Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

One of the best Confederate buttons ive dug.

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: One of the best Confederate buttons ive dug.
April 02, 2018 04:07PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TO: TheHunterGT
>
> "anyone questioning-----has lost their Damn mind.
> Considering the age of Many in this hobby---probab
> ly years ago".
>
> You sound like that little Twit hogg---to take a s
> hot at the many fine older folks in this or any ho
> bby is showing membership in the DSM 5 Cluster B.

He is just another one of today's YouTube hero's.
Pating Himself on the back about His YouTube channel and 3 Years that took Him to know more than all.
I hate to disappoint Him but I have a Garrett pinpointer and actually know how to use it. And found about 30 something halfs with My old outdated detectors. I found two in a week last year with My little outdated Golden uMax. Not all us 'elders' are idiots who don't find anything.
But I will admit I don't have a 1700s coin so the Mighty Hunter wins that one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 04:35PM by Harold,ILL..
April 02, 2018 06:33PM
Harold don't feel bad I will let you look at one of mine...
April 02, 2018 06:35PM
If you want to see some more just let me know...cool smiley
April 02, 2018 06:41PM
Closet I got was an 1816 Largie. Like to find a bust coin of any kind before I leave this earth. That is a nice coin. Love the Draped Bust design best.
April 02, 2018 06:53PM
My favorite too.
April 02, 2018 07:01PM
they are jealous Scott for one thing. I appreciate you not only sharing your incredible finds with us but giving us good tips on how you're doing it. I don't see them showing us their finds or their settings to help others out. Only their negative way of trying to make themselves feel superior. Don't pay any attention to them.
April 02, 2018 07:15PM
The thing about today's new Mighty Diggers that are so enthralled with masturbating their egos on youtube is that they mistakenly take the attitude that the finds they make is the result of a talent they have with a special machine when in fact it is just a factor of the LOCATION they are hunting. What's more difficult to technologically find , a 1964 nickel 8" deep in bad soil or a Revolutionary War era button 8" deep in mild buttery soil? We all know the answer but location makes one a find and the other just a dig.
Explaining the research and diligent searching out of productive sights would add much more gravitas to the finders resume than trying to impress a viewer with some self proclaimed excellence with detector a,b,or c , especially when so many of the unexpected finds people reporting with the NOX are simply the result of digging everything just to learn what the thing is saying. Who that has swung more than a couple detectors hasn't had that same experience?
April 02, 2018 08:16PM
they are jealous Scott for one thing. I appreciate you not only sharing your incredible finds with us but giving us good tips on how you're doing it. I don't see them showing us their finds or their settings to help others out. Only their negative way of trying to make themselves feel superior. Don't pay any attention to them.
April 02, 2018 08:24PM
it's great that you have found a lot of great detecting relics and coins but why do you feel the need to tear down someone for doing the same? you didn't have youtube back then so it was all magazine articles. did you write to them too and tell them they don't know what their doing or have big egos because they wrote an article and took some pictures?

Harold,ILL. Wrote:
--
-----------------------------------------------------
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > TO: TheHunterGT
> >
> > "anyone questioning-----has lost their Damn mind
> .
> > Considering the age of Many in this hobby---prob
> ab
> > ly years ago".
> >
> > You sound like that little Twit hogg---to take a
> s
> > hot at the many fine older folks in this or any
> ho
> > bby is showing membership in the DSM 5 Cluster B
> .
>
> He is just another one of today's YouTube hero's.
> Pating Himself on the back about His YouTube chann
> el and 3 Years that took Him to know more than all
> .
> I hate to disappoint Him but I have a Garrett pinp
> ointer and actually know how to use it. And found
> about 30 something halfs with My old outdated dete
> ctors. I found two in a week last year with My lit
> tle outdated Golden uMax. Not all us 'elders' are
> idiots who don't find anything.
> But I will admit I don't have a 1700s coin so the
> Mighty Hunter wins that one.
April 02, 2018 08:39PM
martygene "tear down somebody because-----" your fellow traveler,thehuntergt, tore down several GENERATIONS of older detectorists with his "considering their age they lost their minds years ago".

