Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GEOTECH....question

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GEOTECH....question
February 21, 2018 11:51AM
Carl.... ive heard you have a great detector on the bench for us. What can you tell us about it.... and when might we get a peak of it. We going to see it rolled out this year? Am I correct its a Waterproof PI?
Re: GEOTECH....question
February 21, 2018 01:20PM
Yes I’ve been waiting to hear anything about this one! I want to get on the pre-preorder list lol.

John
February 21, 2018 02:43PM
dewcon, LOL!

Good question!

What do you think the chances are of getting an actual answer, though... smiling smiley drinking smiley LOL!

Steve
February 21, 2018 03:41PM
You know what they say Steve...never know if you dont ask buddy. This one could be the machine to have for water hunting. Maybe Carl will throw us a bone with an update.
February 21, 2018 03:51PM
Yes, there is a new PI in the works, that is no secret. It's not on my bench, rather it's designed by our guy in France, Alexandre. The electronics are done, we're just trying to get a decent (& waterproof) mechanical enclosure designed for it. At FTP, that's not a fast process, but neither is anything else we do. Spring is out; Summer is highly unlikely; Fall, maybe. No promises.
February 21, 2018 03:56PM
Can’t wait for this one thumbs down
cdv
February 21, 2018 04:01PM
Well Dew, looks like possibly in time for next winter.....just enough time to pay off the Equinox and save up for the Fisher PI.....

Thanks Carl......

Cliff
February 21, 2018 04:07PM
Here’s a video (in French) which I posted a while back of Alexandre’s bunch at a beach in Northern France with an earlier prototype “Manta”. Shows iron ID/rejection, iron “see through” and extreme black sand penetration. Long way from prototype to product however. But they aren’t kidding.

[m.youtube.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 21, 2018 05:42PM
I’ll be patiently waiting for this monster. Make sure it’s built to take the saltwater environment. maybe incorporate that abrasion resistant plastic from the new pinpointers, use marine grade ss hardware and don’t forget to make the strain relief/ coil cable tough. My funds will be ready when this machine is ready.

John
February 21, 2018 05:50PM
That's the plan.
February 21, 2018 05:55PM
Note to FT mkt. Dept: Have your guy jumping from airplane and landing on Nox chute,thus causing a Nox "Streamer" while FT guy makes a Stand Up.
February 21, 2018 08:01PM
Carl.... thank you for bringing us up to date.... no doubt top dog plans for this one. Us water guys need a GREAT PI. Tom... cant thank you enough buddy for reviews, contributing, and allowing a lot of new detectors to be introduced here. No filtering..... we get it like it is from some highly qualified GURUS. Actually. .. the fall is a great time for us water guys. Recent drop is winding down so we start looking for movement and older deeper targets. Great time to play with a new machine that you slow down and work an area.
February 21, 2018 08:11PM
A PI system with functional discrimination would be great.

I'm not up on PI machines because where we live they're not super useful for relic hunting iron infested sites due to their inability to disc out iron. I understand that there has been some attempts to make discriminating PI machines in the past, but the discrimination function was useless.

What makes this French FTP "Manta" system different in it's ability to utilize usable discrimination? I guess put differently, what was the obstacle to overcome in getting a discriminating PI machine to work?
February 22, 2018 02:30AM
Wow. I see a very good reason to wait for this one........... thanks for the update and timeline.
February 22, 2018 02:52AM
Sign me up to can't wait
February 22, 2018 03:58AM
What’s the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story?.... one starts with “once upon a time...” the other starts with “And this ain’t no ****”.

The Manta Project ain’t no fairy tale. If I’m wrong, I’ll buy a bussload of you folks a good Saturday lunch at the best Mexican Restaurant in Globe AZ (La Casita - and anybody who disputes my judgement in the matter is welcome to buy me lunch in their own favorite taco emporium in Globe!).

Alexandre is a serious engineer who has studied the entire development of PI detectors for treasure detection for decades. His refinement of the basic concepts which Eric Foster developed have produced a marvelous beach detector.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 03:59AM by lytle78.
February 22, 2018 06:07AM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note to FT mkt. Dept: Have your guy jumping from airplane and landing on Nox chute,thus causing a Nox "Streamer" while FT guy makes a Stand Up.

