Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Information for those waiting for NOX from Kellyco

Posted by rogmey 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Information for those waiting for NOX from Kellyco
March 23, 2018 04:48AM
For the information of those waiting to receive an Equinox 800 detector from Kellyco, I ordered mine on Oct. 6th, 2017 and received an email from Kellyco today saying my detector had been shipped via FedEx. It is supposed to arrive by the end of the day Monday, March 26th. I have no way of knowing if mine is a typical wait period or not, but when I called to order another item from Kellyco about ten days ago they told me that at the rate they were then getting Equinox detectors from Minelab they expected they would be able to ship mine to me by toward the end of March or very beginning of April, and thanked me for my patience. The conversation with them was entirely pleasant on both ends, and as it has turned out, their estimate was accurate in this case. For any who might wonder, I live in California, and this is the first time I have dealt with Kellyco, so obviously I'm not getting special treatment by virtue of having done a lot of business with them in the past.
Re: Information for those waiting for NOX from Kellyco
March 23, 2018 05:22PM
My club met last night and I talked to one of the members who just got his 800 from KCo. He ordered in October, I ordered in mid December from a West Coast dealer and got mine a couple weeks ago. I would guess KCo had a whole lot of orders to work through. Add 2 zincons to the pile.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 23, 2018 08:11PM
Thanks rogmey ...... Minelab sucks......waiting sucks......any news is good news at this point.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 24, 2018 04:38AM
Grant:

You might want to give them a call to get an estimated delivery time...can't hurt anything. I'm suggesting that because I sure got the feeling they were hinting they were getting a lot more detectors than they had been getting, so you might be getting yours sooner than you think.

May far fewer pull tabs be in your immediate future!

Roger
Re: Information for those waiting for NOX from Kellyco - update
March 29, 2018 03:37AM
Apparently I misread the delivery date information. The NOX 800 from Kellyco was delivered today at 5:53 PM, not on Monday as I had previously stated. The important thing though, for others getting a detector from Kellyco via FedEx, as also reported by another member several weeks ago, FedEx left the box and did not ring the doorbell. I got home at 5:30 expecting it would already be here, but since it was not, I sat in a room with a window that allowed me to see the driveway leading to the house. A little after 5:50 PM I left that room for literally several minutes, and when I came back, I checked on line to see if there was any update on when the package might be delivered. I was surprised to see there was an update saying it had been delivered. I went to the front door, and there is was...but about ten feet away from the front house entirely out in the open on the sidewalk! This is clearly a FedEx delivery problem, as opposed to Kellyco issue. Before the package was delivered, I noticed that FedEx has a Delivery Manager. I did not check into it, but for those of you expecting a detector from Kellyco in the future, if you aren't going to be at the delivery location around the likely time the detector will be delivered, it might be wise to look into what arrangements can be made under the Delivery Manager...hopefully some arrangement to accommodate a reasonable delivery circumstance.
March 31, 2018 11:46AM
I ordered two 800s in late February from KellyCo and they charged my card for the whole amount. I get a call about 6 hours later that they would be shipping toward the end of March. Fast forward to this morning and I called in to follow up since I had not heard anything from them - customer service rep, if you can call him that, said they don't know when they would be shipping any units and passed the buck to Minelab. No "sorry for the inconvenience" or anything to that nature, just "we'll ship it when it arrives and we're still working down the list from December orders"

Pretty much he said you'll get it when you get it, which is unacceptable especially when you take payment in full, upfront for an unspecified delivery date or timeline.

I know I ordered kinda late, but that was just poor customer service on their end...so I cancelled my order and just decided to wait until they are widely available - not like I can use it anyways, no waterproof headphones are available yet!
March 31, 2018 11:58AM
You might want to check with Cabelas. I received my machine from them about two weeks after I ordered it.
March 31, 2018 12:44PM
Shakydigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You might want to check with Cabelas. I received m
> y machine from them about two weeks after I ordere
> d it.