Since you have appointed yourself "ethics policeman" go back over my posts to CH and see that they were mostly QUESTIONS about Why he did this or that in a video---you understand "questions" asked so that one may learn---however, if one already knows All the answers one would not need to ask any question.
April 02, 2018 09:07PM
shoveler Wrote:
> The thing about today's new Mighty Diggers that ar
> e so enthralled with masturbating their egos on yo
> utube is that they mistakenly take the attitude th
> at the finds they make is the result of a talent t
> hey have with a special machine when in fact it is
> just a factor of the LOCATION they are hunting. Wh
> at's more difficult to technologically find , a 19
> 64 nickel 8" deep in bad soil or a Revolutionary W
> ar era button 8" deep in mild buttery soil? We all
> know the answer but location makes one a find and
> the other just a dig.
> Explaining the research and diligent searching out
> of productive sights would add much more gravitas
> to the finders resume than trying to impress a vie
> wer with some self proclaimed excellence with dete
> ctor a,b,or c , especially when so many of the une
> xpected finds people reporting with the NOX are si
> mply the result of digging everything just to lear
> n what the thing is saying. Who that has swung mor
> e than a couple detectors hasn't had that same exp
> erience?

Exactly

but

you can't get that thru the thick skulls of the starry eyed greenhorns slobbering all over an old coin/button found in areas where they happen to be far more easy pickins than in many other areas of the country (in many areas non existent) but on this or any other forum because they not only think they know everything with their 3/5/7/10 yrs in the hobby with 3/5/8 machines under their belts and think they can out hunt the best of the best but --- they think they have seen it all/done it all and have nothing to learn from us old/er timers who put all the info down in writing that they find on THIS forum especially (some more than others) but in the 1st place. They come here and read thru the pages of the info that us old/er long term hunters painstakingly learned over 30/40+ yrs and act like they are due that info somehow and/or that just because they've read the book that they know how to apply the knowledge full fledged afield and/but at the same time = can't even put 2 and 2 together and realize the above?

But yet they want us to respect them and take them serious? And wonder why they get jumped on, ridiculed, taunted, etc. by the old/er waaaay more experienced guys here? It's not about WHAT you dig that makes you an experienced/knowledgeable hunter. Hell, a 12 yr old with an ace 250 could dig a $500 button from the REV or CW in the low country low mineral sugar sand area/s and where there's still a lot to be had but let's see some of these greenhorn know it all's take their best unit/s to the red clay areas of the mountains where the mineral is 4/5 bars and/or in sites where the iron/nails are so thick you can pull 50 nails per sq ft from the dirt AND/OR where the sites have been POUNDED for 40 yrs or more and let's see how good they do/what they have to show off on their youtube channels to brag about...Hell, just come here where I am and hunt MY sites of just the last 6/8 yrs that I hunt and let's see WHAT you have to show off at the end of the day and how great of an experienced/knowledgeable hunter you look like after a day in one of these sites. Oh, and there's stuff in them BUT it'll take a good hunter that knows what he's doing to pull something good out after 4/5 hrs MAYBE and/but I guarantee you ain't diggin any 1700s coins or $500 REV/CW buttons, etc to make yourself look good on youtube or some forum where masses of newbie/greenhorns hang out waiting just to oooh and ahhh over stuff like that - that can only be found in certain areas of the country and much more easily in some VS others.

It's almost comical watching these clowns come here and think they're dealing with just more of the masses of young/er more easily fooled/greenhorn types that hang out on all those other forums or FB or youtube and then realize they've hit a brick wall when the red carpet isn't rolled out for them and when they find themselves getting gunfire from every vantage point. What's even funnier though is watching them being manipulated by many of us here and watching their actions/reactions in re: to it all! grinning smiley

(edit)

P.S. = nice button!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 09:34PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
April 02, 2018 09:49PM
At the risk of sounding like I'm putting together a sermon, here we go:

I think a lot of this can be broken down into what I'm going to call the "E"s.

