Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 Ltd delivers the goodies

Posted by scoopjohnb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 Ltd delivers the goodies
July 30, 2015 05:18AM
On a field previously detected by other hunters I decided to battle the wheat stalks.

I needed a machine with punch and my trusty F75 Ltd with 11" coil was the tool of choice.
Swinging some 15 cm above the ground I still needed some depth.

So Disc at 4, sens at 45, tones 2F, process PF, adjusted frequency for minimal EMI from the electric fence, ground balanced
Away I went.

The result was a lot of trash they missed and some coins that really made my day.
Especially the Charles II farthing 1675
Age isn't a problem here in Europe, but finding older readable copper coins in fields that have received their fair share of fertilizer. Well that's a bit of an achievement.

[s1087.photobucket.com]

Running in Disc the F75 never lied to me as most of the signals that produced coins had a little bit of iron sound to them. But for the most part a repeatable non-ferrous tone.
ID on the meter jumped around a bit, but that can easily be expected when running such an air gap. And still hit coins at reasonable depths.
Still hit coins on a previously hunted field that is :-)

Anyway donated the finds to the farmer, cleaned up the field and all the trash I found.

HEY PRESTO,.... granted sole permission to hunt the property dating back to the 1400's

Fell in love with the F75 Ltd and detecting all over again!!

HH
Johnb
Re: F75 Ltd delivers the goodies
July 30, 2015 05:59AM
Gotta love that F-75. Well done and congrats! Hoping to get in a hunt or 2 on my next days off.
July 30, 2015 06:36AM
Great hunt John! You're lucky to have all that history to hunt over there, would love to spend some time detecting in England.

HH,
Brian
July 30, 2015 06:07PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great hunt John! You're lucky to have all that
> history to hunt over there, would love to spend
> some time detecting in England.
>
> HH,
> Brian

Not England,... but the greatest country of all Beer Brewing BELGIUM.
We also invented the French Fry,... but that's a very HOT topic.

Anyway during those days the English currencies were treated much like the modern day Dollar or Euro.
Everybody knew the value and they were legal tender in many countries.

HH
Johnb