Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQ 800 Testing/Reports By the Masses of Joes

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
EQ 800 Testing/Reports By the Masses of Joes
March 31, 2018 11:44PM
Since I posted this in another thread and certain people are trying to bury it so others don't see it = thought I'd start my own thread so most have a chance to read it. Starts off with a quote from D&P-OR (Del) in re: to EQ800 testing in the other thread.

D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The things that have been missing on this Forum are (in depth) reports on the E800 from Daniel, Keith & Wayne!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my testing/reporting abilities Del. I’m sure Keith appreciates the praise too thumbs down

I’d like to offer in depth test/reports on the 800 here but my main reason for not doing such is because I’m not going to lay out nearly a $1000 for another “jack of all trades” type unit just to wait a month or more to get it OR pay $1200/$1300 for one on eBay to the scabs selling them at overblown prices JUST to do some test and reports on it and then have to sell the thing trying to get the $$ back out of it when all is said/done and when I find that I won’t keep it to begin with because it won’t out do my top end niche machines. I don’t like jack of all trades machines to begin with because even though they may be good at one or 2 things or be “good enough” at most — that’s not what I want/need in or of a machine. When I go to my ghost town sites where the iron is so thick that you can’t swing 1 inch in any direction for 200 yards no matter which way you walk without machine gun iron sounding off = I want the ABSOLUTE best machine/s made for that scenario. When I hunt a river/creek where mills were/etc and the iron is small med and large including flat iron — I want the absolute BEST machine for that scenario (including concentric coils for it) so I can identify it and not be fooled with a unit that ONLY has DD coils. When I hunt an old still standing 1800s house site/yard and VID at extreme depth is an absolute MUST — then I want the absolute BEST unit for that too. On and on.

So, I think you can see that even if I did do some testing and reporting here on the 800 and even if I came to the conclusion that it’s a great all arounder at numerous task/etc (which it seems to be proving itself to be) = it isn’t going to meet/exceed the demands in/of what I need and want for my intended sites/targets and under every circumstance. It just simply will not excel above and beyond all units under all conditions in all circumstances for all purposes for all targets no matter how hard anyone tries to sell that BULLSCHIT and so for ME personally, I would still rather have 6 different machines that are THE ABSOLUTE BEST at 6 different task/targets in certain circumstances/conditions, etc RATHER than have one that is just good enough or excellent at one or 2 things but lacks at/for others. So, it’d be just a waste of $$ for me to buy/keep it when it will not meet all as described above to begin with.

On the other hand. If anyone here wants to ship me one to test for a week or so in the nastiest iron infested ghost town sites you can imagine as well as a few other places so I can write some reports on my findings in how it compares to the dozens of other units I’ve had on these sites over the yrs = I’d be more than happy to do so and give a full blown in your face good bad and ugly no holds barred report because I have no agenda driving me like so many others here do. I don’t care about being a YouTube star to get 10,000 greenhorn idiots following me to feed my ego, or, whether or not minelab will send me free units to test in the future if I kiss their azz praising their unit/s enough etc. etc. like so many others here reporting on the thing do.
Re: EQ 800 Testing/Reports By the Masses of Joes
March 31, 2018 11:55PM
Well.........alright then.
April 01, 2018 12:59AM
I know I'm sick of hearing about the Nox. My stable of detectors range from 25 years old to modern and probably won't give the NOX a try because I'm so tired of hearing about it and seeing something about it in every thread. I just got the Multi Kruzer today and looking forward to getting the 7in concentric for it to try on some of my really trashy sites!

XP Deus
CTX 3030
Makro Multi Kruzer
Tom tuned CZ 6a and CZ 5
Sovereign GT and XS2a pro
MXT Pro
G2 +
F75 LTD
Tesoro Vaquero and Mojave
April 01, 2018 01:16AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> Since I posted this in another thread and certain
> people are trying to bury it so others don't see i
> t = thought I'd start my own thread so most have a
> chance to read it.