Experience -- Is knowledge that is learned through time; trial and error. You learn what works and what does not work, because over time you have encountered many of the same problems and will remember. In a Civil War site, I often see people running around like a chicken with their head cut off, trying to find the next spot. They will abandon a spot that is producing relics, in hopes of finding another spot where things come out more frequent. An experienced hunter will go slow and when they start finding relics, they will go slower and 9 times out of 10, the slower hunter will have way more in their pouch by the time it is done. Experience is good, but it is also not the end all of the sentence. Where a lot of people have have more experience than the young buckaroos, they often lack the next thing, which is...

Enthusiasm -- The intense energy of getting out there! Because of that, they are finding stuff. That's one thing I have noticed the younger generation of hunters have, that the older people do not, and that the older people tend to get snippy about. The old timer's remark might be similar to "Hahah look at those green horns over there hunting that spot. We hunted it years ago and all that is in there is old car parts from a junkyard in the 1960s". Because of the enthusiasm and energy of youth, they get in there anyway and dig through the car parts, and come out with a CS belt plate or other nice relics/coins. I've seen that one happen numerous times over the years. The younger generation have the sheer energy and stamina that keeps them going. They don't know that such and such site was "hunted out" back in the 70s and 80s and that there ain't anything there anymore. To them it is a new spot and they attack it as such, and often come out with some good items. Enthusiasm is all about attitude. Attitude can make all the difference in finding something and not finding something.

Ego -- This goes for both sides as everybody has an ego whether they admit it or not. The newer people like to show off their finds and the veteran hunters like to tout their number of years in the hobby like it is some kind of position of seniority in a job. I believe things can be learned from both younger people and older people in the hobby. If you don't think so, take your smart phone and hand it to an 8 year old. They will show you things that it can do in 10 minutes that you'd never figure out in a decade. This generation grew up with electronics and computers. The older ones have had to adapt to it as it has came along. I think it hurts a lot of the egos of the older diggers when they see the younger pups consistently making finds, so they hold onto the one thing they have, and that is the stance on seniority. Which brings us to...

Envy and Excuses -- I see these on the message boards more than anything. Excuses excuses, we hear them every day! There is a lot of envy and a lot of excuses hurled around. There are a lot of jealous people out there, and this board is not exempt. I see it on other boards too. I see it on social media. See it on YouTube comments, etc. I admit, I get envious of those people that live in places where coppers come out on nearly every hunt. It's all in location. Some areas have large amounts of certain items. I've personally found more Civil War belt plates than I have coppers/large cents. I envy the people that live in places like the low country, SC...because of the condition their coins and relics come out in. I can make excuses about not finding the stuff, but in reality...it's just an excuse. If I really wanted to, I could research some places, and hop in my truck or on a plane, and go put myself in the prime locations to find the items I'm envious of others for finding. But I will use excuses to keep me from doing it. Cost of travel, difficulty in getting permission in unknown areas, etc. All excuses. You will see and hear people blaming others, and using them as an excuse. Using other people's digging implements as excuses. Blaming social media or youtube for their lack of success, etc. It's all excuses when you put the rubber to the road.

