Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone taken the Nox for a nice dip yet ?

Posted by Xray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone taken the Nox for a nice dip yet ?
March 26, 2018 11:06PM
As in, complete dunking for at least 20 minutes or so.

I was a victim of the Whites, what was it, MXT ?? Fiasco when units were frying left and right from leaks.
Mine lasted 15 minutes on its virgin dunking and I sent it back for a refund.
My AT Pro has held up well with many hours in the water over 3 years, but a backup water machine would be nice.

What is the warranty on these things ?
[I know questions have likely already been answered, Nox threads tend to get pretty long and I don't have the time to sift through them].

I can recall browsing through quite a few threads about warranty nightmares with ML, hopefully they have improved.
Re: Anyone taken the Nox for a nice dip yet ?
March 26, 2018 11:49PM
Warranty.... 3 years. Thou they do some silly stuff like wanting the whole machine back to correct a bad shaft .... or some long waits for repairs. .. they get it done. Couple people like Tony Eisenhower has because they did their own phones.
March 27, 2018 12:33AM
If you dunked a MXT of course it will fry.
March 27, 2018 01:44AM
GreenMeanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you dunked a MXT of course it will fry.

Forgot its name and didn't feel like googling it, whatever their hybrid water machine was/is
March 27, 2018 08:43AM
You need to google it....... i dont remember any of the whites drowning. You sure you aint talking about AT Pro..... Garrett or the ML CTX? ML has improved their turn around time..... im not hearing much Negative talk about their new repair shop in PA.
March 27, 2018 09:27AM
There were a few reports of water leaks with the White's MX Sport when it first came out.

I don't know how widespread the problem was, but a few people posted messages about it.
March 27, 2018 11:55AM
It was the MX Sports that had the cracking issues and were drowning. AT Pros also had some seal issues initially, and then charged $40 for owners to send them in for seal upgrades, fix the crappy cam-locks they initially were released with and they kicked in an extra year on the warranty.
March 27, 2018 07:34PM
Yeah it was mx sport [knew it was mx something].
As I recall, there was a significant amount of failures, in fact I impulse bought one then started reviewing, I ran into numerous reports of dying in water.
I was going to cancel the order but figured no, we'll see what happens - And what happened was mine died after 15 minutes in the drink.
So it happens, you would think quality control would catch an obvious defect like that early on but apparently they didn't.

I understand that making electrical circuits reliably submersible is a challenge and I will wait for multiple field reports to build up before making any move.
There are bound to be some failures, just hope they don't rise to the level of a product defect like the sport.
March 28, 2018 12:57AM
Guess I'll take coil off the shaft and put mine in the tub. lol
March 28, 2018 07:09PM
I think Ole' calabash took in the Hot tub with Him. Ha!
March 28, 2018 08:06PM
Hot tub counts, so long as it got nice and wet !
March 29, 2018 05:40AM
Supposed to be 80 degress this weekend, from cold and rainy to hot and sunny in a week, amazing.

Might try some lake hunting this weekend if the lake level isn't too high.