Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Folks who ordered Equinox from Kellyco- a story here by someone

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Folks who ordered Equinox from Kellyco- a story here by someone
February 21, 2018 04:08AM
Saw this posted.
Would hate to see someone get their detector stolen.

kidlester;2897286
I was loading the dishwasher and heard something or somebody near the front door.
I opened the door and saw the delivery guy walking off and a box at my front door.
It was my nox 800.
If I was anywhere else in the house I would not have known it. He didn't even knock on the door. Just threw it down and was leaving.
It would have been outside all night in the bad weather were having here in central Texas.
Now, I am NOT trying to start a !!!! storm for Kellyco. I ordered the 800 from kellyco on 9/20/17. I received an e-mail from them today hinting on a shipment but no confirmation or tracking number. I wasn't expecting this at ALL, but am very surprised.
If you ordered from them early, make damn sure you are watching your front door!
HH!
Re: Folks who ordered Equinox from Kellyco- a story here by someone
February 21, 2018 01:12PM
The only way I know that Amazon or UPS is at my door is that my dog barks when a package hits the stoop. They just don't knock anymore. In too much of a hurry I guess due to an overload of internet orders and no extra drivers to deliver them.
February 21, 2018 02:19PM
I had a box stolen off my porch. I live in an estate setting with zero crime. Being retired I noticed a car and driver that would come thru and drive past the 15 houses in our community frequently never to stop. I got behind him one day as he made his rounds and got his plate number. Gave it to the local police and never seen him since. The box held a rare Eric Foster Goldscan 4 and I could not get a refund because the tracking number said delivered. Lots of roadside yard sales and weekend flee markets about. Maybe one day it will turn up.
February 21, 2018 03:51PM
The new Merican work ethic.
February 21, 2018 08:37PM
I was lucky one weekend , I was out of town and when I got home a detector was on my porch. It was not to be there till Mon. It had been there all day Sat. and Sun. It has got so you never know when things will come or when they are already there.
February 21, 2018 09:29PM
Flintstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was lucky one weekend , I was out of town and when I got home a detector was on my porch. It was not to be there till Mon. It had been there all day Sat. and Sun. It has got so you never know when things will come or when they are already there.

If you are expecting a package, all you have to do is monitor the tracking. Not sure but I think you can even have them text you once it's delivered.

Edit - I take it back. They might not have tracking if the package is drop shipped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 10:15PM by Badger in NH.
February 22, 2018 03:22AM
I always leave a note on a order confirmation when placing orders anywhere. Signature required for delivery. 90% of companies will not charge the extra dollar or 2 for signature verification
February 22, 2018 03:32AM
Ring video door bell. Always home. I use it a lot and have talked to UPS telling them to place it behind the porch chairs.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
February 22, 2018 07:16AM
I ordered a detector from Alberta to BC, it was just left at front door(paid 1200) yup will get signiture.
Not stolen but just wrong to leave it outside in view of anyone without even a door knock, happens often even with government mail workers.
February 22, 2018 01:23PM
I always track my packages. Have 2 coming today and asked neighbor to watch for me. When they left my 1000.00 Depth finder yesterday on my porch he rang door bell. I thought if its valued over 500 they had to get signature.
February 22, 2018 01:27PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always track my packages. Have 2 coming today an
> d asked neighbor to watch for me. When they left m
> y 1000.00 Depth finder yesterday on my porch he ra
> ng door bell. I thought if its valued over 500 the
> y had to get signature.

My Equinox did came Via UPS, no signature required.
This is some thing the sender can request. It may add a small fee, I don't know for sure.
Think USPS works this way too.

[www.stamps.com]

[www.ups.com]

[www.fedex.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 01:33PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 22, 2018 05:46PM
Semi related: I got an order from Amazon this week. They put it in my mailbox on Sunday and Monday was a holiday. Tuesday morning I happened to check online order status and saw it was delivered even though it was not due yet. I am just glad a detector won't fit in there! Of course I'll take my 'nox anyway I can get it!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 22, 2018 05:53PM
Paypal Seller protection requires signature over $750

Fedex requires signature for insured over $500

I'm not sure if UPS and USPS require a signature for insured amounts but in general, if it's worth enough you can't afford to lose it use insurance and signature.

If you sell enough items it's not worth paying for it all(signature/insurance) on lower dollar items. Just self-insure.