You could go on and on with these but you get the picture. A metal detector is just a tool and some of you are WAY to high strung about your detectors. It's not like it is the family sword passed down from generation to generation, and somebody has insulted it and thereby insulted you. It's just a tool man. Pick one you feel is best for the job and go out and have fun. I've found more things in the last few weeks than I have in a long time, just because you guys have made the forums so miserable to read and I'm getting out instead of sitting and reading.
April 02, 2018 10:00PM
You guys crack me up if I only lived in your area... blah blah blah... I dont live in the North East pal ! Come down here and try to find a colonial coin! I dont live in the low country I have only hunted there 4 times.. We have to put our time researching and searching for sites. Hundreds of hours studying maps and then going and try to find the sites to hunt. I like the way you ole timers are trying to take away from someones hard work and belittle it. Ride on down here and you will find out relics are not flying out of sand boxes around here. All you so called experts dont have a clue about what we have to to find sites here. It must make you guys feel better about yourselves to put others down. I have learned a lot from you ole timers on this forum, mainly how not to be.......everybody and their brother has a metal detector these days and competition is on big time here. The only clown is you pal !!! We live in relic heaven here where buttons fly out the ground and all sites are loaded..... get a life dude. It could not be that some others are just as good as you are buddy? Well get over yourself because some of this newer generation is as good as you are or maybe even better.... go troll someone elses post!
April 02, 2018 10:11PM
I guess this is some of that"youthful enthusiasm" that Daniel was speaking of.
April 02, 2018 10:18PM
You can go troll someone else too. The only way I'm leaving this forum is if they kick me off. I will post my mind blowing finds and just as many test videos as they will allow. You guys are like the little kids trying to cyber bully somebody into leaving or shutting up. I can tell each and everyone of you it aint gonna work with me. Since you guys dont like YouTube go get your copies of Eastern and Western best finds 2017 because I got a couple articles in there you ole timers might enjoy...eye popping smiley
April 02, 2018 10:30PM
Easy CD--I'm not trolling or trying to get rid of you or anyone.A well thought of fellow on the forum posted a fine post about the merits of "youthful enthusiasm" and I was using your post to show "youthful enthusiasm".
Whatever dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 10:32PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
You know what we hardly see on this forum.
The tell all -IMO

How often do we see a person with years (decades) detecting asking a person who's been detecting fewer years (not even a decade) a question.
Just sincere inquisitive questions.

Like they are indeed interested in the person's success, detector used, settings, etc,

Yeah, this is missing here alright.

Ashamed too.

It's the same ole folks clinging to whatever.

At some point in a person's life they should realize their better days of detecting likely behind them, and then think about ways to help the next generation of folks who are up and coming.

This is what defines a professional detectorist to me.
NASA Tom I think ask some time ago what one is actually, when responding to a gent's comments.
So there you have it.
And NASA-Tom fits the bill here for a professional detectorist.
When you look at his postings here over the years.

I don't hesitate to help a person out, ask questions and give kudos.

Now the $64,000 question.

How is It I can post literally the same things on another forum as I do here and get a totally different response there vs here?

So folks here need to ask themselves, do you want to be regarded as a professional detectorist.
If so, climb on board.

Btw, just because I didn't mention any other folks here as being professional detectorist doesn't mean there are no others.
There certainly are, and the list is long..

But there are some here who need to change their ways if they want to be on the professional detectorists' train.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 10:49PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 02, 2018 10:32PM
I remember reading a report from an experienced user of many years on the Impact.
The site was a patch of grass approx 40'x100', which he had previously hit with 'many top machines' including a CTX, AT Pro, F19, Deus etc
So in a 4hr hunt with his Impact he dug 100 coins of which 70% were older drops which he claimes were missed by the previous detectors!

When i read his report i asked myself how could this experienced old time hunter have missed 70+ coins in such a small hard hit plot, and with top end units?

It was at this stage i pretty much decided to ignore any more of MRH's experienced user reports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 10:35PM by ghound.
April 02, 2018 10:41PM
That man really wrote that ???? HMMMM !! something smells fishy... confused smiley Can you guys say Pinocchio?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 10:44PM by calabash digger.
April 02, 2018 11:02PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> You can go troll someone else too. The only way I'
> m leaving this forum is if they kick me off. I wil
> l post my mind blowing finds and just as many test
> videos as they will allow. You guys are like the l
> ittle kids trying to cyber bully somebody into lea
> ving or shutting up. I can tell each and everyone
> of you it aint gonna work with me. Since you guys
> dont like YouTube go get your copies of Eastern an
> d Western best finds 2017 because I got a couple a
> rticles in there you ole timers might enjoy...eye popping smiley

