Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Look at this "GREAT REPRESENTATIVE" for our hobby!

Posted by HEBEGB 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Look at this "GREAT REPRESENTATIVE" for our hobby!
March 07, 2018 09:24PM
[m.youtube.com]

Video content is, welllllll just "him". But, take a look at some of his replies to the comments. Makes me somewhat embarrassed to call myself a detectorist!
Re: Look at this "GREAT REPRESENTATIVE" for our hobby!
March 07, 2018 09:51PM
He's goofy sometimes, but I have learned from his videos. The YouTube wars are irritating, but that is between them. He's good at detecting, and that is why I watch him.
March 07, 2018 09:56PM
Personally, I don't find him entertaining...I find him obnoxious.
As for the comments, I'd prefer no comments at all. If it's not the video producer making stupid comments, it's someone who watched the video.
Thankfully, I don't have to watch his or anybody's videos, and I don't have to read the comments. But sometimes I do. My bad.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 07, 2018 10:32PM
LOL....you guys hating on Bill, been watching his videos since he was a FTP fanboy, then apparently he had some kind of falling out with them, and seems to feel he got cheated by the "newbies" making all the Garrett videos and getting sponsorships. He is a pretty good detectorist, and I would kill to have the kind of sites that he hunts, just nothing like that on the left coast.

Anyhow, give the guy a break, he's paid his dues, nobody forces anyone to watch him, it's like TV, if you don't like whats on, change the channel, plenty to watch on the youtube variety show drinking smiley
March 07, 2018 10:38PM
Funny = using Deus as a weed whacker!

That early 1800s monogrammed coin silver spoon he dug is badazz.
March 07, 2018 11:10PM
Bill Ladd is the real deal. At least He paid His dues and His finds are real. You can count on that.
And He uses a shovel where You are suppose to use it.
March 07, 2018 11:14PM
i think that he is high,look at his eyes when he has that blue wig on lol ,but hey i do like his videos!!!!
March 08, 2018 12:03AM
skinner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think that he is high,look at his eyes when he has that blue wig on lol ,but hey i do like his videos!!!!

If your going to get high, might as well do it in the woods - lol
March 08, 2018 12:10AM
I watched one of his videos way back when and it wasn't my cup of tea, but I won't deny Mr. Ladd's detecting skills.

Personally, I lost respect for him when he attacked Dave Johnson on another forum many years ago.
March 08, 2018 12:30AM
I have no respect for him either. He thinks he is Gods gift to metal detecting...IMHO. HH jim tn
March 08, 2018 12:34AM
Reminds me of the 2 IDIOTS---ringy and dingy.
March 08, 2018 01:02AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> Reminds me of the 2 IDIOTS---ringy and dingy.

I get he's not everyone's cup of joe, but ringy and dingy are the dumbest detectorists I've ever seen.

My wife and I watched a few episodes of that program when it first came out, and funny thing happened. Usually when I bring home my detecting finds and lay them out, my wife looks at them, and unless there's gold or silver, she exclaims that everything is junk - lol BUT when we watched the program, she said you find way better stuff then the crap they find and what's with the jumping around and climbing trees for bullet shells?

At least Bill makes some nice finds, even if he's had some challenges in the past.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 01:02AM by Cal_cobra.
March 08, 2018 01:16AM
Brian, all of us make some nice finds. We just don't act like we are the only ones that do so. HH jim tn
March 08, 2018 02:02AM
He finds a seated dime with the Deus and then calls it a piece of junk.

If he works for XP my guess is he got that piece of junk for free.
March 08, 2018 02:28AM
Preeecisely Jim! His replies to some of the comments are totally condescending, hateful even! I just hope that John Q Public doesn't think that we all act and treat others this way.

jim tn Wrote:
> Brian, all of us make some nice finds. We just don
> 't act like we are the only ones that do so. HH ji
> m tn
March 08, 2018 02:36AM
And then brags to one of the commenters that he unloaded on someone else for $1,000 bucks.

