Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deeptech Vista Gold Gain

Posted by Welgund 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deeptech Vista Gold Gain
March 23, 2018 08:34PM
My season is about to begin here in Colorado where I like to hunt old homesteads, mountain mining camps, railroad camps etc. How does the Gain with the super six coil handle bad soil, extreme mineralization in spots, rusted tin etc? How does it compare to the Tejon or other good tesoro heavy iron trash? Need a new toy.lol
Re: Deeptech Vista Gold Gain
March 23, 2018 08:57PM
Search for a post by Keith, somewhere amongst the NOx posts

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 26, 2018 07:12PM
Very Very good sleuthy detector with above average depth too for the Freq especially.

Its world class in unmasking and doubt any machine with same size coil 11" will hear what this unit does in iron..or at least give you enough audio intelligence to tell you to dig it.

Don't underestimate the 11-Inch coil in heavy iron ..one if the best I've used in large iron pulling coin sizes around said large iron..The 5x8 is Excellent in nails on con sizes and smaller.

USe the preset red dot on the disc...its about perfect..It may seem low but the whole disc only works for iron. the Red dot is tome the best telling on the audio..it may high tone iron more but it's very telling...when you try to say turn the disc up to completely disc it out and low tone a nail some fo the Intelligence of the rolling audio can be lost...

you may start with higher disc if you like even max disc and still pull things out of iron other may have left BUT once you learn to back it down to the red dot range and learn to interpret audio you will be AMAZED..That's the trick on taking it to the next level learn to interpret and to do this you have to work inside the noise...Use two tone for this, don't allow it to null by using one tone ..you have to get the sonic picture of the targets and become one with the WORLD CLASS audio...

If your coming from a standard DTVG 25Khz unit you'll find the audio is like the Warrior and Smart on the 30Khz gain and its a step up.By step up I mean its tighter less scratchy..and offer evens more Modulated info and more Tightness to the report..You'll also find the Gain to be the how should I say Bippity of all the series..Its an advanced type machine and may not be for everyone but learn its trait's and dig what others leave..

You'll see it works best on depleted sites..sites that have been worked down..like all High Gain high freq units its at home in sites worked for decades..Itsa iron sifter in the purest form and has the ability to amaze you but you'll have to know how to get the most out of it and know how to use such a device in areas people walk away from ..Let the audio and full accept with two tone be your guide on how to message targets out of he iron..at first the iron may sound as good as the non ferrous but get the sounds right in your head ..abrupt harsh high ones from smoother tight smaller hits will be the key and will take awhile to figure out ina sea of non stop blips ..its like a tejon in alot of ways but with way better disc range in iron for exactness on a nail.and offers ability to hear what you don't want to dig ((THATS A HUGE DIFFERENCE)..I regard the Tejon as one of the best if not best single tone unmaskers ever made.The Gain is like that but with more info to user..If your coming from a tejon you'll pick up on the Gain quicker..

Its very much a simple type unit compared to whats available now days..but its an advanced unit for a purest hunter who knows how to get items out of challenging iron infested sites..alot like the tejon in that regard..Use it for what it is designed to do and use the audio tools it offers to achieve success..don't take it in a park or yard unless you want to dig all non ferrous.

It slams brass and lead hard and loves round or irregular shapes all the same.

It reminds me of what a Tejon could of been if they added tones..plain and simple..

Depth even on 30Khz is stellar and will hang with about any unit..Ground balance in two tone if tone goes high as you drop coil turn GB CCW...if it goes low turn CW...you can gain inches on depth if you allow the coil to soil approach to be slightly low tone ..not harsh force low tone but just a slight rise of low tone as you approach the soil.

One thing that will really get you is its ability to see big non ferrous in big ferrous sites..where most machines have fooled operators into thinking that big non ferrous is another piece of ferrous iron this will alert you by audio clarity..I've pulled some nice big non ferrous in sites so full of large iron its opened my eyes to that..

I think you see the audio is the key to the unit ..Work with that ...use that...embrace that..quite the tool to reveal history with...You'll love it or hate it..but give it time and LEARN to use it NOISY ( RED DOT)...I always run boost on too it makes the audio sound more in your face!!

Let us know how you like it..Show what you find!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 26, 2018 08:12PM
As Crocodile Dundee said: Now that's a how to detector lesson.
March 26, 2018 08:48PM
Just to add one thing to Keith's excellent synopsis.

The Gain and Sensitivity settings work in tandem. Set those up for what sites/applications you are hunting in for optimal performance. Running both wide open gets optimal depth and sensitivity to small targets, but there may be some areas where you may want to dial down the Gain while others the Sensitivity.

