Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mine detecting

Posted by Texasdirtdauber 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mine detecting
March 28, 2018 07:27PM
My nephew has several locations (underground mines) in the California desert he wants to prospect. He is seeking info on the best gold machines for this purpose. California desert rats, gimme some help here.
Re: Mine detecting
March 28, 2018 10:38PM
Best advice on old underground mines is to stay out of them. There are any number of life threatening things in them. Critters, open shafts (some covered by water), sensitive dynamite, rocks ready to collapse with slight provocation, and sneakiest of all - gasses. You don't notice them until it's too late and simply pass out.

Don't do it.
March 29, 2018 12:20AM
Thanks, I'll so advise.
March 29, 2018 04:19PM
Of course you could hit the jackpot like this guy did and find a six figure pair of 1800's Levi's:

[abc7news.com]
March 31, 2018 01:53PM
Not familiar with this type mine, but coming from coal region area we have coal mines....Gases are the big culprit miners had canary in cage with them and if canary dropped over time to get out....no treasure out there worth loss of life so be careful....
March 31, 2018 08:16PM
I do a lot of gold hunting in the Az deserts around old mines. You already got the best advice....stay out of them! That's not to say that you can't be successful around them, though. Hunt the tailing piles for specimen gold. Use a high frequency VLF that has discrimination capability due to the ever present iron trash. When you get a hit on a rock take it (them) home and wash them off and then inspect them carefully for signs of gold or copper. Can be rewarding and a lot of fun.

Machines to consider;
Gold bug pro
Makro gold racer
Equinox 800
ML gold monster
Just to name a few.

Dean
March 31, 2018 10:39PM
Treasure comes in all forms not just precious coins and metals. Thanks for posting the article.

Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course you could hit the jackpot like this guy
> did and find a six figure pair of 1800's Levi's:
>
> [abc7news.com]
> y-old-jeans-from-the-1880s-/735135/