I too have been having the intermittent "no coil" issue since uploading Version 4.1. It doesn't make it a piece of junk. It just means that there is still a "bug" somewhere. It has given me four years of reliable service and this bug has, by no means, rendered it inoperable.

therover61 Wrote:
> He finds a seated dime with the Deus and then call
> s it a piece of junk.
>
> If he works for XP my guess is he got that piece o
> f junk for free.
March 08, 2018 02:58AM
HEBEGB Wrote:

> It has given me four years
> of reliable service and this bug has, by no means,
> rendered it inoperable.
>

I just posted on another forum on the Deus thread that after 5 years of not having one problem with mine, I am sticking to the 3.2 version. Was debating wanting a HF coil, but for my hunting style, I will stick to the 3.2 version.

Don't want to jinx it !

Was thinking of getting a HF coil for dry sand jewelry hunting, but If I need a high frequency unit for dry sand jewelry hunting, I will but one specifically for that. Vista Gold Gain looks interesting enough !

I like my Deus just the way it is now.
March 08, 2018 03:16AM
jim tn Wrote:
> Brian, all of us make some nice finds. We just don't act like we are the only ones that do so. HH jim tn

Good point Jim.

No offense meant to anyone and I agree he can be over the top, guess I just over look it, because he wasn't that way ten years ago when he started making vids. Maybe his "fame" went to his head, I dunno.
March 08, 2018 05:28AM
Ahh.. boasting and saying your bad ass it’s my type. If you like the videos good for you. I don’t watch them.
I learn a lot from guys like Kieth S, Bill Dirt Fishing etc. video quality and showmanship is for views not content.
I do watch Aquachigger.. but those guys are paid by Garrett. Would I accept money and funds from Garrett? Sure!
But it wouldn’t make me like their machines... just not my type.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 08, 2018 07:22AM
I have met this joker in person a couple of times. I hate to burst some of you guy's bubble but I'm going to. He is just an online keyboard warrior is all he is. I've met him in person; he is like a scared rabbit afraid of his own shadow. I'm pretty sure that's why he quit coming to the DIV and other hunts, because #1, he sucked at being able to find anything, and #2, he was afraid somebody was going to confront him and beat the crap out of him. He decided it was safer to run his mouth on videos and never go anywhere where someone might could come face to face with him. This guy wont even look at you in the eye or face when you talk to him...yet online he tries to act like he's some kind of thug gangster. LMAO. He's a joke that forgot the punch line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 09:43AM by Daniel Tn.
March 08, 2018 10:53AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I have met this joker in person a couple of times.
> I hate to burst some of you guy's bubble but I'm g
> oing to. He is just an online keyboard warrior is
> all he is. I've met him in person; he is like a s
> cared rabbit afraid of his own shadow. I'm pretty
> sure that's why he quit coming to the DIV and othe
> r hunts, because #1, he sucked at being able to fi
> nd anything, and #2, he was afraid somebody was go
> ing to confront him and beat the crap out of him.
> He decided it was safer to run his mouth on videos
> and never go anywhere where someone might could co
> me face to face with him. This guy wont even look
> at you in the eye or face when you talk to him...y
> et online he tries to act like he's some kind of t
> hug gangster. LMAO. He's a joke that forgot the p
> unch line.

I wish I could have said it better but I can't. Know it all jackass. Legend in his own mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 10:55AM by Shenandoah Digger.
March 08, 2018 01:41PM
My 9 month old grandson makes noises like Bill.... A Baaston accent always helps with the peculiarity of his films.

It's best watching his vid's by turning the volume to mute....but if you do, it's less entertaining. The word 'corny' comes to mind.

Not sure how long he will be working for XP if they watch this video.

Great finds, though......we all make them if you detect long and hard enough.
March 08, 2018 03:09PM
shovel, shovel, shovel <g>

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

March 08, 2018 03:18PM
imo, not fair to the Diggers. sure, they're corny and clown around, but I've not seen them put other detectorists down. As for the quality of their finds, if anything, it is more real and believable than someone making one outstanding find after another. Horses for courses.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC

March 08, 2018 05:59PM
he sure does get everyones attention, so looks like his plan is working. Even the lady that he makes fun watches lmfao. grinning smiley
March 09, 2018 01:53AM
No matter what good finds he's made, he, with his video antics etc. has turned this great hobby into a side show for a lot of folks. And a bunch of other screwballs have followed suit.
March 09, 2018 02:08AM
A legend in his own mind sums it up.