Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab CTX 3030

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab CTX 3030
March 30, 2018 01:48AM
I'm thinking about getting a CTX 3030 if I can find a good used one at a decent price. I like trying different detectors to see how they compare. I've been through a bunch and they all find treasures, but some are just more fun to use than others.

tabman
Re: Minelab CTX 3030
March 30, 2018 01:56AM
I have one. Little over 2 years remaining warranty. PM or email me for details.
March 30, 2018 03:00PM
Excellent machines Tabman especially in not too terrible (4/5 bar dirt). Great on beaches too.

Fun to use and so many ways to set it up and hunt for specific type conductors. Very unique in many ways/applications. The target trace feature is very telling to decipher trash from solid good targets when in doubt. It will surprise you many times over in how deep and/or when you pull something you never thought it’d find thumbs down

I use mine along with the Deus for a one/two punch on many sites I hunt.

6” coil is a must for trashy/nail infested sites.

Let us know if you find/get one thumbs down
March 30, 2018 03:23PM
MRH is right to say what he did Tabman. When you get some time spent with it you’ll realize that as long as you are employing the BASICS OF DETECTING it is one of a kind. Finding trash in the hole with coins is an every-hunt occurrence with me...EVERY HUNT.
March 30, 2018 08:39PM
Lol his wife is going to kill me.
March 30, 2018 11:40PM
Well I pulled the trigger! Craig had a GREAT deal on one that came with the stock and the 6 inch search coil. I've heard so many good things about the CTX that I had to give one a try. Wegund did a great job talking me through on how to best set up my Deus detector for my type of detecting. I'm rocking and rolling with the Deus! He'll have his work cut out for them self talking me through on how best to setup the CTX.

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2018 11:42PM by tabman.