Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

One of the best Confederate buttons ive dug.

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
One of the best Confederate buttons ive dug.
April 01, 2018 10:19PM
This is one of the best confederate buttons ive dug... confederate button

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 12:19PM by calabash digger.
Re: One of the best Confederate buttons ive dug.
April 01, 2018 10:48PM
Show doggin'!
April 01, 2018 11:05PM
Just wanted let you know who I am as a digger Harold.. New guy shows up and starts posting test videos and so on. Just wanted to let you know I'm a accomplished relic hunter too. So I might have a clue as to whats going on.
April 01, 2018 11:10PM
Come on guys, calabash digger is the real deal....appreciate the man......for goodness sakes.
April 01, 2018 11:14PM
I thought I would show a little of my re su me.... I feel like Rodney Dangerfield on this forum cant get no respect....cool smiley
April 01, 2018 11:16PM
BTW I have learned this from posting videos once you insult a mans detector your enemies for life...hot smiley
April 01, 2018 11:23PM
pure joy in your voice shows how much passion you have for this great hobby
April 01, 2018 11:36PM
How long You been diggin'?
April 01, 2018 11:40PM
If you got it, flaunt it. Two block I's in one day ain't no joke.
April 01, 2018 11:55PM
I see two prominent features in these videos , a large ominous blob that appears repeatedly in the central bottom part of the screen and a lot of hubris.
April 02, 2018 12:30AM
-------------------------------------------------------
> How long You been diggin'?

If I said 20yrs would that be long enough? 10 yrs ? 5 yrs? 2yrs? I saw where you made fun of the guy for have been hunting for 5 yrs. You should be ashamed of yourself it doesn't take everyone 20 yrs to learn how to cut a detector on. Some guys are quick studies......Some guy says I have been hunting 15yrs. That guy hunts 5 hours a week. Another guy says I have been hunting 5 yrs and he avergages 15 to 20 hrs a week . Who has more experience? YEARS don't always equal know how like a lot like to pretend. In some cases it does but not in all. I know people who been doing this way longer than me and don't know squat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 12:41AM by calabash digger.
April 02, 2018 12:32AM
What you dug lately? The ominous blob gets over a lot of targets though might be how its balanced that does it...shoveler Wrote:
> I see two prominent features in these videos , a l
> arge ominous blob that appears repeatedly in the c
> entral bottom part of the screen and a lot of hubr
> is.
April 02, 2018 12:43AM
Hey bash...

You ought to have a theme song in your videos, "Dueling Banjos" would be perfect>grinning smiley<
April 02, 2018 01:28AM
Very nice finds!! I can only dream of finding them. If it was me making a find like that, I would be performing cartwheels across the field (and probably throw out my back lol )
April 02, 2018 02:14AM
Calabash, the people that don't like or respect you are probably not going to change their opinion no matter what you find or what detector you use.The best thing for you to do is to ignore the negative people and keep doing your thing for the people that appreciate your posts and videos.
April 02, 2018 02:28AM
Thanks...
April 02, 2018 02:28AM
Lucky @#$!..... congratulations, one of the finest buttons I've seen in years.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
April 02, 2018 03:44AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How long You been diggin'?
>
>
>
> If I said 20yrs would that be long enough? 10 yrs
> ? 5 yrs? 2yrs? I saw where you made fun of the guy
> for have been hunting for 5 yrs. You should be ash
> amed of yourself it doesn't take everyone 20 yrs t
> o learn how to cut a detector on. Some guys are qu
> ick studies......Some guy says I have been hunting
> 15yrs. That guy hunts 5 hours a week. Another guy
> says I have been hunting 5 yrs and he avergages 15
> to 20 hrs a week . Who has more experience? YEARS
> don't always equal know how like a lot like to pre
> tend. In some cases it does but not in all. I know
> people who been doing this way longer than me and
> don't know squat.

100% spot on.

I have read posts where 20-30 year "vets" complain how a single button pin-pointer is confusing...
Other 20-30 year vets talking about how headphones are useless since detectors have speakers...
Another about how frequency never matters...that 10khz and 50khz are the same...

Let's not forget the 20+ year vet who said that ONLY 20+ year vets should give advice in this hobby. That dude was funny...or just an idiot.

But wait...it's FINDS we are talking about...

Read a few guys say they have not found a war nickel or a walker in decades of hunting...
Other decades old hobbyists never found a gold ring....
One guy has detected New England for 20+ years and has yet to find a 1700 coin or relic...

