Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone used the Pirate, The Black Pearl ??????

Posted by Michael296 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone used the Pirate, The Black Pearl ??????
February 11, 2018 05:27AM
I have been viewing this machine and to say the least, Quite intrigued with it. KCO has it with only the 11 inch DD for 549.00. Just would really like to hear from anyone who may be familiar with or used one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 05:30AM by Michael296.
Re: Anyone used the Pirate, The Black Pearl ??????
February 11, 2018 02:31PM
The Pirate Black Devil Pro is one of my favorite Bulgarian Machines. As deep as the Deeptech with many coils to chose from. Very fast processor, automatic or manual ground balance and single or two tone audio. Runs on 10AA batteries or rechargeable and you can change them. The secret to it's depth is to be sure you run a slight threshold. My friend is the owner of Thrace Metal Detectors. Check him out and register for discounts. I love the 7 inch coil. Plenty deep and picks out the good targets in iron nail beds. Remember this detector will only disc. up to foil so I would not recommend it for park hunting.
February 11, 2018 02:43PM
Look good too and are priced reasonably. I have also dealt with Thrace Metal Detectors, fast shipment, excellent service.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 08, 2018 02:43AM
kellyco has it for 349.95 at the moment. I'm interested to hear more feedback..
September 08, 2018 03:34AM
For that price I think I will go ahead and pull the trigger. Still can't get straight the 3 to 28 KHz operation. I an not yet find out about choosing freq or do you buy different coils as some of their other machines have that option
September 08, 2018 03:42AM
Keep us updated!
September 08, 2018 04:44PM
The Black Pearl is not the same machine as the Pirate Black Devil Pro

if you get one let us know how it performs thumbs down

PS
still waiting for George to sell that Pirate Pro he beat me to the punch on about 2 yrs back!
September 09, 2018 06:43PM
After contacting Pirate detectors and asking what freq the Black Pearl operates at, ( The return response was 7 to 28 KHz ...)..
Not sure if it runs preselected freqs for each program or if they just want to stay vague...
Either way I purchased one of them through K-Co and also ordered the 9 inch DD from Pirate Detectors.
That is currently the smallest coil offering for the Black Pearl.
After listening to video presentations, the sounds like it was responding to multiple targets a LOT like an AT Pro. Very mixed target reports or real time sound. Not like FTP snapshots.
Time will tell.
September 09, 2018 09:20PM
Take a look [md-hunter.com]

I do know someone who bought the Fortuna M machine and he said it was a decent metal detector.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2018 11:32PM by Sven1.
September 10, 2018 01:11AM
I have a feeling that this machine is a form of BBS or FBS tech.
He told me 7 to 28 KHz and that freq can not be selected or changed.
I just can not find much of anything on this model on the Net.

I like the screen a lot better on that Futuna M machine. Larger and better contrast

Anyway, my fingers are crossed and hopes are high.
September 29, 2018 02:09PM
Hi Michael - Just wondering if you had a chance to test your Black Pearl
September 29, 2018 02:21PM
hi, there is a french reseller of it who made video on youtube of a close one the sg 7 22 from pirate [www.youtube.com]
, i dont know what to think... i think it falsing and the depth is not this big on wet sand . Be carefull on bulgarian detector if you dont see a lot of video there might a be reason ( i just brought a bulgarian md and had to return it has it was very bad).
September 30, 2018 10:15AM
Never had an issue with any of my Bulgarian detectors. Several are analog which I prefer over digital. Chose carefully Grasshopper!
September 30, 2018 11:28AM
texkinzee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Never had an issue with any of my Bulgarian detect
> ors. Several are analog which I prefer over digita
> l. Chose carefully Grasshopper!

I agree. I have had a few of the DeepTech detectors and like them alot. And from what I have read their customer service is great.
September 30, 2018 12:36PM
Some are good , but the most review you get by somebody else than a shop or the brand the better chance you have to be happy with what you get and not get fooled by marketing trick , remember there's crook selling md has modernised dowsing, so they could be selling regular looking detector too and adverstising crazy perfomance. Not enough review = you take a big risk add to that a big tag price and it could be an expensive mistake, think reselling too, the more it knowed the easier the resell will be.