok but out in old settlements laced with iron it makes creditable recovery's.

The AT Gold is good, Priced right and has an all-metal feature great for mineralized dirt or tough fresh water black sand.

Keith mentioned the European machines a GMP or DTVG, Have to agree those two are wonderful machines strictly made for relic hunting. That's about the only area these can be used only with the GMP one can use it for gold jewelry hunting parks and such because of the 3-tone feature.

The Deus, It's a great machine once one get's to understanding the features and that will take time. Luckily, Picked up a GMP about 2-3 months ago and glad I did it prepared me for the Deus and when comparing the two seen the Deus (GoldMaxx Power) preset program on the Deus is not comparable to the actual GMP. So I made some adjustments on the Deus (GoldMaxx Power) program and resaved it to the Deus as (GMP2) program, Now with the Deus if I want to run with the same like performance as the GMP will select the saved (GMP2) program.

What I did was changed a few settings on the GoldMaxx Power program, here they are for those that own a Deus.

Features to change and resave with the Deus Preset (GoldMaxx Power Program)

(1) Lower Disc from 6.8 down to 5
(2) Lower Silencer 2 to Silencer -1
(3) Increase Reactivity 2 up too level 3

What this did was get the Deus to operate like a GMP, The Disc level is too high for peeking between iron and that applies with the Deus Fast Program as well it's too high a level 5 disc is better. So if one wants the same separation same performance same audio just as if you were running a GMP make these changes. Only, now you have Target ID which gives the Deus user an edge over the GMP. Less iron digging with the Deus because with the GMP some of those trickily iron signals that sound good on the high iron range will now show in the upper left horseshoe area and ID as iron between 4-5.

Didn't meant to get off track here with the Deus, But it's a neat machine and those that are new to the Deus may want to try these settings.

Good luck with your future iron machine, The F-19 sounds to be a good one and bet it will be priced right too.

Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 04:38PM by Old California.