"I will post my mind blowing finds"
That says a lot about your reasons for the videos, posts, photos,and detector comparisons.
Very disappointing Calabash
April 02, 2018 11:09PM
Bill long Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> -----
> > You can go troll someone else too. The only way
> I'
> > m leaving this forum is if they kick me off. I w
> il
> > l post my mind blowing finds and just as many te
> st
> > videos as they will allow. You guys are like the
> l
> > ittle kids trying to cyber bully somebody into l
> ea
> > ving or shutting up. I can tell each and everyon
> e
> > of you it aint gonna work with me. Since you guy
> s
> > dont like YouTube go get your copies of Eastern
> an
> > d Western best finds 2017 because I got a couple
> a
> > rticles in there you ole timers might enjoy...::
> o
>
> "I will post my mind blowing finds"
> That says a lot about your reasons for the videos
> , posts, photos,and detector comparisons.
> Very disappointing Calabash

+1 Good point,,,,,,,,,ego orgasm??
April 02, 2018 11:10PM
Not here to impress either of you so whatever that says about me take however you wish. I will say this it does say a lot about me. I do my homework and spend my time and money so I can make great finds. I hope it says heres a guy who loves this hobby and is very dedicated to it. Mind blowing was hyperbole for all the other egg throwers up there...but hey some of them are mind blowing.......smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 11:14PM by calabash digger.
April 02, 2018 11:16PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> what picture host do I need to get to upload photo
> s?

I use [postimages.org], very simple and they never expire.

I don't have anything against youtube per se, I use it myself extensively for things that interest me, MD sometimes but mostly for music, various tutorials and military aviation videos.
When it comes to MD, it seems there is a trend to sensationalize, a lust for followers, clicks, thumbs up, subscriptions ect that IMO drives many to outright fake finds just to get clicks.

Not saying in any way this is you, don't think it is at all ... But the trend has disgusted me, reminds me of girls flitting around for boyfriends, and really is generally beneath my dignity to have any part of.
There are some good informative videos to be sure, tons of them maybe ,, But getting to them can be like finding a thimble in a pile of slop, and unless it is something that directly interests me such as machine type or location, I generally won't click.

Also, I feel like youtube is killing forums like this, along with facebook.
People just use them to advertise and generate traffic to their sites while posting the bare minimum here, I also will not encourage these types with a click, which is why I suggested at least posting a pic, and possibly since you at least took the time to do that that may generate enough interest for me to click.

1 more edit - "I will continue to post my mind blowing finds" was an unfortunate choice of words I think, shows to me a trend just like I was talking about, to sensationalize and thump your chest, grandstanding, advertising.
Really a bit disappointing from what I thought I knew of you.
You don't need any advice from me I'm sure, I'm just a lowly grunt, alot of experience many nice finds but no desire to toot my own horn - But it wouldn't hurt to show a little humility from time to time, to balance out us old school guys not easily impressed with the newer gen who perhaps like click bait and constant confrontation and self inflation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 11:46PM by Xray.
April 02, 2018 11:18PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Not here to impress either of you so whatever tha
> t says about me take however you wish.

I will
April 02, 2018 11:24PM
The way you guys like to troll me says a lot about yhall too.
April 02, 2018 11:29PM
doc holiday
TO: TheHunterGT

"anyone questioning-----has lost their Damn mind. Considering the age of Many in this hobby---probably years ago".

You sound like that little Twit hogg---to take a shot at the many fine older folks in this or any hobby is showing membership in the DSM 5 Cluster B.

Fine older folks are absolutely in this hobby, and I'm not taking shots at them. I'm taking shots at the old farts who think THEY are the ones who blessed us with their knowledge because we are too young or stupid to figure it out on our own. I fully admit I have tons to learn still. However, the older than Moses blowhards who piss and moan at every youngster who participates sure as hell ain't teaching me a DAMN thing other than how NOT to act when I am their age.

Harold,ILL.
He is just another one of today's YouTube hero's.
Pating Himself on the back about His YouTube channel and 3 Years that took Him to know more than all.
I hate to disappoint Him but I have a Garrett pinpointer and actually know how to use it. And found about 30 something halfs with My old outdated detectors. I found two in a week last year with My little outdated Golden uMax. Not all us 'elders' are idiots who don't find anything.
But I will admit I don't have a 1700s coin so the Mighty Hunter wins that one.