I also might add I am not sure how that 11 inch coil is designed but it is like a knife blade. The outside loops of the coil are not hot/active like some other big DD coils on some units (where it will start to identify/react to metal as the outside edge approaches a target). I think that is why it separates so well.

In testing the VGG against other units with a dime and pull tabs ( what tnsharp set up in his pictures...square tab and round tab on wood about 4 inches higher than a clad dime), I could actually put the tabs closer to the dime and separate all 3 targets better than my F75, Deus, MXT, X-Terra, V3i...all of them). To the point where the tabs were actually a distance apart (dime in the middle) where they were INSIDE of the coil loops when I centered the middle of the coil over the dime. Still hit all 3 targets when sweeping left to right and right to left...and fairly brisk I might add. You can really isolate on a target in between others with the 11 inch coil via a quick back and forth motion. The targets were 3 distinct, clean audio responses...no washed out signals or signals where you had to really listen hard to determine if there were 3 separate targets.

Again...that's with the 11 inch coil. And with using pull tabs. Using rusty iron nails/blobs instead of pull tabs..same results. The only difference is you can hear the iron low tone. When real world hunting and you hit a patch of iron, hit that patch every which way you can. This unit WILL find non-ferrous targets in iron.

I was running in 2 tone for the entire test.

With the Super Six coil on it....wow....amazing response and separation.

DeepTech hit a grand slam with this unit.

It's not a old coil hunter per se, but will hit my 9 inch silver merc dime and 13 inch silver quarter in my test garden...so that high frequency unit can hit silver. My soil is mild so results may vary as always.

I really like this unit a lot.
March 26, 2018 09:48PM
I have used a Tejon, Vaquero, Bandido2 micromax, Mojave for years along with my Deus, CTX, xs2a pro and I am now going to call Richard and order the Gain. I have always loved beep and digs for heavy iron. You guys sold me!lol
March 26, 2018 11:05PM
I’ve posted this about three times on this and other forums. Nevertheless, I like posting it....so here goes again.

Keith always make me think about my uncle Harold - now long gone. As a young lad he enlisted in the USN right after Pearl Harbor. He ended up as a sonar operator on anti submarine vessels in the North Atlantic in late ‘42 and ‘43. I remember the thrill I got listening to his stories of hunting the Nazi u-boats with only his ears.

Be careful however. Keith’s beautiful prose is already responsible for my spending more than I ought to on various machines - including a DTVGG and the small coil.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 27, 2018 12:50AM
Lol I called Richard and he didn't have any gold gains but was waiting on one. Talked me into a Multi Kruzer instead for a great deal. I will eventually get the Gain still but will give the Kruzer a try for now
March 27, 2018 01:40AM
Weldgund,

I have the Multi Kruzer as well. I think you will be very happy with that purchase.
March 27, 2018 06:51PM
Kruzer very good multi use unit and will dissect iron with the best of them..

The Gain is more RAW and more user defined tool...Might very well be the apex of artifact hunting at the moment...Audio is Par Excellence ..Old school audio feel with modern audio options..

Gain has ability to really allow for even digging Iron KEEPER relics in a sea of trashy iron..if that makes sense...

Forged iron will sound different than cast iron to you after awhile..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 27, 2018 06:56PM
Rover

Excellent info...yes the gain control can be used to BACKOFF some on the affinity to smaller stuff..

Very warrior like..

I love the warrior but wanted it to be like the Gold Too in ways.....Well the factory fullfiled that need with the Gain model...

What a great unit to have in the arsenal...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 28, 2018 02:45AM
I had to use the smaller coil and I set my sens to half in bad ground with iron and set my gain all the way up. You have to ground bal a lot well at least I did and it is very touchy I never used the boost mode but I felt that would be too much for hunting in iron and I didn't want more depth. It is a fast machine and where I hunt even in the gold country you have to dig every beep. I didn't like the tone for iron and would have liked the high tone to be higher. I also for some stupid reason missed having a display and like a digital display when programming a machine like on all my other detectors. I sold it because of it not having a display but if I lived in the east cost and was hunting civil war sites that didn't have modern trash mixed in it would be the almost perfect detector. Went back to the impact and found my first five dollar gold coin. I could see the VDI at 55-64 and it made the find even more exciting. Just my take and my old ways of hunting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 05, 2018 01:00PM
I have the Gain inbound! I got the super 6 coil also so should be all set. Can't wait to let her rip and see what she can do. Heard a lot of good things about it. Thanks Richard!
April 05, 2018 09:38PM
Welgund....can't wait to hear your impressions on the VGG.