Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 WITHE 13 ULTIMATE COIL VERSE EQUINOX 600

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 WITHE 13 ULTIMATE COIL VERSE EQUINOX 600
March 30, 2018 08:01PM
Testing the F75 13 inch ultimate coil against the Equinox 600..ULTIMATE COIL
Re: F75 WITHE 13 ULTIMATE COIL VERSE EQUINOX 600
March 30, 2018 08:13PM
I have found that the Ultimate 13 inch coils I have for my Whites V3i/MXT Pro and E-Trac are really good coils.

Guess I may have to spring for one for my F75.

If you go out and test that F75 with the Ultimate coil again, I wonder what the eagle button, deep dime and silver half ID at when running DE mode, 1 tone, disc at 6...and then again with disc at 16.

It should hit all 3 in DE mode with that coil....just wondering on the ID.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2018 08:14PM by therover61.
March 30, 2018 11:25PM
Why do you give the Nox a wide sweep--which is conducive to showing a "blank- signal-blank" type response which would make it appear to be hitting the target harder. You wiggle the 75 more,sorta like the famous ML wiggle.

The 75 has a thousand eyes and all of them watchin' you.
March 31, 2018 01:27AM
gimme a break that was a fair test if I ever did one.....
March 31, 2018 03:44AM
you need to try De, not boost its a slower process. also try running on 0 sens de on 10 " qtr. I can hit it 4" off ground. question to all that own 13 ult. my ground balance numbers are 8 to 10 lower than my 7x11. are you seeing the same?
March 31, 2018 03:59AM
Doc,
Sir you need to hunt with a Nox runner.
Preferably someone running 800 model.

Then you will get good bird's eye view of what's happening.
Be sure to bring your F75 any series along too.

Tones on the detector are one of its strengths too. The way they work. Especially in modern trash.
March 31, 2018 04:45AM
artdegiovanni Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you need to try De, not boost its a slower process

That's why I asked calabash if he runs another test with the F75 to use those settings. You have to sweep slower and allow the processing to catch up in boost mode. De or Je is the mode he should be testing in. At least that's what I think.

I never use BP mode when I hunt with my F75 unless I am hearing NOTHING under the coil.
March 31, 2018 12:10PM
I can't wait to see what the accessory coils for the equinox will do!
March 31, 2018 12:36PM
We have every popular detector with every popular coil trying to pick up every possible target being masked by every possible piece of iron or trash at every possible angle at every possible depth. I am keeping mental notes. And oh yeah don't forget the disclaimer.....Your soil might produce different results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 08:58PM by goodmore.
March 31, 2018 12:39PM
JUST remember the EQUINOX has been in park 2 the WHOLE time....
March 31, 2018 01:12PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Doc,
> Sir you need to hunt with a Nox runner.
> Preferably someone running 800 model.
>
> Then you will get good bird's eye view of what's h
> appening.
> Be sure to bring your F75 any series along too.
>
> Tones on the detector are one of its strengths too
> . The way they work. Especially in modern trash.

"In the eye of the beholder" is how I view any video---same as everyone else,even the person making them. Videos take a lot of personal effort and are much appreciated by their targeted audience.

I have noticed in the 75 series,of which are the most numerous,that in each video the 75 seems to do "better"---could this be because the operator is learning how to set up the detector??

By now it is pretty obvious that the Nox does have something to offer,but it still won't cure dandruff.Perhaps the Nox message would be better received IF the messenger was concentrating on showing what/how the Nox will find targets in areas that have been pounded by these obsolete detectors,instead of a constant "see,see the Nox will outperform a 10 year old outdated model of your beloved detector".
March 31, 2018 01:29PM
Personally I don't think the Nox message will be better received by SOME no matter how anything really is presented.

Folks peruse and read metal detecting forums for different reasons.

Maybe some are detector shopping.

So they can read and watch videos and make up their own minds.

I am not going to shoot any messenger, as long as I truly believe what they are showing has merit. If I haven't run the equipment being displayed / used, oh well, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm sure someone here has indeed run the detector model(s) in question.

With all this being said.

Anyone notice anything missing on this forum?
I do.

Think about what we haven't seen here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 01:31PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 31, 2018 01:43PM
Modesty??
March 31, 2018 02:36PM
Ouch!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 31, 2018 02:49PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> Modesty??

+1thumbs down
March 31, 2018 03:46PM
"You agree to be courteous in your use of the Dankowski Detectors and to refrain from engaging in personal attacks".

There's ya a couple things missing, especially here lately. Seldom does a thread pop up where the same handful of people aren't making some kind of snide or snarky remark.

I will agree that the Equinox threads have stole the spotlight over the last few months, and that the ground is saturated with posts about it. I will chime in every once in a while here, but have refrained from starting threads here about the Nox because I know how it can be when there is too much of one thing. And no matter how much you might like a person, they CAN and will wear their welcome out if they come around too often!