I never claimed to know it all...and never called myself a hero. Although I did save a cat from a tree once. I have a TON to learn in this hobby...just not from guys like you. I respect my elders that deserve respect. Not some cranky old fart who bitches and moans anytime somebody younger than them shows off a find or makes a valid assessment between two detectors. That would be outright foolish to give somebody like that respect due to age alone. I mean hell - here you are being a prime example of that by putting words in my mouth because you thought I was lumping all of my elders into one category.

doc holiday
" your fellow traveler,thehuntergt, tore down several GENERATIONS of older detectorists with his "considering their age they lost their minds years ago".

I tore down a specific percentage of that generation. Like I clearly stated...I respect the guys that paved the way for me with actual knowledge, help, and tutoring. Those guys are true pioneers and teachers in this hobby. The guys who start posts with "I've been detecting for 30 years so you better listen to me".....not so much.

MichiganRelicHunter
But yet they want us to respect them and take them serious? And wonder why they get jumped on, ridiculed, taunted, etc. by the old/er waaaay more experienced guys here? It's not about WHAT you dig that makes you an experienced/knowledgeable hunter. Hell, a 12 yr old with an ace 250 could dig a $500 button from the REV or CW in the low country low mineral sugar sand area/s and where there's still a lot to be had but let's see some of these greenhorn know it all's take their best unit/s to the red clay areas of the mountains where the mineral is 4/5 bars and/or in sites where the iron/nails are so thick you can pull 50 nails per sq ft from the dirt AND/OR where the sites have been POUNDED for 40 yrs or more and let's see how good they do/what they have to show off on their youtube channels to brag about...Hell, just come here where I am and hunt MY sites of just the last 6/8 yrs that I hunt and let's see WHAT you have to show off at the end of the day and how great of an experienced/knowledgeable hunter you look like after a day in one of these sites. Oh, and there's stuff in them BUT it'll take a good hunter that knows what he's doing to pull something good out after 4/5 hrs MAYBE and/but I guarantee you ain't diggin any 1700s coins or $500 REV/CW buttons, etc to make yourself look good on youtube or some forum where masses of newbie/greenhorns hang out waiting just to oooh and ahhh over stuff like that - that can only be found in certain areas of the country and much more easily in some VS others.

It's almost comical watching these clowns come here and think they're dealing with just more of the masses of young/er more easily fooled/greenhorn types that hang out on all those other forums or FB or youtube and then realize they've hit a brick wall when the red carpet isn't rolled out for them and when they find themselves getting gunfire from every vantage point. What's even funnier though is watching them being manipulated by many of us here and watching their actions/reactions in re: to it all!

See that is the thing...nobody is begging you for respect. Nobody asked for your old dusty carpet to be rolled out, that is just what you want to believe in your own mind. It makes you feel better to think we are all too young, dumb, and stupid to possibly be taken seriously. We are just young guys looking for fortune and fame. News flash for you....metal detecting is NOT where a person would search for fortune and fame. We actually love this hobby and will still be here when you are long gone.

The fact is that many of us newer guys crave our elders knowledge...not your attention. You have no reason to direct your "gunfire" at us as we are not trying to "take over" or any nonsense like that. The sad fact is that guys like you are too egotistical to get out of their own way to lend a hand. You would rather hold grudges against guys like TNSS for something that happened years back than realize there is good information being delivered by him. I am supposed to respect you and want respect back from you? You are right...that is hilarious.

Guys like Calabash and TNSS are true credits to this hobby. Guys like you are on the way out and simply jealous that they are getting attention and kudos.

You find some rad stuff...I will give you that. But like they say...location is everything....

