Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

equinox and deus talk...

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
equinox and deus talk...
March 20, 2018 05:28PM
This is a talk about the Deus and Equinox. If I say something you don't think is true we can address it. If you are brand loyal then this talk might not be for you !equinox
Re: equinox and deus talk...
March 20, 2018 05:59PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a talk about the Deus and Equinox. If I sa
> y something you don't think is true we can address
> it. If you are brand loyal then this talk might no
> t be for you !eq
> uinox

How do you find the falsing in your dirt? your soil seems light if not mistaken. Good video your right on all your points
March 20, 2018 06:05PM
Not bad been running iron bias at 2. I was in a iron loaded site yesterday and of course you get the high chirps and blips but as far as being fooled its not bad. I didn't dig anymore iron with it than I would have with the Deus...
March 20, 2018 06:34PM
Well said Calabash! I love my Deus too but you make a very valid point. And I don't have a Nox.

Like you said...Deus is more ergonomic though. And for my age that's a big plus!

Charles thumbs down
March 20, 2018 06:44PM
Diggs4ever,
You brought the iron falsing up in another thread and my findings are different than yours. My experience is like calabashdigger's. The Equinox will false (like any machine) but usually there is a "tell" associated with it like very bouncy VDI or erratic chirps. It will call deep,rusty nails as good both in tone and VDI and, of course, "big iron". In my experience, thus far, it does not false more than any other machine and certainly less than the Nokta's (which are the worst for iron falsing, IMO). The falsing that you are experiencing may be due to a high sensitivity setting? I rarely run mine over 20.

Dean
March 20, 2018 06:51PM
Oh yeah that's right I did back mine down from the 23 I normally run to 20 21 in the thick iron and it calmed it down.... It does not false like the Racer 2 I had. The ctx falsed a lot in iron too... It doesn't false any worse than the deus imo...
March 20, 2018 07:03PM
Dang Dude, You and the Equinox need to get a room already. Ha!
March 20, 2018 07:41PM
Its just a tool...
March 20, 2018 09:10PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Its just a tool...

And I have never in my life seen grown men so incredibly addicted to their ego satisfaction and the my tool is bigger than your tool psychosis.
March 20, 2018 10:17PM
Charles (Sabre)(Tx) Wrote:
> Well said Calabash! I love my Deus too but you ma
> ke a very valid point. And I don't have a Nox.
>
> Like you said...Deus is more ergonomic though. An
> d for my age that's a big plus!
>
> Charles thumbs down

For me the same. For my age (shoulder) is the lightness/ergonomic of the Deus everything for me. I like also the XY screen, it's is great. Maybe I will buy a Nox for shallow water searching. Ik think it's a good tool for the smaller coins I'm after.
I hope to see some more down to earth Calabash vids: "I 'm in love with performance" I like that!

But give me a break for the hoopla around the Nox and the diehard fanboys. So childish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2018 10:19PM by wilci.
March 20, 2018 10:53PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> This is a talk about the Deus and Equinox. If I sa
> y something you don't think is true we can address
> it. If you are brand loyal then this talk might no
> t be for you !eq
> uinox

calabash digger,

I'm glad you're not a Deus-Bag.

Thanks for sharing some objective insight and interesting info.

Please continue with what you are doing. Anyone who get's their coil puckered over it will survive.... maybe not as well as a NOX user but they will survive.

Thanks

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 20, 2018 11:41PM
Great info and videos on the Nox Calabash. Really appreciate what your doing. But how much trash are you digging with it. More or less or about normal. Be nice to see someone do a hunt with the Nox with no editing. Show it all.
March 21, 2018 12:44AM
TRASH to TREASURE ratio in my game is site dependant. I just need the Nox to unmask a target on the site I'm on. I know its different for others...
March 21, 2018 12:29PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> TRASH to TREASURE ratio in my game is site dependa
> nt. I just need the Nox to unmask a target on the
> site I'm on. I know its different for others...

Ya know, I've bee looking for a reason not to buy the Nox. But I give up, just can't seem to find one.
March 21, 2018 12:54PM
Maybe it's just me and my peculiar situation - scarce good targets in farm fields with lots of aluminum. Admittedly, my ears are not the best (at 71) but I do use headphones and listen for audio nuance. Still I cannot for the life of me distinguish good targets, ie, IHPs, silver dimes, V nickels, CW bullets, buttons - from aluminum bits. Aluminum comes in so many sizes and configurations that it occupies a wide range of TIDs. I dig the most aluminum with the Deus, and probably the least with the Impact.

So what I want to see in a video is chasing relics/coins with an Equinox in a farm field with lots of aluminum present. Can somebody deliver that?

Wayne
March 21, 2018 02:31PM
ncwayne Wrote:

>
> So what I want to see in a video is chasing relics
> /coins with an Equinox in a farm field with lots o
> f aluminum present. Can somebody deliver that?
>
> Wayne

Wayne....great request, because it also extends out to hunting situations in older parks where old coins/relics lay in wait, but aluminum trash is hiding it.

It's a tough nut to crack and I believe that is where you have to set up a detector and use your ears ( and a good pair of headphones) to try to sniff out those oldies.

Its also getting into the mindset that you are trying to bag old coins/relics and you may leave a gold ring in the ground. I have chased hundreds of pounds of small balled up foil in the futile effort thinking it may be that old classic gold ring. For me, I need to focus on the task at hand if I am in a particular site where old silver awaits, and dig those high tones and round sounding objects.

Kudos to all who are testing and putting videos out showing how detectors react to iron nails and good targets. Small iron is still the number one menace....but small aluminum is a close second in a lot of spots...sometimes first !