You appear to be quite emotional about the Equinox. But if you would take the time to think through some of the effects of this release you would be grateful to Minelab. Because, the used detector market is now being flooded with those "Specialty" detectors you cherish at rock bottom prices. That affords you the opportunity to buy some backup detectors or coils you want, as well as try out "Specialty" detectors you may not have had the chance to try.
April 01, 2018 03:06AM
I saw your post on my thread and heres my answer to what you said....................................Just curious whats your BEST machine for that thick ghost town iron you speak of? Everybody seems to think that people are trying to get free detectors from companies because they like a detector and show it doing good. I sold no telling how many Deus units with my videos.... I got a free coil and pin pointer from those guys and the pin pointer was only because they wanted to use my finds that made the best finds cover of eastern and western this year on their site and face book page. . I guess by my Equinox videos you can tell I'm not a Deus yes man.
If people think I'm trying to get free minelab machines you got it all wrong ..... I dont want to test machines for a company BECAUSE I SEE what those guys have to do. They have to give watered down reviews and become under obligation to keep it toned down about the negatives of the detectors they test...I was told by someone they could get me in with a certain company to test and I told them I would pass for the reasons I stated above.
I dont need to be a yes man to any company I have the money to buy any detectors I want........I dont just do test videos either I have live dig videos too. I also have live digs of my John Adams button and George Washington this year and numerous confederate buttons and war of 1812 buttons.etc. I dont just hunt in my yard I also go into the field and find priceless pieces of history too. I dug 60 something civil war buttons and pre civil war buttons last year .If you want to judge a person s skill level by finds I got a few good ones...

What I'm getting at is some might judge peoples motives and not have a clue about that person. I think I have enough finds to prove I can hunt the iron and my opinion might have a little weight to it when I talk about a machine and how it handles iron. I dont hunt ghost towns but do live in civil war era and colonial era iron loaded home sites. I dont see many others posting equinox videos here so I kinda take you post to be pointing at me.

What companies are sending you free detectors please do tell........
April 01, 2018 03:13AM
Cut it out calabash, now you are being obNOXious...LOL
April 01, 2018 03:30AM
Hombre Wrote:
> Cut it out calabash, now you are being obNOXious..
> .LOL

Gotta admit...that was a good one.
April 01, 2018 04:01AM
drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 04:03AM by Dr.Tones.
April 01, 2018 04:33AM
LoL

you guys are funny!

I wasn't aiming the "free machines" thing at you calabash -- that was more for someone else here that has even made the statement that he wants or hopes minelab would send him units/etc. to test.

Currently and for the last 6/8 months I've been using my Deus (3rd one now) for my iron infested sites mainly but do have/had others that I use/used

Although I'm no longer interested being a part of it for any company = I was a field tester for the Nokta Impact during the last couple of months of software tweaking/development (machine is a test unit - it is printed on the faceplate = "test unit/not for sale") it's not a completely finished street model per'se like they sent some of the others here of the Kruzer units 10 days before release and told them to go play with them and report/talk about them on the forums to help amp up pre-sale. I wasn't involved in the process start to finish like a couple of the other guys were (namely Tom D, Steve H and Keith Southern) who know a lot more about developing/aiding in the development of a machine from concept to finished product than I do but I was under non disclosure agreement for about a couple of months and it was far more in depth than the guys who got a finished street model Kruzer to play with 10 days before release date to come here and talk about/show videos on.

I've used it (the Impact) in many iron infested sites as well as many other makro/nokta units over the yrs and I'm actually going to buy one of the multi kruzers (looking for one as we speak)

I'm also going to grab up one of the Vista Gold Gain units when the dealer/s get more in stock to add to the tool shed for iron sifting

As I said = I don't like "all arounder" type units with just a couple 3/4 preset factory programs dumbed down for the masses and I don't care how good anyone claims them to be = that will never change for me. I've been in this game since 1977 and have used/owned in the 75/80 units or more range now -- I think I can determine well enough what I need in/of a machine and what I don't and what I like in/of one and don't too.

