Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 and the salt ocean ...WOW....

Posted by liquid1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 and the salt ocean ...WOW....
July 23, 2008 05:49PM
Ok tom I know you dont think of the F75 as a wet salt machine..But I gotta say
I was sorta suprised at how well and quiete the F75 worked with both coils..I was having a Blast..heres the story..
me and the family just spent 4 days Down on Myrtle Beach SC..
After reading a few post and researching a bit about the F75 and hunting on wet sands..I was Itchin to try it..All I can say is WOW!!
I was totally surprised and impressed..Now just a bit about the Beach it was Packed with folks and I seen at least 3 other Detectorist covering the Beaches right where I was going to hunt..looked to be a Minelab excaliber, and a mxt and possibly A Xlt..I was zooming in on there units from my hotel Balcony with the cam-corder..ha ha...Any ways the Beach is huge and theres always enough for everyone..I went to the Beach without a sand scoop all I had was a garden Digger..
I took both coils the stock DD and the 6"er small coil..I started in the Dry sand swaped over to all Metal motion to manual GB down between 8- 10 ,swaped back to JE mode wanted to find the smallest Items..I was amazed that the machine was good and stable
started finding small hair clips,and even a small tiny staple 3" Deep ..I even ran at 99 sense and 0 discrim..no sand sifter so I was doing a good job at pin pointing just took longer..Decided to walk down to the wet sand....New real quick needed to go lower with GB..So I went all the way down to 0 GB and wow yes I could here the water when in JE But it was usuable and not to noisey..Found a few pennies and a quarter in the water Between waves..I decided to swap to All metal..use sense 80, GB 0, tresh-hold -1, audio + 9 it give off a zip zip..and wow the Setting of choice..I found another quarter..1967.., and few more nickels and pennies..In the Salt water.I didn't find any jewlry..only hunted for a few hours in the mornings at mid to hi-tide..But I must say the F75 will hunt the salt oceans and FAST..I was using both coils under water and in the ocean with very little noise at 0 GB ...I even found a soda can at 13" in the wet sand just at the ocean breakers..Set the machine off Big time..My conclusive thinking is the F75 will do a good job hunting the wet salt ocean sands..I know I cant wait till next time..I am more pleased with the F75 with every hunt..Its ability to find tiny Items at such a quick pace if your willing to listen to a machine that will pick up and is sooo sensitive to ground Minerals and Balance..its just a nice do it all machine for me so far...happy hunting folks..james
Re: F75 and the salt ocean ...WOW....
July 24, 2008 12:25AM
Yes, Florida wet salt sand brought the F-75 to a Gnd Bal of "0". I was unable to ascertain any form of 'acceptable' stability (here in Florida) with the F-75. All available modes were sampled.
July 24, 2008 02:54AM
..It would be nice to try out a good Excal, or CZ 21 water machine to see how smooth they operate..And its always a plus if there water resistant..For a inlander like me who only visits the Great ocean seas the zip zip tones when pulling up the quarters under water was music to my ears..and a huge surprize..
Tom the florida beaches and coast are much nicer than our NC/SC coastlines for sure..I still have much to learn and experiance in the Detecting world..thanks james
July 24, 2008 10:45PM
i use mine a lot now

but like DE and set the noise ratio to F7

fast, quite, deadly and light