In the mean time I've been hunting with mine quite a bit, just in places I've got access to around the house. Here is what all has came out of my yard thus far with the Nox. This is in an area that was cleared of ALL signals with the CTX and eTrac, and including the F75 and T2. When I say cleared on the CTX, this is what I was eluding to when I mentioned running Combined tone profile, with the Fe line set to 32, and no disc pattern. Digging every signal. I had it wiped clean. Since I took this picture, you can add 2 additional wheat cents, a few clad coins, and a large caliber musket ball.

20180323_222509 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr
March 31, 2018 04:16PM
I thought it interesting, I was at the beach the other day. Spring break is bringing out the depositors but no noticeable increase in targets. There were 3 guys hunting and all had 800s! I am finding it easier to ID the good finds than with any other detector and I've used most of the really good ones on this beach. And this is still very early in the learning curve. I haven't seen an F75 around here since I traded mine for a TDI and an XP GMP. The 800 is more satisfying then they were...

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 31, 2018 04:38PM
The things that have been missing on this Forum are (in depth) reports on the E800 from Daniel, Keith & Wayne!!-----"Let 'er rip" Daniel--you're not going to wear your welcome out here.---A LOT of us appreciate & get a LOT out of your posts/reports.-----Daniel--I'm just curious--after owning/testing/using all those other detectors you have had in the past & ending up getting rid of them.----Is the E800 one that you are going to keep (long term)?----That alone would speak volumes to me!-----Another guy that I was really watching & VERY interested in his test/hunt reports was Tom-CA because he hunts mainly the same type of ground/sites I do.------But---alas, he got rid of his E800 (that fact alone said something to me).-----Tom's a "tough sell" & if he kept that thing, I was going to get one!smiling smiley-------Just the "ramblings" of an ole man on a "fixed income"----I can't afford to own/test all these detectors like you young fellas (wish I could)----BUT---I can read/make a decision & hunt---in that order (sorta)!!grinning smiley------Del
March 31, 2018 07:07PM
Del -- As of now I am going to say YES, the Nox is sticking around a while for me.

Very briefly, the reason I never kept anything in the past for very long is that I do a lot of different hunting. I may to full bore into Civil War relics, then hop over to freshwater beach hunting, then as a side niche to that, when we hit the saltwater beaches for vacation, I like having a machine for that as well. My normal routine was to rotate machines for whatever phase I was into, so that I would have what I considered to be the best for that particular niche. I couldn't and wouldn't keep a half dozen machines in the closet, so my usual routine was to sell or trade for the Detector that best fit my niche at the time. By doing that, I limited myself to just one or two machines. My wish has always been for one machine to be able to handle everything I do, and not just be a jack of all trades but master of none. My fear was, that the Nox would be just that. I was wrong and have been pleased with mine. If I did have 5 or 6 machines, I would feel confident and comfortable enough to sell them and keep the Nox 800. The only thing I feel I am missing would be a pulse machine for extreme ground conditions, in which case could be handled with a TDI and mono coil.
March 31, 2018 08:38PM
Sorry. Double post

See post below

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 10:30PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
March 31, 2018 09:01PM
"You agree to be courteous in your use of the Dankowski Detectors and to refrain from engaging in personal attacks".

Very true......all said with love and a smile. Happy Easter to those that celebrate it.
March 31, 2018 10:31PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> The things that have been missing on this Forum are (in depth) reports on the E800 from Daniel, Keith & Wayne!!

Lol

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my testing/reporting abilities Del. I’m sure Keith appreciates the praise too thumbs down

I’d like to offer in depth test/reports on the 800 here but my main reason for not doing such is because I’m not going to lay out nearly a $1000 for another “jack of all trades” type unit just to wait a month or more to get it OR pay $1200/$1300 for one on eBay to the scabs selling them at overblown prices JUST to do some test and reports on it and then have to sell the thing trying to get the $$ back out of it when all is said/done and when I find that I won’t keep it to begin with because it won’t out do my top end niche machines. I don’t like jack of all trades machines to begin with because even though they may be good at one or 2 things or be “good enough” at most — that’s not what I want/need in or of a machine. When I go to my ghost town sites where the iron is so thick that you can’t swing 1 inch in any direction for 200 yards no matter which way you walk without machine gun iron sounding off = I want the ABSOLUTE best machine/s made for that scenario. When I hunt a river/creek where mills were/etc and the iron is small med and large including flat iron — I want the absolute BEST machine for that scenario (including concentric coils for it) so I can identify it and not be fooled with a unit that ONLY has DD coils. When I hunt an old still standing 1800s house site/yard and VID at extreme depth is an absolute MUST — then I want the absolute BEST unit for that too. On and on.

So, I think you can see that even if I did do some testing and reporting here on the 800 and even if I came to the conclusion that it’s a great all arounder at numerous task/etc (which it seems to be proving itself to be) = it isn’t going to meet/exceed the demands in/of what I need and want for my intended sites/targets and under every circumstance. It just simply will not excel above and beyond all units under all conditions in all circumstances for all purposes for all targets no matter how hard anyone tries to sell that BULLSCHIT and so for ME personally, I would still rather have 6 different machines that are THE ABSOLUTE BEST at 6 different task/targets in certain circumstances/conditions, etc RATHER than have one that is just good enough or excellent at one or 2 things but lacks at/for others. So, it’d be just a waste of $$ for me to buy/keep it when it will not meet all as described above to begin with.

