Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What makes the vista gold gain so special?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What makes the vista gold gain so special?
April 01, 2018 03:13PM
Ok seems to be a lot who like this detector.... Is it the 30 kh that its running? Is it something different ? I mean why not just buy a kruzer if its the freq? Doesn't the kruzer go to 20 kh? Or a impact? I have a Deus with a hf coil so I 30kh and 54 kh. Is it the higher freq its running at or is something else going on? What is the price on the Vista?
Re: What makes the vista gold gain so special?
April 01, 2018 03:39PM
Keith said it has an analog type circuit while the Kruz/Impact are digital computer processed analog circuit disc modes.
I did not see any digital processor chip in my Vista Gold when doing pot change mod.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 01, 2018 03:40PM
I tried to get one but Richard didn't have any in stock and was waiting on one to arrive. 30 khz seems to be the sweet spot for relic hunting. I always run the 28.4 on the Deus, any higher or lower seems to lessen the performance in heavy iron. The Gold Gain with the super 6 coil seems to be the apex outfit for site unlocking according to Keith. I would have one but Richard talked me into a Multi Kruzer. It should be stellar with the 7in concentric in heavy iron though so not dissapointed. Will get a Gain soon though.
April 01, 2018 03:53PM
I watched Ziggy nail test video with the super six. Thanks been wondering almost bought a warrior some time back because of Keiths videos.
April 01, 2018 03:56PM
Calabash,

It's not special in the sense that it's the next best thing since the NOX ( HA !...had too).

The unit is an analog unit, with audio that is not like the digital units. Some of us old timers like analog audio. Our ears are tuned to this type of audio ( I am one of those old timers). You may get one in your hands and just the look and feel of the unit may be a turn off. In this day and age of wireless, light weight, screens, etc. this unit is old school. You may not like the audio at all as well.

One can call it a specialty unit but in my opinion it is not. OK...it can't hunt salt water beaches (of even fresh water since I would not want to get it near water since it's not water proof).

But what I have found in my brief running of it (have not had it long at all), is that it can hunt in iron plain and simple...and is extremely effective in doing so. I have compared it to other units I have and it stands out in that respect.

One of the best things I like about this unit is this...IT IS SIMPLE TO SET UP. There are not 12-100 programs, settings, options, etc. A few knobs, 2 triggers....that is it.

For the most part, run in 2 tone, set up the iron volume, disc level, adjust the Gain and Sensitivity to the environment at hand, ground balance and go. Being a die hard CZ fan, I like units with a manual GB....that's just me.I like to have the option to set up the GB positive or negative. I pretty much always run neutral but I like the ability to simply be able to tweak it at a moments notice.

The recovery speed on the VGG is amazing. With the smaller Super Six coil it tests out better than any unit I have in terms of separation of targets. Maybe it is the coil design, the analog processing, who knows but it does one heck of a job.

The audio is distinct .No interpretation between high and low tones yet it can 'color' targets and give an audio representation that is completely different compared to digital units. Keith S explains it better but until you use it and listen, it's hard to explain. The audio can 'speak' to you as the coil is passed over a target. The edges of a target can make the audio have very different/subtle responses. A good pair of headphones is a must on this unit to really hear that difference. It's there.

If there is a brief high tone when you are hearing a lot of low tone iron.....isolate that high tone and dig it. It's non-ferrous. End of story.

It's a really cool unit to have in the arsenal for a lot of different uses. I took it out tot lot detecting with the Super Six. Found a few small junk jewelry targets and something of value. Obviously I found lots of wonderful bits of foil, balls of foil, aluminum, non-ferrous junk. Won't post pics just yet but will do after a few more tot lot hunts. Weather is finally starting to clear up. I really want to try it relic hunting in a field but I don't do much if any of that type of hunting. I may have to though. Cellar hole hunts, old cabin sites in the woods, picnic groves, parks, tot lots...that is the land hunting I do.

I am off to the beach now....just got a Multi Kruzer and will try my hand and videoing the maiden voyage. I like this unit too. Was going to bring the VGG for dry sanding but want to spend all my time with the MK today.

I don't video at all but today gonna give it a try.
April 01, 2018 04:00PM
I might get my hands on one when they get plentiful seems like a shortage of detectors lately...lol
April 01, 2018 04:28PM
If I had more time on it I would send you mine.

I know at some point soon you will become busy with the business and won't have time to detect. If in the next 3-4 weeks if I get enough time on it, and you still have free time, I can send it on down for you to mess around with it.
April 01, 2018 05:19PM
I had one but missed the display, it is a dig everything machine and for my type of hunting in Calif trash and relics if you go to a dirty site you dig and dig and dig. If you have iron then it is a nice unit. Ground bal drifts and the disc will maybe disc out some nails but that is about it. In England the ones that use it love it but that is a different world. I was going to do a test with the impact and the Gain but sold it before I had the chance. For your type of detecting Calabash it may prove to be a great second unit. But I would like to see it hunt along side of the deus and Euinox 800. On my impact I use an all metal program that most are not using so I don't know if my testing would have been fair. The impact with this all metal program seems to allow me to hunt in a way that has not been offered by other machines. It also just might click with me and that is why I trust it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 01, 2018 07:30PM
Thanks just let me know..therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I had more time on it I would send you mine.
>
> I know at some point soon you will become busy wit
> h the business and won't have time to detect. If i
> n the next 3-4 weeks if I get enough time on it, a
> nd you still have free time, I can send it on down
> for you to mess around with it.