I too do videos but my style of them is not to capture the support of 1000s of newbies to follow/praise me and feed my ego (not saying that's your purpose) but I'm just talking about me/why I do it. I share them here on occasion with the guys and that's about it. I've documented some great finds since starting to record vids but I live in Michigan so we don't have the history of the south and our finds don't compare from a historical standpoint but that's not what makes a guy a true, skilled and knowledgeable hunter anyway. If you live in an area that has the finds then most anyone with a metal detector and a little research can find them no matter how skilled they are or aren't. It just helps to be a better/more skilled hunter with the best equipment to put more finds in the pouch at the end of the day and especially on depleted sites where the skill and knowledge is needed the most (or in other words) the more you have = the better thumbs down
April 01, 2018 04:49AM
Equinox with the 6” will absolutely slay any current machine on the market in ghost towns and heavy iron. I promise. Not that that means anything. No one will take my word for it. I’m just another egotistical YouTuber smileys with beer We’ll wait for “the real reports” to come back... again.
April 01, 2018 04:53AM
MRH, get your facts straight.
I offered to test any VLF unit for any manufacturer.
I didn't single out Minelab or any other manufacturer.

I sure am not demanding or begging, just offered here publicly- shouldn't be a crime or a person with any ulterior motives to do.

As far as my posting of Equinox, all I have posted is true.
I have posted things about Deus before Equinox, and Xp has never ever talked me about testing anything,
I just like the detector and reported on it.

You keep trying to rationalize publically why you don't like or want Equinox.
There are lots of detector models I have no interest in.
But you don't see me ranting and raving about not buying one of them.

NASA-Tom has been reviewing my data as far as Equinox.
There are no Equinox threads here I have started where the titles, where trickery was played.
Meaning everyone here knows good and well they are ABOUT Equinox.
So if you read, it's your fault.

There are other people here besides 1-3 that can use and talk about detectors.
It is not brain surgery.
You want to make it surgery it seems.

You have started actually about as many threads mentioning or talking about Equinox as I have. But you don't even have a unit, never have, and it seems don't plan on.

So the Equinox is here to stay for some time- get use to it.
And I am too.
April 01, 2018 05:03AM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
> Equinox with the 6” will absolutely slay any curre
> nt machine on the market in ghost towns and heavy
> iron. I promise. Not that that means anything. No
> one will take my word for it. I’m just another ego
> tistical YouTuber smileys with beer We’ll wait for “the real re
> ports” to come back... again.

With what I have witnessed using 11" DD coil, I am not surprised.
Kudos to your work with Equinox.
I mean this sincerely.
And others who were involved too.
April 01, 2018 05:50AM
TNshitshooter get YOUR facts straight, nobody's trying to make anything out to be anything you say and not paranoid much/are you??

Dr.Tones Wrote:

Equinox with the 6” will absolutely slay any current machine on the market in ghost towns and heavy iron. I promise. Not that that means anything. No one will take my word for it. I’m just another egotistical YouTuber smileys with beer We’ll wait for “the real reports” to come back... again.

Dr Tones

that's a pretty BOLD statement.

I'm sure you can back that up though because you've used and tested every current known machine and coil on the market to date as of say even just the last 2 yrs (including ALL foreign makes/models) which allows for you to make that statement with absolute certainty and 100% accuracy to begin with?

I highly doubt that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 06:01AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
April 01, 2018 10:55AM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
> Equinox with the 6” will absolutely slay any curre
> nt machine on the market in ghost towns and heavy
> iron. I promise. Not that that means anything. No
> one will take my word for it. I’m just another ego
> tistical YouTuber smileys with beer We’ll wait for “the real re
> ports” to come back... again.

It is Eastern morning and he has Risen.
April 01, 2018 11:20AM
grinning smiley Now thats a good one! HH jim ttn
April 01, 2018 12:46PM
I think I would be as competent as any to say how the Deus stacks up to the Nox .I have over a 1000 hrs on that unit and have dug thousands of targets from the iron. I also developed a pitch program to hunt iron with it. You should try it sometimes works really well and a lot of people have had great success with it. Oh yeah I do have a few old farts that follow my channel its just not all newbies...smoking smiley You want me to tell you how it stacks up.....very well and better in some aspects...That's comparing the 11 inch coil on the Nox to the 9inch Deus hf coil. After I got my Equinox I sold ALL my LF coils for the Deus. Why do you think that is?