On the other hand. If anyone here wants to ship me one to test for a week or so in the nastiest iron infested ghost town sites you can imagine as well as a few other places and write some reports on my findings in how it compares to the dozens of other units I’ve had on these sites = I’d be more than happy to do so and give a full blown in your face good bad and ugly no holds barred report because I have no agenda driving me like so many others here do. I don’t care about being a YouTube star to get 10,000 greenhorn idiots following me to feed my ego or whether or not minelab will send me units to test in the future if I kiss their azz praising their unit/s enough etc etc like so many others here reporting on the thing do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 10:58PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
March 31, 2018 10:32PM
goodmore Wrote:
>
"You agree to be courteous in your use of
> the Dankowski Detectors and to refrain from engagi
> ng in personal attacks".

>
>
>
>
> Very true......all said with love and a smile. Hap
> py Easter to those that celebrate it.

Thanks Goodmore.
I happened to be born on Easter.
If I live to be 95, I Will have had 4 birthdays on Easter Sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 10:34PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 31, 2018 10:51PM
Haha Ole Wayne!
March 31, 2018 10:56PM
Thanks Goodmore.
I happened to be born on Easter.
If I live to be 95, I Will have had 4 birthdays on Easter Sunday.

Small world....Next year April 21st which is Easter will be my birthday. Enjoy yours!
April 01, 2018 02:46AM
Just curious whats your BEST machine for that thick ghost town iron you speak of? Everybody seems to think that people are trying to get free detectors from companies because they like a detector and show it doing good. I sold no telling how many Deus units with my videos.... I got a free coil and pin pointer from those guys and the pin pointer was only because they wanted to use my finds that made the best finds cover of eastern and western this year on their site and face book page. . I guess by my Equinox videos you can tell I'm not a Deus yes man.
If people think I'm trying to get free minelab machines you got it all wrong ..... I dont want to test machines for a company BECAUSE I SEE what those guys have to do. They have to give watered down reviews and become under obligation to keep it toned down about the negatives of the detectors they test...I was told by someone they could get me in with a certain company to test and I told them I would pass for the reasons I stated above.
I dont need to be a yes man to any company I have the money to buy any detectors I want........I dont just do test videos either I have live dig videos too. I also have live digs of my John Adams button and George Washington this year and numerous confederate buttons and war of 1812 buttons.etc. I dont just hunt in my yard I also go into the field and find priceless pieces of history too. I dug 60 something civil war buttons and pre civil war buttons last year .If you want to judge a person s skill level by finds I got a few good ones...

What I'm getting at is some might judge peoples motives and not have a clue about that person. I think I have enough finds to prove I can hunt the iron and my opinion might have a little weight to it when I talk about a machine and how it handles iron. I dont hunt ghost towns but do live in civil war era and colonial era iron loaded home sites. I dont see many others posting equinox videos here so I kinda take you post to be pointing at me.

What company you get free machines from?

MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The things that have been missing on this Forum
> are (in depth) reports on the E800 from Daniel, Ke
> ith & Wayne!!
>
>
> Lol
>
> Thanks for the vote of confidence in my testing/re
> porting abilities Del. I’m sure Keith appreciates
> the praise too thumbs down
>
> I’d like to offer in depth test/reports on the 800
> here but my main reason for not doing such is beca
> use I’m not going to lay out nearly a $1000 for an
> other “jack of all trades” type unit just to wait
> a month or more to get it OR pay $1200/$1300 for o
> ne on eBay to the scabs selling them at overblown
> prices JUST to do some test and reports on it and
> then have to sell the thing trying to get the $$ b
> ack out of it when all is said/done and when I fin
> d that I won’t keep it to begin with because it wo
> n’t out do my top end niche machines. I don’t like
> jack of all trades machines to begin with because
> even though they may be good at one or 2 things or
> be “good enough” at most — that’s not what I want/
> need in or of a machine. When I go to my ghost tow
> n sites where the iron is so thick that you can’t
> swing 1 inch in any direction for 200 yards no mat
> ter which way you walk without machine gun iron so
> unding off = I want the ABSOLUTE best machine/s ma
> de for that scenario. When I hunt a river/creek wh
> ere mills were/etc and the iron is small med and l
> arge including flat iron — I want the absolute BES
> T machine for that scenario (including concentric
> coils for it) so I can identify it and not be fool
> ed with a unit that ONLY has DD coils. When I hunt
> an old still standing 1800s house site/yard and VI
> D at extreme depth is an absolute MUST — then I wa
> nt the absolute BEST unit for that too. On and on.
>
> So, I think you can see that even if I did do some
> testing and reporting here on the 800 and even if
> I came to the conclusion that it’s a great all aro
> under at numerous task/etc (which it seems to be p
> roving itself to be) = it isn’t going to meet/exce
> ed the demands in/of what I need and want for my i
> ntended sites/targets and under every circumstance
> . It just simply will not excel above and beyond a
> ll units under all conditions in all circumstances
> for all purposes for all targets no matter how har
> d anyone tries to sell that BULLSCHIT and so for M