I'm thinking we'll hire Yves Rossy to fly it in.
February 22, 2018 08:43AM
Hip mountable please Carl. Make my day.. Really!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 22, 2018 09:25AM
WOW, much more of an answer than I expected! Guess I'm just used to the "tight-lipped-ness" of Minelab... LOL!!

Dewcon, you were right, my friend! Never hurts to ask!

Thanks for the update, Mr. Moreland.

Steve

Geotech Wrote:
> Yes, there is a new PI in the works, that is no se
> cret. It's not on my bench, rather it's designed b
> y our guy in France, Alexandre. The electronics ar
> e done, we're just trying to get a decent (& water
> proof) mechanical enclosure designed for it. At FT
> P, that's not a fast process, but neither is anyth
> ing else we do. Spring is out; Summer is highly un
> likely; Fall, maybe. No promises.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 09:26AM by steveg.
February 22, 2018 09:30AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Carl.... thank you for bringing us up to date....
> no doubt top dog plans for this one. Us water guy
> s need a GREAT PI. Tom... cant thank you enough b
> uddy for reviews, contributing, and allowing a lo
> t of new detectors to be introduced here. No filt
> ering..... we get it like it is from some highly q
> ualified GURUS.

VERY well stated, dewcon...

Steve
February 22, 2018 03:47PM
Serious about this one Steve...... its time for a GREAT PI made for salt water hunting. You know if it works for us relic, fiels and otheres will see a use. Ive been saying..... there is a big difference between a machine thats water prood and a machine thats salt water ready. A salt setting can be confusing. .... 4" vs 8" or more.
February 22, 2018 04:05PM
Geotech Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Note to FT mkt. Dept: Have your guy jumping from
> airplane and landing on Nox chute,thus causing a N
> ox "Streamer" while FT guy makes a Stand Up.
>
> I'm thinking we'll hire Yves Rossy to fly it in.

That tops my Nox Streamer idea---FT doesn't depend on the "unpredictable wind" it makes it's own.
February 22, 2018 05:55PM
Being interested in this technology I watched the videos and read the brochure etc. And I also did a search of the E.U. and U.S. patent databases(applications also) using search terms such as TARTAR ALEXANDRE, Manta, First Texas, pulse metal detectors and so forth. The only patent listed to TARTAR ALEXANDRE is in the EU database is for an anti-theft mat used to detect shoplifting via RF. There is nothing listed for him in the U.S. database.

[worldwide.espacenet.com]

The latest First Texas item found in the U.S. database was for a metal detector assembly.

[appft.uspto.gov]

I would assume since this PI would be a novel advancement for metal detecting technology that the Intellectual Property utilized in this device would need protection. Especially since the U.S. has switched from a “first to invent” to a “first to file” patent process. Does a patent application for this device exist? Has anyone found one? If not, then is it not novel enough or is it based on pre-existing information(patents) that may have expired or are being licensed?
February 22, 2018 06:34PM
Im simple..... will it get additional/significant/obvious depth or sensitivity on the targets im looking for.
February 22, 2018 08:00PM
Hopefully they give us the 5 meters Makro just did.
That's what kept me from considering the EQ.
I've already killed an ATpro putting the 3meter rating
to the test with my hookah at a rope swing spot!

EDIT......hopefully the Makro lives up to the 5meters as well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 08:01PM by TabZilla.
February 22, 2018 08:10PM
I could hunt for years in my Red clay with that one......winking smiley

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 22, 2018 09:01PM
Software and hardware are protected by non-disclosure of design details and in the case of software, by copyright. My understanding is that Alexandre’s work is based on previous PI concepts well disclosed and incorporated in designs by Eric Foster and others over the last couple of decades. Based on years of study and analysis, further developments and refinements were made - the result is a new design with unique properties. Now the resulting intellectual property has been acquired by First Texas and Alexandre is a First Texas engineer/physicist.

Since Carl has told us that the electronics for the beach machine are done, it is only reasonable to suppose that Alexandre and friends are moving on to other designs. First Texas management probably doesn’t like handing out paychecks to folks unless they are busy doing something useful.

Rick Kempf