I too like to tweak my Detectors for my sites BUT the so called dumbed down Equinox is performing on the high end tweak rich machines. That's not a accurate statement that you made though. The Equinox 800 has just as many adjustments as the DEUS but you would not know that because you don't have one and that's understandable. Your making a lot of assumptions about a machine that you have not tried. A quick search of the forums and you would see hundreds of post by DIFFERENT users saying exactly opposite of what your saying. I'm sorry I forgot they are all trying to curry favor with minelab to get some free machines and or get thousand of newbies to follow them on youtube to help with their giant egos. hot smiley

We sent a person to the moon and you are saying a company cant develop a detector that's GREAT at digging parks, beach , and relics all in one unit..... Have you looked down at your IPHONE lately? An ole timer can be wrong they are not inflallable. Theres only one who holds that title and woodchip has already made a comment about him.

I get that you have been doing this a long time and have had a ton of machines over the years. This aint 1980 its 2018 and companies need to bring something more to the table for us. Seems like you ole timers have always wanted that and when a company does(or tries ) to do something you guys jump out and say lets kill it. I don't get it...wait a minute I do . Its seems like you guys are used to companies just rebadging their products... like Garrett , Fisher, and Whites do... Well something new is here and love it or hate it . Its new and I don't know if their a detector on the market that can keep up with it coil size for coil size. Maybe one of Woodchips foreign jobs might equal it don't know haven't tried them

Heres a thought lets pretend the Vista gold gain seperates as good as the Equinox. ( I don't know the answer to that) . So what if its just as good as the nox? Why not just buy a Nox? Those vista machines are just one trick ponies from what I read...They are gonna have to beat the Equinox in iron for me to buy one. Take your vista to the park, beach , etc. I think Keiths video says they cant disc out foil? I might be wrong if I am in saying that please accept my apologies but I thought he said they only disc up to iron. So its a one trick pony that would have to be (BETTER) by far in iron for me to spend another 600.00 bucks on one. It might be and it might not be better in iron , I don't know have not tried one ........

If you need a machine that so calls IDs at depth for your trashed out 1800s home sites. You might want to go look at subes write up of the CTX and Equinox 800 in the field test. He was finding coins with the Nox that the CTX couldn't even tell him tonally they wee there. I don't think he post here though...

Whats your motive?

I know a lot of guys who have been doing this a long time. As you stated above finds don't equal skill level well time don't equal knowledge all the time either.( not saying that's the case with you though) just saying...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 12:50PM by calabash digger.
April 01, 2018 01:20PM
Man,

some of you'all drank WAY TOO MUCH of that EQ koolaid. Might wanna lay off that stuff = it's like watching drunks in a bar when you're the only sober person!
April 01, 2018 01:33PM
Even if I had a glimmer of a chance to try out the NOX, I would not take up the offer of a free one. This is because of the pontificating, pompous, and elite writings of calabash, Dr. Tones, TNSS and others. I think I could kick ass on anyone of them with my lowly Tesoro Outlaw.
April 01, 2018 01:41PM
Hombre Wrote:
> Even if I had a glimmer of a chance to try out the
> NOX, I would not take up the offer of a free one.
> This is because of the pontificating, pompous, and
> elite writings of calabash, Dr. Tones, TNSS and ot
> hers. I think I could kick ass on anyone of them w
> ith my lowly Tesoro Outlaw.

Well said Hombre/amen to that!
April 01, 2018 01:48PM
We are NOX..... we are in control..... your old detectors are useless........ you will be assimilated...... resistance is futile.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
April 01, 2018 01:54PM
MRH,
It's too bad that you are not in to the Nox. I really enjoyed your tests and videos of the Impact and always enjoy the pics of your finds regardless of the machine you use to find them. Your input on the Nox from the field would be welcomed. Your reasons are your own. There are a number of machines I'm not in to as well...never swung them but they just don't excite me.

