NCWayne - here's my gold coin/s per your request thumbs down
February 19, 2018 11:23PM
I thought you were around when I posted the 1853 $1 gold find found w/the Deus on one of my ghost-town hunts? It was about 3 yrs ago. Bent, holed (someone pounded a square nail thru it) and scratchy looking but she's a keeper thumbs down

Found up near the edge of the field close to the road at about 4 inches or so deep. Read like scrap/junk 30s signal in nails one tone above nails/iron and kept a scratchy weak but repeatable hit and being where I was = is why I dug!

It's my 2nd gold coin find since I started diggin in 1977 at 14 yrs old (keep scrolling past the 1st 2 pics for my 1st one).

This was the very 1st gold piece/coin I ever dug. I found it in the spring of 2005 (after 28 yrs of diggin) I finally found my 1st one (1909 $5 Injun gold) in a yard where an old victorian home still stands along a cobblestone path leading up to the back/side of the house. The house belonged to a local lumber baron guy (someone who was heavily invested in and profited from lumber being cut/sold in the area). I was using a Garrett GTI 2500 running coin/jewelry mode and it hit loud and clear like a nickle at about 5 - 6 inches deep. When I popped the plug and this fell out = I almost sxit my pants!

Re: NCWayne - here's my gold coin/s per your request thumbs down
February 20, 2018 12:29AM
Thanks, Wayne! I did say possibly due to short memory and that is probably the reason, but anybody's gold coin (in your case coinS) is certainly worth another look or more. Awesome finds! Maybe 2018 will bring you a 3rd one. If so, I called it.
Do you still have both coins?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 20, 2018 01:00AM
Still have the $1 because I keep it for testing purposes but sold the $5 along with a bunch of other stuff long ago and bought a nice Jeep for cash grinning smiley
February 20, 2018 01:54AM
You never forget the moments of unearthing a golden disc! That indian gold coin series is one of the better looking coins we made IMHO.
February 20, 2018 02:25AM
The incused ½ eagle Indian Chief coin is my favorite, I had to buy mine...
February 20, 2018 02:42AM
Hombre -- Me too. I have taken to buying gold coins. I only have 3 for now and more to soon be added. $1, $2.5, and a $5. The $2.5 and $5 Indian are my favorites.
February 20, 2018 11:10AM
Hombre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The incused ½ eagle Indian Chief coin is my favori
> te, I had to buy mine...

I agree with you Hombre.... If they made all coins like that, I believe they would not wear as badly....
February 20, 2018 01:45PM
Luv the Indian gold coins--bought the complete set when gold was 250/oz..
February 20, 2018 03:38PM
The $10 injun golds and the $20 liberties are my favs but man they’re expensive these days!
February 20, 2018 11:23PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not fair you finding two though!!!!

I like that Pontiac indian head...Man the Indian head 5 dollar is my favorite ..the way it pops nothing like it!!!

Congrat's on those!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 21, 2018 06:52AM
Love seeing those found gold coins.
Thanks for posting.
February 23, 2018 02:50AM
Digs_alot Wrote:
> Love seeing those found gold coins.
> Thanks for posting.

Thanks Digs

I'm surprised you haven't happened upon one out there where you hunt though (or maybe you have?).

Keith Southern Wrote:
>
>
>NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Not fair you finding two though!!!!

>I like that Pontiac indian head...Man the Indian head 5 dollar is my favorite ..the way it pops nothing like it!!!

>Congrat's on those!!

>Keith

Thanks pal,,, but I'm tellin ya = you're gonna dig one of those nice/rare Dahlonega pieces one of these days and make us all envious grinning smiley