Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cz-3d on gold coins

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cz-3d on gold coins
April 18, 2007 03:48PM
Has anyone found or know of anyone finding a gold coin with the 3-d that they believe the enhanced mode is responsible for?
Re: Cz-3d on gold coins
April 20, 2007 10:03PM
I know of 7 people (independent of each other) that have found gold coins with a CZ-3D. Five of the gold coins were directly attributable to the "3D" function.... reading the Half Eagles as a 'high-tone'. The other 2 detectorists that found a gold coin.... there was absolutely no direct credit attributed to the 3D enhanced function. One of those 2 gold coins was a $10 Eagle that would have read as a "Zinc" high-tone on any CZ....... and the other detectorist found a $2.50 Quarter Eagle that reported as a mid-tone on his 3D....... and would have read as a mid-tone on any CZ. "Round-tab" on any CZ...... and "Square Tab" on CZ-3D only. And most of these detectorists..... for what ever reasons..... choose to NOT advertise their findings (or locations).

Tom
Re: Cz-3d on gold coins
April 21, 2007 04:25AM
I believe if I were to finally ever recover a gold coin, I would never shut up about it! smiling smiley I would forever have the detector and settings etched in my memory! (however, like your best "fishing holes"...you keep the location quiet)