Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dumping the Equinox 600

Posted by EPL II 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dumping the Equinox 600
March 25, 2018 03:57PM
My intention is not to start a argument but to figure out why many are dumping the Equinox 600 so quickly. With such great anticipation many couldn't wait to get their hands on the machine. Hopefully someone can shed light on reason(s) why.
Re: Dumping the Equinox 600
March 25, 2018 04:56PM
I think some people had unreasonable expectations that the Equinox would make their hunted out sites like new again. In my experience, the Equinox squeezes out some additional finds, sometimes an impressive quantity of additional finds; but, it doesn't make old sites like new again.
March 25, 2018 05:56PM
Decide they ought to have an 800?

Want to make a fast buck selling at over retail price?

Wife found out that they bought another stinking detector!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2018 10:26PM by lytle78.
March 25, 2018 07:19PM
Maybe just more of them out there to be dumped? The 600 has been coming in and out of stock at dealers throughout, while a lot of people are still waiting for their 800s to be delivered.
March 25, 2018 09:53PM
I've seen several 600 and 800's for sale. The only explanation given for one was he was keeping his Explorer II because he felt it was better for deep turf.
March 25, 2018 10:33PM
Just wait for the new ctx 4040 with this technology.
March 26, 2018 12:23AM
They all Cut there losses and went back to the etrac grinning smiley
March 26, 2018 07:16PM
Don't know but feel the 800 must be a big jump over the 600....haven't used either just a thought.....
Seems like last week the Deus was top shelf...???
March 26, 2018 07:49PM
What's the difference between the 600 and 800? Just the headphones?
March 27, 2018 12:42AM
Detectorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's the difference between the 600 and 800? Jus
> t the headphones?

Wireless headphones. Gold mode. Iron bias and reactivity cut into fewer segments. Reactivity goes a little higher on the 800. Backlight adjustable on the 800. I think you can assign tones on the 800, couple of other small things but that's about it from what I can remember.
March 27, 2018 02:53PM
Rocko Wrote:
> I've seen several 600 and 800's for sale. The only explanation given for one was he was keeping his Explorer II because he felt it was better for deep turf.

I'm sure the $400 profit didn't influence the decision eye rolling smiley
March 27, 2018 03:15PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Rocko Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've seen several 600 and 800's for sale. The on
> ly explanation given for one was he was keeping hi
> s Explorer II because he felt it was better for de
> ep turf.
>
> I'm sure the $400 profit didn't influence the deci
> sion eye rolling smiley

It sold for $1,089. When you pay for listing and shipping and consider what he gave for it and sales tax there's not much profit there. I would never sell a superior detector for a few dollars, not even $400. I think he just liked his Explorer II better just like he said. I'm not bashing the Nox, mine will be here Friday.
March 27, 2018 03:47PM
I think this is being over thought. In many cases, I think many people just got caught up in the fever and impulse bought. Could be some found that it was more complicated to learn or some picky deal like shaft wiggle or minor manufacture flaw. A few many have burned out on hearing about the Equinox constantly. Must be a million reasons, give or take a few.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 27, 2018 04:02PM
IMO, some people thought this would be the "magic" wand that netted them tons of finds and most likely, didn't give it a fair shake. I myself, am still undecided as I don't have enough time on it. However, the hunt last weekend was a positive eye-opener.
March 27, 2018 11:11PM
Rocko Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> -----
> > Rocko Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > I've seen several 600 and 800's for sale. The
> on
> > ly explanation given for one was he was keeping
> hi
> > s Explorer II because he felt it was better for
> de
> > ep turf.
> >
> > I'm sure the $400 profit didn't influence the de
> ci
> > sion eye rolling smiley
>
> It sold for $1,089. When you pay for listing and s
> hipping and consider what he gave for it and sales
> tax there's not much profit there. I would never s
> ell a superior detector for a few dollars, not eve
> n $400. I think he just liked his Explorer II bett
> er just like he said. I'm not bashing the Nox, min
> e will be here Friday.

Sorry but your data is incorrect.

The fact of the matter is I brokered a group buy, and got the price down to $789 w/free shipping.

Just checked the completed sale and it went for $1,175.00 (16 bids).

By my math that equates to ~ $386.....sans fleabay/PP fees.

Not to shabby to make at least $350 profit on a used detector .....basically paid to play with a new toy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 11:13PM by Cal_cobra.
March 28, 2018 12:10AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Rocko Wrote:
> -----
> > I've seen several 600 and 800's for sale. The on
> ly explanation given for one was he was keeping hi
> s Explorer II because he felt it was better for de
> ep turf.
>
> I'm sure the $400 profit didn't influence the deci
> sion eye rolling smiley

pretty sad...there goes my vote for the metal detector hall of fame...
March 28, 2018 12:29AM
There are lot of reasons people sell.

Like they need the money, and probably should haven't bought in the first place.
Or an emergency unknowing came up.

I mean if you need loot and have a Nox and other detectors. Which one likely to see faster and at the higher percentage of what a person has in it ?

Some folks I feel just bought the detector so they can talk about. Yeah, they can say Oh I ad one and here my 2 cents. When they really don't know enough about to be given pointers or advice.

Some folks who did buy 600s do infant want the 800 model. So one reason 600s up for sale.
Some folks bought 600s units cause it's all they could get at the time, and since either have an 800 unit or a good line on one hence they are selling 600 units.

Some folks just don't like period.

Some folks don't think the Equinox be it 600 or 800 does anything for them when looking at their other detector models they possess.

Then there are the scalpers, you know like the NJs do football tickets.

I won't be selling mine. I know this much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2018 12:39AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 28, 2018 01:33AM
Cal_cobra,

I'll say it again.......$400 dollars wouldn't convince me to give up a superior detector. Not even to make a quick profit, You can't go out and buy another 800 for probably 6 to 8 weeks.

I don't think making $350 had anything to do with selling his 800, he just liked his Explorer II more. $1,089 was the bid near the end, thought it was over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2018 01:41AM by Rocko.
March 28, 2018 01:52AM
Rocko Wrote:
> Cal_cobra,
>
> I'll say it again.......$400 dollars wouldn't convince me to give up a superior detector. Not even to make a quick profit, You can't go out and buy a
> nother 800 for probably 6 to 8 weeks.
>
> I don't think making $350 had anything to do with selling his 800, he just liked his Explorer II more. $1,089 was the bid near the end, thought it was over.

Not that I disagree with YOUR logic, but knowing what I know, the $$$ was certainly a factor. Think about it, if the Exp2 does most of what you need, then you're really not in a hurry to buy an EQ800, so test it out to you can talk your self out of it as the next magic stick, dump it for a profit, and once the hoopla dies down, and ML catches up with supply and demand, you'll start to see used ones selling below MSRP, as is the norm. I'm sure by the fall you'll likely be able to pick up a "slightly used" EQ800 for price of a new EQ600.

It's not a bad play, pocket $350, purchase again at a reduced price, and the sale financed half of the next one. Hmm....come to think of it - lol
March 28, 2018 02:05AM
It may not be for everyone and has a learning curb the deus took time to learn and the impact took time for me to understand but I like new toys and seeing what they can and can't do

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!