Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Spanish Trail produces OLD SILVER, RARE BUTTON and Relics

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Spanish Trail produces OLD SILVER, RARE BUTTON and Relics
February 21, 2018 02:49AM
Follow along as I hunt the Spanish Trail and find OLD SILVER, a RARE BUTTON, interesting relics and more using the Makro Multi Kruzer !!!

[youtu.be]

HH,
Cal
Re: Spanish Trail produces OLD SILVER, RARE BUTTON and Relics
February 21, 2018 03:20AM
Nice digs Brian. Love the Phoenix buttons!
February 21, 2018 04:31AM
Great video Brian and nice digs. Haven't seen a P button for awhile. Been over a year since I dug my last one.thumbs down Didn't hear or seen Tom in the background.

El
February 21, 2018 04:39AM
Great video! You guys are doing great out there.
February 21, 2018 06:14AM
Thanks gents thumbs down

El Tom was there, he did some videos with his patent pending "hat cam" but he's so tied up with other projects, that I didn't get the video in time to incorporate it into the one I'd already put together. Hoping he has some usable footage so we can put another one together, because he made some great finds on the trip smileys with beer
February 21, 2018 07:27AM
Congrats on your P button and old silver coin find.
February 21, 2018 04:37PM
Nice finds Cal! Thanks again for taking the time on the videos.

Was that 3 or 4 tone mode we were hearing?
February 21, 2018 05:15PM
Sorry I didn't get my pix and videos to you in time for your video. Sheesk, you had it complete in 2 days, while I was still unpacking and playing catch up at work, haha. My finds on the trip were two 1873 P dimes . What are the odds that they'd be same year & mint, from two separate sites, haha. And some interesting doohickeys that are going to need some ID's from some forumites here.
February 21, 2018 06:34PM
Cal, I cannot say strongly enough how jealous I am of how buttons come out of the soil where you hunt. You have to get really really lucky around here to not have them all corroded. Beautiful button !
February 21, 2018 09:04PM
TabZilla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice finds Cal! Thanks again for taking the time on the videos.
>
> Was that 3 or 4 tone mode we were hearing?

I was using the 4-TONE mode for relic hunting with the GAIN @ 97, that's why it's so sparky sounding.

On my Impact and Racers before, 3-TONE (Di3) was my go to relic hunting search mode, but I'm finding the reworked MK 4-TONE to be outstanding for relic hunting.

Park hunting....that's an entirely different story.
February 21, 2018 09:18PM
Rod-PA Wrote:
> Cal, I cannot say strongly enough how jealous I am of how buttons come out of the soil where you hunt
> . You have to get really really lucky around here to not have them all corroded. Beautiful button !

This particular site has very arid, dry, loamy sandy soil. The ground appears to be neutral, no mineralization, aside from wild animals there's no cows, sheep, etc, so you can obtain ultimate depth, and anything non-iron comes out in beautiful condition, darn near like the day it was lost.

Just down the road from there is another site (old stage stop) and they graze cattle there, and certain areas are swampy. Coins, buttons, and other relics can come out pretty hosed there in my experience. The soils a bit different, but I've always figured that likely the cows urinating are actually what causes the targets to get messed up. I just googled that, and according to the all knowing google the average cow produces 3.5 gal. (13.2 liters) of Urine daily. So just imagine a cow letting loose over your killer seated dime, reale, button, etc., and I'm sure over the years the cows have literally hosed the targets over, and over again. I wish all of the places we detect were like the first site, although it is loaded with old rusty soldered cans, tin, and nails. The nails aren't a problem, but the cans and flat tin will drive you crazy. That's why in the videos I do there, it's challenging to get complete live digs, because after digging 20 pieces of junk, you eventually get tired of wasting so much time filming that, and just cut to the chase when something interesting surfaces. I wish I'd filmed a few of the coins and buttons dug there before digging so folks could get a better idea of how the Kruzer sounds and TIDs them, but at a certain point it's just not worth the effort.
February 22, 2018 08:19PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
I wish I'd filmed a few of the coins and butt
> ons dug there before digging so folks could get a
> better idea of how the Kruzer sounds and TIDs them
> , but at a certain point it's just not worth the e
> ffort.