I went to Cabelas website last week and the 800 isn't even on there, just the 600. What's up with that?
March 31, 2018 01:41PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Shakydigger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You might want to check with Cabelas. I received
> m
> > y machine from them about two weeks after I orde
> re
> > d it.
>
> I went to Cabelas website last week and the 800 is
> n't even on there, just the 600. What's up with th
> at?

They only show the detectors that they have in stock.

Here is the link to the 800. You will see it on the website when they get them in. [www.cabelas.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 01:43PM by Badger in NH.
March 31, 2018 04:46PM
Thanks Badger.
March 31, 2018 11:39PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> ozzie Wrote:
> -----
> > Shakydigger Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > You might want to check with Cabelas. I receiv
> ed
> > m
> > > y machine from them about two weeks after I or
> de
> > re
> > > d it.
> >
> > I went to Cabelas website last week and the 800
> is
> > n't even on there, just the 600. What's up with
> th
> > at?
>
> They only show the detectors that they have in sto
> ck.
>
> Here is the link to the 800. You will see it on th
> e website when they get them in. [www.cabe]
> las.com/product/MINELAB-EQUINOX-MTL-DETE/2671944.u
> ts
>
> .

Thank you Badger. I didn't know that they show the 800 when they have them in stock^
April 01, 2018 02:17AM
If I wanted to order an Equinox 800 from Cabelas, I would order it now. That way when the next shipment hit our shores it will be directly drop shipped to you.
April 01, 2018 10:00AM
Shakydigger Wrote:
> If I wanted to order an Equinox 800 from Cabelas, I would order it now. That way when the next shipment hit our shores it will be directly drop shipped to you.

I don't think Cabela's is taking pre-orders. As far as I know it's first come, first served.

If Cabela's took pre-orders, their waiting list would be just as long as any other major dealer.

It might be drop shipped regardless.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 10:14AM by Badger in NH.
April 01, 2018 11:23AM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> Shakydigger Wrote:
> -----
> > If I wanted to order an Equinox 800 from Cabelas
> , I would order it now. That way when the next shi
> pment hit our shores it will be directly drop ship
> ped to you.
> -----
>
> I don't think Cabela's is taking pre-orders. As fa
> r as I know it's first come, first served.
>
> If Cabela's took pre-orders, their waiting list wo
> uld be just as long as any other major dealer.
>
> It might be drop shipped regardless.
>
> .

That is true. I called that phone number and talked to a guy. He said they are not set up to take pre-orders.
April 01, 2018 09:12PM
mods, not sure what happened. pls delete extras if possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 09:14PM by Champ Ferguson.
April 01, 2018 09:13PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 09:14PM by Champ Ferguson.
April 01, 2018 09:13PM
icurabeachguy Wrote:
> I ordered two 800s in late February from KellyCo a
> nd they charged my card for the whole amount. I g
> et a call about 6 hours later that they would be s
> hipping toward the end of March. Fast forward to
> this morning and I called in to follow up since I
> had not heard anything from them - customer servic
> e rep, if you can call him that, said they don't k
> now when they would be shipping any units and pass
> ed the buck to Minelab. No "sorry for the inconve
> nience" or anything to that nature, just "we'll sh
> ip it when it arrives and we're still working down
> the list from December orders"
>
> Pretty much he said you'll get it when you get it,
> which is unacceptable especially when you take pay
> ment in full, upfront for an unspecified delivery
> date or timeline.
>
> I know I ordered kinda late, but that was just poo
> r customer service on their end...so I cancelled m
> y order and just decided to wait until they are wi
> dely available - not like I can use it anyways, no
> waterproof headphones are available yet!

I've read of several similar experiences like yours re KellyCo 'customer service' on other forums. But then shortly thereafter they suspiciously disappear. A mod (TH) on one of the boards that claims friendship with the owner used to brag about removing posts like yours. Its sad when you can no longer trust posted reviews on some long running boards. Allowing everyone's opinion is one of the reasons I like it here and at SteveH's.