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
April 02, 2018 11:42PM
ghound Wrote:
> I remember reading a report from an experienced us
> er of many years on the Impact.
> The site was a patch of grass approx 40'x100', whi
> ch he had previously hit with 'many top machines'
> including a CTX, AT Pro, F19, Deus etc
> So in a 4hr hunt with his Impact he dug 100 coins
> of which 70% were older drops which he claimes wer
> e missed by the previous detectors!
>
> When i read his report i asked myself how could th
> is experienced old time hunter have missed 70+ coi
> ns in such a small hard hit plot, and with top end
> units?
>
> It was at this stage i pretty much decided to igno
> re any more of MRH's experienced user reports.

ghound

I don't care what you believe or not but I don't understand why it's so hard for YOU to understand that it's an 1888 tavern/bar site STILL open/in use and I GUARANTEE if I went there today = I can dig another APPROX 100 clad coins just like I dug with the Impact during testing and just like I did every time I went there with other machines (about 4/5 times) over the last 10/12 yrs

place is loaded = you get tired of digging/sifting them out of the trash the place is also loaded with - that's why there's so many coins still there PLUS all the more being dropped every day/week/month yr after yr so it's not going to run out any time soon either ---- also --- what you don't know/that I never mentioned is that they hold many outdoor events on the property during the warmer months every yr and have for longer than I've been alive (BBQ's, etc) it's a bar dummy. They also plow the snow from the parking lot up into the grassy area during the winter. Everything that's dropped in the snow from people entering/exiting their vehicles in the parking lot gets pushed into the grass/area too so it's like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to digging CLAD coins/etc there

believe it or not = don't give a rats azz and from this point on = do not acknowledge YOU, calabash clown nor tnshithunter on this or any other forum.
April 02, 2018 11:49PM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> Guys like Calabash and TNSS are true credits to th
> is hobby. Guys like you are on the way out and si
> mply jealous that they are getting attention and k
> udos.
>

You mean just like you = more like laughing stocks of the hobby

and I'm not jealous NOR on my way out you clown - get a clue
April 02, 2018 11:54PM
But, this is where you fall down, YOU claimed 70% of the coins you found were older, deeper coins, (not recent drops), that YOU missed with the other top end machines, your words.
So much for your many years experience lol

MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> ghound Wrote:
> -----
> > I remember reading a report from an experienced
> us
> > er of many years on the Impact.
> > The site was a patch of grass approx 40'x100', w
> hi
> > ch he had previously hit with 'many top machines
> '
> > including a CTX, AT Pro, F19, Deus etc
> > So in a 4hr hunt with his Impact he dug 100 coin
> s
> > of which 70% were older drops which he claimes w
> er
> > e missed by the previous detectors!
> >
> > When i read his report i asked myself how could
> th
> > is experienced old time hunter have missed 70+ c
> oi
> > ns in such a small hard hit plot, and with top e
> nd
> > units?
> >
> > It was at this stage i pretty much decided to ig
> no
> > re any more of MRH's experienced user reports.
>
>
> ghound
>
> I don't care what you believe or not but I don't u
> nderstand why it's so hard for YOU to understand t
> hat it's an 1888 tavern/bar site STILL open/in use
> and I GUARANTEE if I went there today = I can dig
> another APPROX 100 clad coins just like I dug with
> the Impact during testing and just like I did ever
> y time I went there with other machines (about 4/5
> times) over the last 10/12 yrs
>
> place is loaded = you get tired of digging/sifting
> them out of the trash the place is also loaded wit
> h - that's why there's so many coins still there P
> LUS all the more being dropped every day/week/mont
> h yr after yr so it's not going to run out any tim
> e soon either ---- also --- what you don't know/th
> at I never mentioned is that they hold many outdoo
> r events on the property during the warmer months
> every yr and have for longer than I've been alive
> (BBQ's, etc) it's a bar dummy. They also plow the
> snow from the parking lot up into the grassy area
> during the winter. Everything that's dropped in th
> e snow from people entering/exiting their vehicles
> in the parking lot gets pushed into the grass/area
> too so it's like shooting fish in a barrel when it
> comes to digging CLAD coins/etc there
>
> believe it or not = don't give a rats azz and from
> this point on = do not acknowledge YOU, calabash c
> lown nor tnshithunter on this or any other forum.