Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

*Video* Went hunting with Bill (Dirtfishing) and Craig (detectingMo). We compare the Equinox 600, CZ70 and etrac on a 7 inch Barber Quarter. You can watch the whole video or skip to the 8 minute mark for the comparison.

Posted by khouse 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thanks for sharing that with us, what a great hunt.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
enjoyed the video; I thought it was well done.

Wayne
Nice video.

Thanks for sharing.
Love it! Nice coin!
Contrats on the silver!!!!
Nice hunt!

Dean
Good video....... good capture.
Like it.Congratssmileys with beer

El
Nice hunt! Sounds crazy but CZ might have done better with 8" Coil as sees less ground.
But then again maybe not.
I used my CZ70 for many years, it was a great detector back in the day...Eye opener for sure.

I used to hunt quite a bit with my Nasa Tom certified to 12" CZ70 with the Sunray 12.5" coil and it did pretty well on deep silver, wonder if it'd picked up that one?
Nice find.

One thing about the digital CZ's....can't fine tune the sensitivity.

I am a CZ fanboy but never liked the digital versions.

As far as the coils go, having all 4 (5 inch, 8 inch 10.5 inch and Sunray 12.5), the 8 inch coil I feel is by far the best on an analog CZ.

Also, a testament to how well they are built and perform, I still use my original CZ6a I bought in the mid 90's as my primary unit. It has been used hundreds and hundreds of hours salt water beach hunting as well as dirt hunting and still works great.

I know, I know, I am missing targets, things are being masked, new technology has leaped over it 10 fold, yadda yadda yadda....but when you hunt with a unit you know so well and it ends up always finding you great stuff, it's hard to let it go.
Well done and no one was on the verge of a seizure.
Nice digs/video khouse (tu$
What a joke that CZ 70 bill has is broke or bill has no idea how to operate it, my CZ5 would hit that coin all day long with a high tone and every CZ user knows I'm right. what we got here is some MInelab fanboys. and I'm not saying a Minelab's junk I have owned a few but when I went to buy a coil cover for my Excalibur2 and it was 30.00 I said enough is enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2018 11:47PM by u2robert.
Bill I didn't know Tom calibrated the digital CZ's that's new to me.
u2robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a joke that CZ 70 bill has is broke or bill h
> as no idea how to operate it, my CZ5 would hit tha
> t coin all day long with a high tone and every CZ
> user knows I'm right. what we got here is some MIn
> elab fanboys. and I'm not saying a Minelab's junk
> I have owned a few but when I went to buy a coil c
> over for my Excalibur2 and it was 30.00 I said eno
> ugh is enough.

CZ performance can be vary soil dependent..
What you see happen in that video is exactly what happens in my soil with the CZ and many other brand detectors..
I have owned 3 CZ 5s including a Tom Tuned 12.2” model.. Maybe it was 12.1.. Can’t remember..
Anyway, My very first metal detector was a brand new CZ 5 back in the early 90s..
Back then, I didn’t know what I didn’t know.. I had a lot of fun and there were plenty of shallow coins to keep me happy..
After years of learning, reading and testing, I finally figured out the CZ and many other brand detectors, no matter how
far they air test, just can’t punch my ground and ID coins accurately.. Just a fact..

I think this is hard to fathom for those of who hunt in mild soil..
FBS and now the Equinox have been the choice for coin hunters like me with bad ground
who wish to chase the deeper coins..

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 12:55AM by Cabin Fever.
u2robert Wrote:
> What a joke that CZ 70 bill has is broke or bill h
> as no idea how to operate it, my CZ5 would hit tha
> t coin all day long with a high tone and every CZ
> user knows I'm right. what we got here is some MIn
> elab fanboys. and I'm not saying a Minelab's junk
> I have owned a few but when I went to buy a coil c
> over for my Excalibur2 and it was 30.00 I said eno
> ugh is enough.
What we have here is 3 machines hitting a target. We really don't know if your CZ5 would hit that target? Most of the ground is a little hot with deep iron all over. I'm positive Bill knows how to run his machines.
u2robert Wrote:
> What a joke that CZ 70 bill has is broke or bill has no idea how to operate it, my CZ5 would hit that coin all day long with a high tone and every CZ
> user knows I'm right. what we got here is some MInelab fanboys. and I'm not saying a Minelab's junk I have owned a few but when I went to buy a coil
> cover for my Excalibur2 and it was 30.00 I said enough is enough.

Running a CZ isn't exactly rocket science, Bill knows what he's doing.
u2robert Wrote:
> Bill I didn't know Tom calibrated the digital CZ's
> that's new to me.

He doesn't.

But he does CERTIFY them...as well as F75's. That is what was stated.

I believe that means Tom puts them through all his stringent tests to ensure the detector is up to his standards.

What a joke that CZ 70 bill has is broke or bill has no idea how to operate it, my CZ5 would hit that coin all day long with a high tone and every CZ
> user knows I'm right. what we got here is some MInelab fanboys.

The CZ works fine. I probably could have spent some time trying to get a better signal out of the target. Could have re ground balanced etc but kenny was filming and I just wanted to jump in there real quick and see if the CZ could see it. The ground there is real bad and even in good soil every CZ I have ever owned would eventually call good targets iron if they were deep enough.
Nice hunt guys
That's the thing about detectors and mineral. For those that don't have mineral and have never ventured outside their sand box, they don't understand what mineral does to detectors and readings. All they know is that their beloved machine can hit 12 inch dimes all day long with good stable ID. When they see or hear about the same machine not being able to do that in other places, they assume it is the operators fault or something faulty with the machine. They never take into consideration the different ground conditions. The CZ in this video is very similar to the performance in my milder soil. Here, the 10.5 inch coil was necessary to achieve the 5-6 inch depth on coins. A smaller coil would have meant an all iron signal on that quarter IMO. At least with the 10.5, the high tone was bleeding through on occasion.
This soil is 3 bar dirt with lots small pieces of iron/nails and leaching. The CZ concentric puts it at a disadvantage in the test. It still did way better than another machine that was already put back up and didn't participate. Most single freq machines cant reliably id anything at this site past a few inches.
Thanks to everyone that watched and commented! I've started to add music to my videos. Do you think the music adds or takes away from the content?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
khouse Wrote:
> Thanks to everyone that watched and
> commented!
I've starte
> d to add music to my videos. Do you think the musi
> c adds or takes away from the content?

Takes away (IMO)
thank you for sharing, enjoyed the video.
jeff