I've been swinging the Nox for approx 80 hours now. It really is something different and special. Not perfect, but what new technology is? From what I've seen the Nox do with it's stock 11" coil on iron infested sites, oh man! I can only imagine what it will be able to do with the 6" coil! I'm taking Dr. Tone's statement very seriously.

Dean
April 01, 2018 02:09PM
Trying to remain kind to others....I will simply say that the Equinox forum talk is driving people insane. It's very hard to find a post on any forum where the Equinox doesn't get thrown into the discussion. Yeah we all know it's one hell of a detector. Many of us will eventually own one. But the forums which many of us go to relax and enjoy have been taken over by this movement. Now places like Findmall have something right. Sections dedicated to the Equinox discussion. I can simply not click to read any of it. But here and Friendly are totally corrupted. I pray for Nokta to release the Equinox killer just to stop the madness. Maybe this Fisher discriminating PI that may be released some time in the future. Again trying to remain nice and kind i will simply say that some of you need to give the Equinox talk a break. Go hunt and have fun.
April 01, 2018 02:17PM
You the one that came over and started stirring the kool aid......eye popping smiley MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> Man,
>
> some of you'all drank WAY TOO MUCH of that EQ kool
> aid. Might wanna lay off that stuff = it's like wa
> tching drunks in a bar when you're the only sober
> person!
April 01, 2018 02:25PM
You sound like that guy who posted on my post on another forum.... He stated that one of the reasons for him buying a AT MAX is because I wear crocs in my videos........ tongue sticking out smiley Give me a break! Hombre Wrote:
> Even if I had a glimmer of a chance to try out the
> NOX, I would not take up the offer of a free one.
> This is because of the pontificating, pompous, and
> elite writings of calabash, Dr. Tones, TNSS and ot
> hers. I think I could kick ass on anyone of them w
> ith my lowly Tesoro Outlaw.
April 01, 2018 02:33PM
calabash digger Wrote:

> Those vista machines are just one trick ponies from what I read.
>

But you never used one correct ? It's just what you read.

Well...you read wrong. It can and will hit deep silver. It can and will find gold jewelry (and in that respect, one has to dig foil and small aluminum and if someone tells me they find small gold and chains without digging that stuff they are a flat out liar). Take a Vista Gold Gain with a Super Six coil to a tot lot. It will find small gold if its there. I know because I found some.

It's just a matter of how much one wants to dig but I will tell you this...you don't dig small iron unless you really want to.

Totally cracked up with the Dr. Tones 'slay any machine on the market' response. Is the small coil for the Nox out yet ? Has it been used for thousands of hours pitted up against every machine on the market in ghost town hunting ?

Wow....that's what I believe stirs the pot...statements like that. Some people have not even received their NOX with the stock coil, and guys are out there stating garbage about a 6 inch coil. Just unbelievable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 02:35PM by therover61.
April 01, 2018 02:54PM
This is all an April Fools joke, right?
April 01, 2018 03:00PM
I didn't say it wouldn't find it . I said it would not disc out above iron. Is that correct? I can see the park hunter running around all over the place pooping holes everywhere chasing gum wrappers. Some have to be a little more picky in their areas and that was my main point.therover61 Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Those vista machines are just one trick ponies f
> rom what I read.
> >
>
> But you never used one correct ? It's just what yo
> u read.
>
> Well...you read wrong. It can and will hit deep si
> lver. It can and will find gold jewelry (and in th
> at respect, one has to dig foil and small aluminum
> and if someone tells me they find small gold and c
> hains without digging that stuff they are a flat o
> ut liar). Take a Vista Gold Gain with a Super Six
> coil to a tot lot. It will find small gold if its
> there. I know because I found some.
>
> It's just a matter of how much one wants to dig bu
> t I will tell you this...you don't dig small iron
> unless you really want to.
>
> Totally cracked up with the Dr. Tones 'slay any ma
> chine on the market' response. Is the small coil f
> or the Nox out yet ? Has it been used for thousand
> s of hours pitted up against every machine on the
> market in ghost town hunting ?
>
> Wow....that's what I believe stirs the pot...state
> ments like that. Some people have not even receive
> d their NOX with the stock coil, and guys are out
> there stating garbage about a 6 inch coil. Just un
> believable.
April 01, 2018 03:14PM
therover61 Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Those vista machines are just one trick ponies f
> rom what I read.
> >
>
> But you never used one correct ? It's just what yo
> u read.
>
> Well...you read wrong. It can and will hit deep si
> lver. It can and will find gold jewelry (and in th
> at respect, one has to dig foil and small aluminum
> and if someone tells me they find small gold and c
> hains without digging that stuff they are a flat o
> ut liar). Take a Vista Gold Gain with a Super Six
> coil to a tot lot. It will find small gold if its
> there. I know because I found some.
>
> It's just a matter of how much one wants to dig bu
> t I will tell you this...you don't dig small iron
> unless you really want to.
>
> Totally cracked up with the Dr. Tones 'slay any ma
> chine on the market' response. Is the small coil f
> or the Nox out yet ? Has it been used for thousand
> s of hours pitted up against every machine on the
> market in ghost town hunting ?
>
> Wow....that's what I believe stirs the pot...state
> ments like that. Some people have not even receive
> d their NOX with the stock coil, and guys are out
> there stating garbage about a 6 inch coil. Just un
> believable.