Yes. We did not do a comprehensive job in this dept, as we had done on previous trips to other locations. Reason was: Too much iron soldered cans and cast-iron giving us fits in this location. So we got tired of doing "before" shots. Doh !

To the forumites here: I got all my pix & videos of finds from this trip to Brian now. Mine did contain a few before/during/after videos of the entire find-to-dig-to reveal sequence. But would only be of interest to someone wanting to see the Exp. II audio at work. I also had a sample video of the soldered cans that were giving us fits, showing how easily they fool our machines.

The footage is in Brian's hands now. Along with still photos of a few relicky items we hope to get some feedback/ ID's on. So everyone start bugging Brian now to get it in video form, haha. If he doesn't have time for it, I'll just post the still pictures. As I'm not too proficient on video making.
February 23, 2018 05:15PM
Brian - Still Waiting drinking smiley
February 23, 2018 05:52PM
Nice digs!
February 23, 2018 06:48PM
bug bug bug bug.

C'mon Brian, who's more important ? Your job and family ? Or us forumites ? bug bug bug

haha
February 23, 2018 08:39PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> bug bug bug bug.
>
> C'mon Brian, who's more important ? Your job and
> family ? Or us forumites ? bug bug bug
>
> haha

Keep bugging him Tom and I know what the video you shot is gonna look like when he posts it. Woops. LOL

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 24, 2018 01:30AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
> To the forumites here: I got all my pix & videos of finds from this trip to Brian now. Mine did c
> ontain a few before/during/after videos of the entire find-to-dig-to reveal sequence. But would on
> ly be of interest to someone wanting to see the Exp. II audio at work. I also had a sample video of
> the soldered cans that were giving us fits, showing how easily they fool our machines.
>
> The footage is in Brian's hands now. Along with still photos of a few relicky items we hope to get
> some feedback/ ID's on. So everyone start bugging Brian now to get it in video form, haha. If he
> doesn't have time for it, I'll just post the still pictures. As I'm not too proficient on video making.

Truth be told Tom missed his deadline to submit his videos and pictures. I tried to impress on him that I needed them within the first couple days after we returned from our trip as I would be super busy after that, but I guess he thinks that I have nothing better to do than sit at home twiddling my thumbs, staring at my email, simply waiting for Tom's slow ass to deliver his work. Unfortunately for him I actually have things to do - getting ready for a new baby coming in a couple of months, a new job starting in a week, a glass business to run on the side, and a honey do list longer than your Johnson haha spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 01, 2018 12:56AM
Nice find Cal
March 01, 2018 03:38AM
Well done! Awesome finds I might add. So far, how do you like the Kruzer vs Racer/Impact?

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 01, 2018 06:44PM
Pics would be great. I rarely watch videos.
March 02, 2018 02:11AM
Gannon Wrote:
> Well done! Awesome finds I might add. So far, how do you like the Kruzer vs Racer/Impact?

The Racer 2 was a fantastic machine for me and the sites I enjoy detecting. The Impact was also good, but for me, the ergonomics/weight were a problem, yet for others they didn't apparently have any issues with it.

The Kruzer is feather light, so you can swing it all day and night long without any issues. Now as far as features go, it's more like a waterproof Impact lite in the regard that it offers most of the same popular search modes on the Impact, and well it's lite smiling smiley 4-TONE is improved from the Impacts Di4 mode, with improved audio, and it's (IMHO) sparkier. I didn't find it to be an awesome park hunter in a park that's loaded with surface targets and you're trying to cherry pick deep conductors. Out of the gate it has FIVE search coils, and waterproof headphones, which is a bonus IMHO. The little coil is killer in iron.
March 02, 2018 02:12AM
Detectorist Wrote:
> Pics would be great. I rarely watch videos.

No problem.