Yet here I am getting 15 emails a day asking me to explain recovery speed, unmasking, and separation...by guys who have been in the hobby for decades.

In all that time you have not grasped the simple core concepts behind the hobby? You still need to ask why coil size and types matter from site to site? You have not handled more than one or two detectors in 30 years?

What was that about "how long you been diggin"?

I have been in this hobby a whooping 3 years. In that time I found a walker...2X war nickels...joined the 1800 and 1700 club (west of Colorado no less)...3000+ subs on YouTube...toured a factory...got sponsored...sell detectors...even tested a prototype or three.

Tooting my own horn and bashing my elders? Far from it. I am thankful to the helpful (not entitled) elders who paved the way so I could walk on a smoother surface. Just making a point that it is not the years you put in...it is what you learn in those years...or at least what you do with them.

Calabash not only finds the good stuff...but has the intelligence to back it up. Anybody questioning him as a detectorist has lost their damn mind. Considering the age of many in this hobby...probably lost years ago.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
April 02, 2018 05:07AM
Why not take a few seconds to post a pic along with the link?
Not everyone feels like getting tied up on youtube to see a find.
April 02, 2018 10:18AM
A person can learn from a fool or a wise man or he can consider himself wise in his own eyes and learn nothing. Not a comment directed toward anyone.
April 02, 2018 10:50AM
what picture host do I need to get to upload photos?
April 02, 2018 11:20AM
I agree that length of service doesn't always equate to superior knowledge/skill, you see that proven in many sports/hobbies, where some relative novice will hit the top rung of the ladder very quickly. I've done similar myself in archery, winning indoor and outdoor national championships in my first year, beating guys with 30+yrs experience, simply because i obsessed over it, put in the hours of practice, and learned my equipment inside out.
Calabash may have the benefit of lots of older targets in the ground compared to other areas, similar to here in the UK/Ireland where some areas are low in targets, while other areas are abundant, but he put the time in testing and getting to know his Deus very quickly and it has paid off.

By the way, he stole his fancy pants pitch program from me, the thief, i'm not giving him credit for that!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 11:27AM by ghound.
April 02, 2018 11:29AM
Nice find.
April 02, 2018 11:42AM
thanks!
April 02, 2018 11:43AM
TO: TheHunterGT

"anyone questioning-----has lost their Damn mind. Considering the age of Many in this hobby---probably years ago".

You sound like that little Twit hogg---to take a shot at the many fine older folks in this or any hobby is showing membership in the DSM 5 Cluster B.
April 02, 2018 11:44AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> what picture host do I need to get to upload photo
> s?

Tinyplcs.com
April 02, 2018 12:04PM
thanks.
April 02, 2018 12:42PM
Awesome find, CB. Keep em coming!

Dean
April 02, 2018 01:03PM
Awesome find CD. Keep postin, those negative Nellie posts will just toughen you up so much, soon even a direct hit by a lightning bolt wouldn't bother you! Might mess up your 800 though!
April 02, 2018 01:13PM
Well I see the discussion going on here. It's about time. Any and all folks could have talent. Don't have to be an old timer either in the detecting hobby.

A few analogies to show.

Reckon how the first pro golfer felt when they teed of with Tiger Woods circa 1996. Wonder if they thought, oh just another inexperienced golfer.
What happened in the years following?
Total domination for quite a few right?
So who should folks have been asking for tips Tiger or the old experienced fogies?

Take a gent who was sacking groceries. Gent went to St Louse Rams and turned out to be one best QBs to ever throw a football.

What about the stability of Makro Kruzer in salt water?
Single freq detector right?
Who's the engineer or group of engineers behind?
We hear of other great engineers related to metal detectors.

What about the Xp Deus rod.
I saw folks comments about how flimsy it looked some years ago.
Who designed it.
Pretty dam good rod if you ask me.

What about tomorrow, it could be a young engineer to rises to the top and makes some scientific discovery and adds to the detecting world a remarkable detector in performance.

Wonder if the same folks who engineered the Ford Model T were designing autos today?
Would they even look like they do today.

Bottom line is lots of folks have varying levels of talent. And any one person could have a break out moment. We should not dismiss a person's thoughts based solely on their time of doing something,

It is the youth that will engineer and design the detectors of tomorrow.

Part of a senior detectorist's job is recognizing younger detectorist talent and thoughts- not demeaning them.
How I see this anyway.