With ANY decent discrimination machine, "you don't dig small iron unless you really want to". I would hope in this day and age that's a given. CB actually stated he wasn't sure if what he read was true and apologized in advance. Of course you have to dig aluminum if you want to dig gold. Another given.

Dr. Tone's stated his belief based on what he has experienced thus far....just like you did. Are his beliefs not as valid as yours? Today, thanks to forums like this one, we don't have to personally swing every machine with every coil on it for 1000s of hours to make valid comparisons.

Dean
April 01, 2018 03:26PM
Calabash,

I know what you are saying. I just want to say this. I watched your videos of when you found that John Adams button, the GW and the small piece of gold (that piece is amazing).

I have come to the conclusion that you find a lot of great stuff because you dig a lot of trash too.I also think up until this point, the Deus as served you well and your ears are tuned to that machine and what it's telling you. There are a lot of hunters out there with hundreds if not thousands of hours on their particular machine and their ears are tuned to it. So when a person starts comparing detectors and has not used a unit as long as someone else has, the comparisons are not fair. Shoot, I watch you swing that Deus and you stop in your tracks and dig a nice piece and I say to myself...what the heck did he hear differently ?

I think in this sport, the more you dig, the more you find. A beach hunter with a PI will dig a ton more iron, but may end up with a piece of gold that NO VLF would have found because the gold was right next to a lot of iron and deeper than the VLF can detect. The PI hunter scoops up iron and gold together. Luck ? Maybe, but fact. Been there and done it.

So my point was, with a VGG, you can park hunt...if you want to. You just have to dig a lot more trash. Is that the optimal way of hunting a park ? Well...depends on the park.

I would think if anyone here on the forum went to a park for the first time, and that park has been in existence since the early 1800's, that we all would dig everything above iron. Yup...our sacks would be full of junk but I bet some really cool stuff would also be dug.

Modern park coin hunting....no way the VGG would be used. Which goes to your point of the Nox being able to hunt both applications. I agree. If a person were to set out beach hunting first, then tot lot hunting a few hours later and finish up the day relic hunting in a field, then the NOX is the unit to take. But most if not all of us don't do that. So when I plan on beach hunting I am beach hunting ALL DAY LONG. If I tot lot hunt, that's the plan for the day. So I have specific units (similar to what MRH has stated), that are optimal for that specific application, I am comfortable with the unit due to having hundreds of hours using it, and I feel confident in using it.

What burns my britches is shills stating things that are not factual at all ( NOT YOU !).

I said it before...I appreciate your videos, the time put in, and you trying to show the differences between the NOX and other units. Just be aware that there are hunters with lots and lots of hours put in on one specific machine and they are at a skill level that will rival any NOX user at this point.
April 01, 2018 03:57PM
Oh I dig my fair share of trash. I feel like I'm working for green peace and doing my part to clean up the environment... cashed in my aluminum from last year and got 10,000 for it! Just kidding but I know where your coming from.